• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Dante/Nero Tricks, Hints, Shortcuts

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ye all probably know that you can completely royal guard a blitz lightning attack. However you can actually tablehopper throughout the whole attack with nero if your fast enough.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Fireworks with the shotgun in dt is a fast way to bring to drop faust and mephisto cape aswell as knockback incoming enemies.

If your good enough then dive kick j'cing while using air guard for the lightning can kill a blitz pretty fast too

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Doing a shredder will stop frost ice spikes they throw and the lizard spit attacks from hitting you if you time it properly

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Mephistos purple spear attacks can be knocked back by red queen if you time it right.

Yea, I really had fun with that one. IIRC, same or similar thing can be done with Dante's Royal Guard blocking, or is it just a block without a knockback effect of the Red Queen block?

EDIT:
Ye all probably know that you can completely royal guard a blitz lightning attack. However you can actually tablehopper throughout the whole attack with nero if your fast enough.

With myself it was the opposite, I didn't know that attack could even be blocked. That being said, I found tablehopper an ideal solution for almost all enemy attacks. Only exceptions were attacks with an area effect, such as quite a few of Sanctus' attacks, or attacks from larger bosses.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
when fighting echidna as nero , when she is at low health and dt's making herself glow gold she flies around before she plants in the ground

while flying if you jump up amd usw the devil bringer on her to buster her you can do one of her boss specific busters on her while she flys around carrying you with her

it needs precise timing though

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
when credo does the spiral swords style attack on nero surrounding him with spear heads , just devil triggering destroys all of them at once

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
credo is also open to a level 3 exceed or a maximum bet ir showdown after his 3 hit attack , tablehopper the 3 attacks and then you will have your opening

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You can air release through baels attack where he jumps at you with his mouth open to swall you, dante has invincibility frames during the release

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'd like to contribute as well.

I know many people have problems with Gladii packs. A quick and easy way to wipe them out with Dante is to get really close to them while they're rotating preparing to attack, and use the shotgun. They will die with only one shot this way. Use Trickster to avoid attacks and to get close to them quickly.

With Nero, best way is to grab one and lock on to another. Nero will throw the Gladius to the one you locked on and they will both get destroyed. Also, you can DT and grab one in DT, Nero will swing it around before throwing it, damaging and potentially destroying the Gladii (or any other enemy) close enough.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Alternatively with nero you can just dt cancel kill them all taking no damage

with dante use the gattling gun to build bar and then open pandora , it will eithere kill em all if the bar is over half or it will make em plant in the ground where one stinger will destroy em

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You can also use aerial fireworks with dante using coyote and gunslinger, it is a great way to drop or kill them in multiples

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Against chimaera assaults use charge shots from blue rose.or coyote , when you hear an audio cue like breaking glass that means the blades won't flap about , that is your opportunity to attack the assault using real impact or whatever you like.

The same method works with chimaera scarecrows

if you do not hear the glass break cue then wait a second to run in or charge shot again, otherwise the flailing vines will hit you

Top Bottom