• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dmc5 protaganist(s) should be...

Who should be protaganist(s)

• Trish/Lucia/Lady spin off (indivdual stories)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Nero

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Vergil (Vergil's Despair = prequel)

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You don't understand. If you dont like Nero, fine.
I wont tell you to stop not liking him.
But there is a difference between you not liking him and you argumenting for Nero not being right for a protaganist role.
Anyway if you think a good protaganist is one that doesn't need much help, then Nero is that strong at end of dmc4.

But that's just my opinion. I don't see Nero fit as the main character for a DMC5. I've explained why I feel that way, and that's that.

Dont bring up that because Nero received help he is a bad protaganist. If Dante wasn't the main character of dmc, Nero would have pulled himself out of whatever sh1t he was in.
But to give Dante a purpose, they made him support Nero.

Yeah, but he's not the main character of DMC, he's just some kid who got lucky enough to have Sparda's power, but is so quick to get captured either way only for the real main character to have to save him.

But think about it...
Dante in dmc1 was struggling before Trish appeared against Mundus

Actually he only struggled at the final part of the game where he has to reseal him without Sparda's sword.

Dante in dmc3 received backup from Vergil
Yeah, backup, not needed to be saved like Nero did.

Until NTVergil appeared Mundus in reboot was killing and destroying NTDante with his hands.

True, I'll give you that one.

Why is it so big issue to you that a newly demonic character struggles and receives help in form of Yamato, but when other characters are receiving similar help...its ok?

Because though other characters received help, Nero literally NEEDED to be saved in the form of the yamato being thrown at him.

Either way if you think Nero was to weak and was a "damsel in distress", hes certainly not that anymore. He defeated Sanctus who had alot of power.

True but compared to Dante, he's still a pretty weak protagonist. And thus, I still don't see him fit to be the protagonist for DMC5. But hey, just because I don't see him fit doesn't mean he won't be in a possible DMC5.

IncarnatedDemon

No, i know your opinion does not influence who will be protaganist in 5, i am simply discussing with you why i disagree with it.
You have to look at why Nero needed to be saved from a story perspective as well.
If he was untouchable , then where would the story go?
Nero kill Sanctus, end of story.
And it wouldnt give meaning to what Nero says at end about saving Kyrie.

I think Dante should bow down for 1 game, so Nero can developed. Though i know iit will be very bad if they remove Dante completely from the game.

But i don't mind either outcome, but i think it would be better to have Nero as protaganist. Dante's story has been played out.
So why not be respectful towards Nero fans by letting him be protaganist for a second time.

As long as they make Dante playable, and his gameplay skills will not be flawed, then i dont see any issue with Nero being protaganist. Even if we dont see Dante in any cutscene.

DragonMaster2010

No, i know your opinion does not influence who will be protaganist in 5, i am simply discussing with you why i disagree with it.
You have to look at why Nero needed to be saved from a story perspective as well.
If he was untouchable , then where would the story go?

I'm not saying untouchable. Just a bit more powerful so that he doesn't end up getting captured right when he was at the peak of saving his girl, only to just get captured, and Dante having to save him all of a sudden.

Nero kill Sanctus, end of story.
And it wouldnt give meaning to what Nero says at end about saving Kyrie.

Yeah, good for him, but I just feel like he still lacks the basis that Dante had to make him the protagonist he was. Both in character, and all around style.

I think Dante should bow down for 1 game, so Nero can developed. Though i think it will be bad if they remove Dante completely from the game.

I'm not saying he shouldn't give it a break for one game, but at least have his replacement for this game be as entertaining as Dante was, and not some angsty teen with girlfriend issues.

But i don't mind either outcome, but i think it would be better to have Nero as protaganist. Dante's story has been played out.
So why not be respectful towards Nero fans by letting him be protaganist for a second time.

Well I already said why I think Nero is a bad protagonist, but if Capcom could make him interesting, I might as well wait and see.

As long as they make Dante playable, and his gameplay skills will not be flawed, then i dont see any issue with Nero being protagonist. Even if we dont see Dante in any cutscene.

Well as my last sentence said, if capcom can make Nero interesting, then I'll wait and see.

IncarnatedDemon

You can't ask Nero to change to a state like Dante. If you do, then it will be pointless with Nero as protaganist. However, you can hope Nero will maybe catch your interest when he is further developed.

Maybe you still wont like him much, but at least Nero fans got their game with their character.

Plus you can always pick Dante to play as, which should be awesome :D

DragonMaster2010

You can't ask Nero to change to a state like Dante. If you do, then it will be pointless with Nero as protaganist. However, you can hope Nero will maybe catch your interest when he is further developed.

Maybe you still wont like him much, but at least Nero fans got their game with their character.

Plus you can always pick Dante to play as, which should be awesome :D

IF Dante is in DMC5.

IncarnatedDemon

IF Dante is in DMC5.
For me it would be ideal to have Dante in it, but if Dante isnt in it, but the gameplay and story is very good, then i wont have anything to complain about.
Dante is a character that is in fans heart. We will hopefully see him soon enuff if Nero game is successful.
As soon as Nero game is finished and has sold well, the sooner we'll see potential for Dante.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Dante would be awesome continue the story after part two or add at least a female protagonist to the mix...

Maybe a new female lead called Gemma in reference to Dante Alighieri's true lover and wife, since Dante tells Beatrice about his "precious jewel"( gemma) in Purgatorio.

Top Bottom