• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4SE DLC Topic (+ Ideas/Wishlist)

What Type of DLC Would You Wanna See?

• Characters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weapons

• Characters + Weapons

• Total voters

Ixbran

Smashing~
Lets face it, more DLC being released for this title is definitely going to be a thing. So rather than complain about it and whine about the negatives, what we should do is talk about what sort of good things we could see from this. So what sort of characters, costumes, or weapons would you like to see as DLC? I also figure this can be the topic to just talk about DLC in general, including the official DLC.

For me, one of the things I wanna see is Crossover costumes. Capcoms Sengoku Basara series borrows elements from the DMC series, and they acknowledge this. One way they do this is in early entries in the SB series, you could unlock DMC weapons for certain characters. And with the 4th installment, they even do cross over costumes. The characters Masemune Date and Mitsunari Ishida both getting DMC inspired costumes.

So I thought, why not go the other way around? Reference SB in DMC4SE through costumes? Heres the list of who and why:
  • Masamune Date Costume for Dante

Click for Bigger
    Reasons:
    Same English Voice Actor
    Masemune Date has a costume based off Dante in Sengoku Musou 4
    Its highly possible that the entirety of Masemune Date's character is based off of Devil May Cry's Dante.
    Masemune Date has referenced Dante in the past by having the Alastor as his strongest weapon in the first two Sengoku Basara Games

• Yukimura Sanada Costume for Nero

Click for Bigger
    Reasons:
    Same English Voice Actor
    The awesome scarf from the Prototype costume is replaced with an epic head band
    Nero with a ponytail
    Nero without a shirt while wearing an open vest *eyebrow wriggle*

• Naotora Ii Costume for Trish

Click for Bigger
    Reasons:
    Kick ass female fighters with giant swords
    Epic battle armor
    I'll be honest I don't know much about this character. Simply went with this based on her looks, almost went for Oichi but felt it didn't fit. Though Oichi's outfit might fit for Kyrie, if she were playable.
    (Note to self: come up with DLC list of possible DLC characters and try to come up with convincing move set for Kyrie. Then list Oichis costume for her as later DLC.)

• Magoichi Saica Costume for Lady

Click for Bigger
    Reasons:
    Kick ass female fighters with guns
    Epic battle armor
    Fashionable Final Fantasy-esq side skirt
    (Sorta reminds me of Yuna's FFX-2 Gunner Design)
    IT HAS COLORS~ Seriously Lady what is with you in only wearing one single color? ACCESSORIES; HAS YOU HERD OF THEM?!

• Mitsunari Ishida Costume for Vergil

Click for Bigger
    Reasons:
    Same fighting Style
    Mitsunari Ishida has a costume based off Vergil in Sengoku Musou 4
    Its Purple, the best color ever. I don't care for Vergil, at all, but if he wore this I would actually enjoy playing as him.

Last edited:

DavMayCry

Trophy Hunter
As much as I like your suggestions, I can't imagine the Sengoku Basara costumes happening. I hope we get at least 3 more dlc costumes for each character. Weapons are definitely not happening... But weapon skins... They had them in DmC... Buuuuut I'd rather have costumes. Characters? Maybe the sixth. Ever since the price reveal, it seems like something meant to renew interest in the classic series for something even greater at e3... That asking price could mean they're going for attention over profit.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Well, they have so many weapons and fighting styles across the series, I would see it as a lost opportunity not to include them. How awesome would it be to have Agni and Rudra back for Dante, or maybe include the Nevan for Nero?

Lets try and remain positive here, lets let our imaginations wander and just have fun with it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Inuyasha skins.

Because let's face it, DMC3 was pretty much "Swords of an Honorable Ruler."

[Which came out in 2003 in Japan, btw -- two years before Dante's third outing.]

Last edited:

scionicspectre

The way they've been talking about it makes it seem that it probably won't have any post-release DLC, kind of like DmC : Definitive Edition. But if we did get any I'm sure it would just be costumes as weapons and characters are a stupid huge amount of work (unless it's a weapon skin like in DmC).

Blazer-X

I REALLY wouldn't mind a crazy LDK-MD mode where we get LDK spawns on DMD setting. Not something anyone sane would play through with a regular character, but it'd be REALLY fun going through it with a Super Character.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Now see, if Capcom had more ideas like that, then I would support them more.

mr-bean.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
- Nelo Angelo DT
While I agree with you, it's just that I think the concept of Vergil should move on from Nero Angelo to "Dark Sparda" permanently.

Because Sparda could change the Yamato into the Sparda Sword in DT, it would only make sense that Vergil had a similar power.

He originally had Sparda's DT form in DMC4, then changed it to Nero Angelo in DMC3 and DMC1.

Then, if he ultimately resurrects, he'll change his DT form back to Sparda because he's free from Mundus' evil influence.

Last edited:

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
While I agree with you, it's just that I think the concept of Vergil should move on from Nero Angelo to "Dark Sparda" permanently.

Because Sparda could change the Yamato into the Sparda Sword in DT, it would only make sense that Vergil had a similar power.

He originally had Sparda's DT form in DMC4, then changed it to Nero Angelo in DMC3 and DMC1, then, if he ultimately resurrects, he'll change it back to Sparda because he's free from Mundus' evil influence.

Well, I guess that makes sense. Still, since it's a costume, it doesn't have to be in the same time period as the game. Kind of like the Nelo Angelo in DMC3. I agree that story wise, Vergil should move on to "Dark Sparda" if we get another game in the series.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD

He originally had Sparda's DT form in DMC4, then changed it to Nero Angelo in DMC3 and DMC1.

Then, if he ultimately resurrects, he'll change his DT form back to Sparda because he's free from Mundus' evil influence.

And here I thought all those past ramblings of "story isn't important in Devil May Cry" were true...surprise, surprise.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well i would also opt for Corrupted Vergil having as DLC Nero Angelo skin fo DT, but seeing concept for having Sparda sword when having DT would also be nice :) as that " Dark Sparda".

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldnt mind a story based dlc like AC4 freedom cry or infamous 2 festival of blood or the various borderlands stuff.

it doesnt have to be something big continuity wise just as long as its something and interesting like a short story versus a novel.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

It was evidently gameplay mechanics and probably laziness from the game designers or they wanted to do something fun with the resources they have, so no it would not make any sense. Also, how would you explain that Force Edge remained in the Netherworld while Yamato was in Vergil's possession in DMC3 which clearly showed that the two weapons are not one and the same.

Until it is supported by plot, cutscenes, dialogue, non-contradictory character material that he could transform into Sparda, then it is not canonical.

Doubtful. If Vergil would crawl out from the realm of the dead, he would likely have is own new blue Devil Trigger, than something he cannot access without the Sparda. Besides, if Capcom wanted to go that route than Dante would have more chances of developing Sparda's appearence without the proper tool due to being bestowed with the main character status and for unknown plot reasons.

Top Bottom