• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 on HD TV

Koemi

half-breed
Find this a joke if you wish, but I just got a 22" LCD HD mon. that allows resolution 1680x1050 / 1080p HDMI Input! o_O Dynamic contrast ration isn't the best, only 1000:1, but the response time is 3 ms so I am fine.

Stunning, absolutely stunning! No wonder I can't avoid some attacks with my old one - how can you possibly evade when you don't even see the attack, or when there's a lag time between the button you pressed and the actually RG (DMC4 used to warn me all the time that my TV setting induces that lag time) !? :D

OMFG! I have to pull an all-nighter to enjoy HDMI to it's fullness! muhahahahahaha.... after all, it's the sum of my 3 paychecks... <sob>

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Yeah I have an HDTV as well. A 40" Sony Bravia^^. Bought my baby the same week my favorite game(DMC4) was released. My baby has been very good to me and I can't wait to play some Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4 and Capcom vs Tatsunoko ^__^

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
well i played wii games on a HDTV at my friends house, i came back and went on mine and TBH, it didnt look that different lol

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vauxchen;111375 said:
well i played wii games on a HDTV at my friends house, i came back and went on mine and TBH, it didnt look that different lol

Thats because its the Wii, to be honest the Wii and PS2 look terrible on HDTV's.

Now play something like Bioshock, COD4 or Gears Of War etc in 1080p on a HDTV and tell me it doesnt look different. :lol:

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
well if i can get any console that has them i would lol, but my PC is rubbish so it doesnt play them very well anyway, and i dont have enough for a PS3 or 360, i might ask if i can have money for b'day and xmas and then get some soonish lol

Janny

Dines with dementia
Can anyone take a picture of DMC4 in HDTV for us curios people?
This thread reminds me of Fry's comment "But this is HDTV, it's got better resolution than the real world!" :lol:

Saix

Devil's Advocate
Resistance: fall of man is incredible on HD. I didn't have surround sound for ages and I eventually set up a cinema sorta thing.

Now the combo of HD and surround sound plus hardcore DMC music, its unbelieveable!!!

I dont experience a lag tho... :S, I do in GH3 but not for DMC?

Koemi

half-breed
... I can take the HD version, but to hook everything back on my oldie... that's too much work for an old fella like me ^_^
(if at all possible, I can do that too, just need some more time)
just gimme few hours to warm up my brain

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
Dark Drakan;111371 said:
Once you play anything on a HDTV everything else just looks wrong.

How true Dark Drakan ^^ believe me the first time I played my PS3 was on a sh**y 16 inch, Yeah a portable with scart lead ( how terrible ) compared to my 42inch HD Philips, which has better light settings than my friends Sony Bravia HD 42, he even said it was better.

Koemi

half-breed
I already took pic of a screen from my HD LCD - just need time to plug in the old fella and get that same screen and post it here... had a busy week so far, but I promise by weekend I'll have it here [the comparison]

Keaton

Premium
Consoles such as X360 and PS3 beg for HDTV, whereas consoles such as the Wii and PS2 don't need them :D

I am doing an awful amount of over time...around 40hours this month...so hopefully I will be able to start saving :D

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Welcome to the HDTV club! ^_^ Once you go hi-def, you never look back. ;)

I'm hoping to buy a new Full HD TV soon, my current Samsung model is only HD Ready. I'm also eager to buy a Blu Ray player to go with it.

Koemi

half-breed
Alrite.... I finally hooked back that oldie and here it is:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2137235&l=4dba3&id=27600600
(let me know if it's viewable to public)

Screen I picked is Mission 8. Photos labeled as "1080p..." are from my 24" HD LCD monitor on 1080p (more tech on my first post); those labeled as "480p..." are from my 8-year-old 15" apple LCD monitor on max setting, i.e. 1024x768 (PS3 recognizes that as 480p).

Please note the dark spots on the screenshots are unavoidable (something about slit and frequency and wavelength of light... don't ask... :\) and are absence in the actual screens.

Hope everyone would appreciate how detail that exceed gauge actually is (and the forest, the HQ, etc.) :D

Top Bottom