• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 is the funnest

II Regicide II

The Greatest
I just tried to go back and play 3 and 1 and they werent half as fun as 4
Probably because of the graphics and the different feel to it.(and prob the fact that i have a 360 and back to ps2 ew)
But now for a question
What are the main things that you were sure to buy when you played it
like moves, abillities, styles ect..

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I like the graphics of alot of older games. Even DMC1. (Though Trish's hair looked like a board waving in the wind.) so that never really bothers me. :] But the graphics, especially facial expressions and movements were very smooth and awesome. <3

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Some moments in old DMCs are better than DMC4. DMC4 just has awesome graphics all the time.

Examples: When we saw Mallet Island in a cut-scene.
Or, Dante vs Vergil in the DMC3 prologue.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DMC3 was a good game. But where was the feeling? it was all just arrogance and cockyness apart from like the last 5 mins. But Yeah DMC4 is up there with the best of them, an epic game indeed. :)

Enma47

The thing for me that would make DMC4 the best by far is if, after you beat the game, you could play through all the levels as either Nero or Dante, not nero on the nero levels and dante on the dante ones.

Sparda™

I think the epic feel was in DMC3. The twins fighting in the storm, with the full moon. The twins fighting in the ritual chamber, and in the end, fighting in the Demon World, in the cascades between the two worlds.

Without mentioning the full-adrenaline soundtracks...

II Regicide II

The Greatest
Dante Aseroth;68820 said:
I think the epic feel was in DMC3. The twins fighting in the storm, with the full moon. The twins fighting in the ritual chamber, and in the end, fighting in the Demon World, in the cascades between the two worlds.

Without mentioning the full-adrenaline soundtracks...

yea the story was prob a little bit better and more intense but...its really hard to try and go back and play them

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
DMC3 had better characters/storyline/quicker game-play.
DMC4 had better environments/graphics/stabler game-play.

By more stable I mean, that in DMC3 if Dante got hit, he was thrown meters away even in DT (while in all other DMCs he did not). In DMC4 he did not again, which is nice.;)

DarkHuntersInc

I felt the story of DMC3 was more engaging for me when I first played it compared to DMC4. Although I didn't follow 3's development as much as I did with 4 (the final trailer gave away alot of the plot). Hell I brought 3 on a whim, also the story was more filling, in the sense there weren't any real loose ends that needed backstory to fix (opposed to 4 with HOW Nero got the DB).

w33l33

meh...
erm... what are you talking about? graphically dmc3 was as good as youre gunna get on ps2 probably... i mean i like all dmc gamesn (even 2 to an extent) but all for different reasons: dmc1: had the good story and the challenging difficulties, dmc2 was a break from the series and allowed the gamer a slower pace an nice break if you will, dmc3: graphically lovely, good story, loved the brotherly fighting, awesome combat system, dmc4: combines the combat system of 3 with a few tweaks and takes a different approach to the story and setting although a little easy for my liking a very good game which i would play again and again and again like i did with 1 and 3.

Fate Ryku

The Dark Knight
I liked the different things in DMC3, like the style changes along with fighting styles, weapon changes and the overall attitude of Dante, as opposed to the first two Devil May Cry games. DMC4 was fun playing with the Devil Bringer, and able to swich styles in the press of a button. Dante was the funnyest in four, and Nero was a punk (fliping him off with the Devil Bringer...classic). One of the things wrong with them was in one, if you had Sparda on, the cinamatics, not just in gameplay. Aside from my fanboy feddish...DEvil May Cry is the best hack-slash game EVER.

zombie

devil may cry too old, but good; dmc 2 too bad; dmc 3 hard, but good; dmc 3 special love playing as dante's brother virgel; now devil may cry 4 too easy and hard.

SpArDaCaN =/)

"Toasty!"
Yeah the gameplay is good on DMC 4 but what about the story it so messed up!!!! I thought DMC2 had a better plot. But in any case Devil May Cry 3, 1, and 4 are overall good.

FuumaMonou

The problem I have with DMC4 is the story. IMO it is completely lacking any real substance. Obviously, the main reason for this is because there isn't much to the story. Nero appears with nothing into why he is who he is (or what he is), and you don't get anywhere into his story.

I imagine (or hope), that the next game will go deep into Nero's story. It is kind of like you will enjoy the new game more, because you will know where Nero is going. Yet, you will enjoy Devil May Cry 4 more, because it makes sense and finally has an actual point (the basics of Devil May Cry 4's story are so cliche, and you could really fit them in any story but with different characters).

Not that I am saying that Devil May Cry 4 is bad. I enjoyed it quite a bit, though I wish Nero got different weapons and there were more weapons in the game. Though, I do think it is a tad easy so far (I've beaten Human, Devil Hunter, and so far Son of Sparta (is that the next one up) seems even easier than Human, and I've gotten to like 33 on the Bloody Palace). I imagine it will get too hard though with more difficulties to go.

Oh, I do not like how much you have to replay the same stuff to get achievements and such, kind of annoying.

II Regicide II

The Greatest
yea i think one of the main reasons for me is that its next-gen
once you play on a 360 with life-like graphics its hard to go back and play on a ps2

Top Bottom