• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4: Best Action Game Of The Year

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
What the hell do you mean exactly? Custom made? What is a dial-up combo?

NG2 more combos+Faster+Flasher

DMC4-limited combos+Slow+ Spaming a Framerate glitch(JC)

Combos aren't custom. You can't make your won attacks.
Just like NG there already there. It's how you use them.
Ng does it better.
Everyone in the DMC4 universe has the same combos.
Look up the meaning of the word custom.

Zato-OW

King
Custom meaning being able to preform from what shouldn't be preformed is what i mean(DMC3/4 combo system allows you to create your own combos to the games limitations mostly by canceled attacks). Dial combo is like dialing a phone to call the number you want only this is done for combos. Like in me pressing Y,B,A,Y,Y to preform a combo from a combo list thats on NG which is ugh because of its limitations and slow relay time. Thats a dial combo. DMC3/4 combos are custom because your using your imagination from the games limits to preform an attack where as in DMC4 it will let you preform what ever attack you want to while mixing it up with any other attack you want to with no limitation except for the enemy dying of course this is why i say its custom. Btw JC isn't a glitch. Maybe so in DMC3 but in DMC4 it was placed in the game because they seen how it was used in DMC3. But even they was lying about that because it was in DMC1 and they still used it knowing so. Also this is a custom combo because he is using his own imagination from the games limits to preform in the way he likes to as in this video here. http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=n3TrZ4_p8h8

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
From what you said, and from my experience DMC use your supposed dail-up combos.

Unless of course your controller doesn't have buttons.

No, those people used a FRAME-RATE glitch. Sorry.
Thats what it is. You pretty much disproved your entire argument by saying that it is comprised of a glitch and you being able to manipulate a jump between a frame. You can't create attacks only end their animation and start another.
In NG it is straight out skill and timing. No glitches.

You just proved yourself wrong so I'm done. I'm putting you on my ignore list and formally asking for a closing of this topic due to extreme off-topicness.

Zato-OW

King
They place enemy jump in the game for a reason and its either for dodging or attacking. Its not a glitch. Because a glitch would be something thats in the game that isn't suppose to be/wasn't intended in being in the game and its in all 3 games of DMC and the fact that glitch basicly means error it can't be a glitch if its in 3 DMC games. Of course your done because you can't find a good NG2 combo video as I said. I mean you must know I'm right if your putting me on your ignore list which i find funny that you would do that only because your losing in the debate. I mean i offered you to show me a combo video of NG2 from any website and you can't. There for i won this debate and Dial-combo is another thing you don't understand. NG gives you a long list of moves you can do kinda like a fighting game where as DMC gives you a very short list of moves with each weapon but they do so in the matter where you can mix them up by canceling your attack and following up in any matter you want to making them custom combos because your actually creating the combos from the gamed limitations with out relay. NG you can do this because like i said their combo system is like a fighting game Y,B,B,A,A,Y then you have to wait for this combo to finish before you can do another...

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Sorry, no matter how much you deny it, it's a glitch.
I already found a great video but you refuse to accept it's superiority.
I'm not losing. As a matter of fact, neither of us are.
If I got a a bunch of NG fans they'd agree with me.
Were as if you got some DMC fans they'd agree with you. We can't win, neither of us will give up.

As a matter of fact if it weren't for this glitch they'd be the same. The ultimate reason I'm about to say this is to lengthen the longevity of this thread.
Were both reasonable men, so can we just agree to disagree seeing as this will go now where?

Zato-OW

King
Either way idc. DMC4 is a dissapointment to me anyway. But your opinions are yours and mines are mine but they both are really good games, I just feel DMC is better at the combo department but i will say NG is better at the challenge/enemy department by far.Also i still say it isn't a glitch because a glitch would make it a error that isn't suppose to be in the game and here it is in DMC1/3/4 making it obvious thats its intended to be apart of the gameplay making it a tech move.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I may think NinjaGaiden combat's better and you think DevilMayCry4's is, but we enjoy them none the less. You know, you kinda made me wanna play DMC4 again.:p

See compromise is the way to go!^_^

Please, no one quote or reply to any of this. The debate is over and I'm sure Zato-Ow and myself would like to keep it that way. And, back to topic.

maSu

Bringerofchaos;114075 said:
I have proof. Browse this forum and find it.

Sorry but there is a huge difference between running through all levels and getting S-rating in every level...

....and....

...playing DMC4 first time and find everything and kill everything perfectly.

Everyone can play DMC4 the whole day to do nice things in DMC4, but i think you said something about the first time playing and doing everything perfectly and this is absolutly bull****.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
maSu;114370 said:
Sorry but there is a huge difference between running through all levels and getting S-rating in every level...

....and....

...playing DMC4 first time and find everything and kill everything perfectly.

Everyone can play DMC4 the whole day to do nice things in DMC4, but i think you said something about the first time playing and doing everything perfectly and this is absolutly bull****.
I can't understand you! If you were able to read correctly I only said I managed to remember every combo as soon as I got it, and that I S'd every mission of every difficulty. Other then that I said nothing more.

Zato-OW

King
OMG JC is not a glitch. A glitch means it is an error and isn't suppose to be in the game/isn't apart of the game like Dagon turning invisible while still being alive after you defeat him. JC has been in 3 DMC titles "purposely" making it not a glitch. Now in DMC3 I would call it a glitch because it probably wasn't intended on being used like that. But DMC4 it can't be a glitch because it return from 3 and 1 and Capcom was fully aware of it, making it apart of the game.
Glitch
–noun
1. a defect or malfunction in a machine or plan.
2. Computers. any error, malfunction, or problem. Compare

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^It is a glitch, that is how it started. Just because Capcom never took it out does not mean it isn't a glitch.

It was never supposed to be there.

Zato-OW

King
Like i said in DMC3 it was a glitch but in DMC4 it can't be a glitch because it was intended to be in the game. The definition of glitch means error which in DMC3 it was but in DMC4 is wasn't making it not a glitch. DMC4 is a totally new game. I can see if they just patched DMC3 and you still say its a glitch because then it will be. But in this case it cant be a glitch because its suppose to be in the game and wasn't a error someone ran across. Do you understand? DMC3=Glitch DMC4=tech move.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil May Cry 3 - Harder difficulty,more weapons,more challenge.

Devil May Cry 4 - Stylish moves,great graphics,less difficulty.

It is hard to choose which one is better,but it depends on your main point of view.Normally new DMC fans will like DMC 4 better than the older games,due to DMC 4 great graphics,great moves,and the new star,Nero.While older fans will like older DMC games,like DMC and DMC 3 because of the superior coolness of Dante.But this is just a theory from me,so don;t flame me with no purpose.

If I must choose,I will choose DMC 3 as the better game.So DMC 4 fans,don't flame me.

Top Bottom