• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4: Best Action Game Of The Year

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Boreing? NinjaGaiden rewards you with an unlockable after beating each difficulty. Where as DMC4 makes you wait way until you beat DMD just to get a bull**** costume.

Then you say no variety of combos?
Are-you-serious?
You have eight different weapons each with tons of combos to master.
In DMC4 I memorized all of their combos right after I got them.

I don't know what you mean by"free" but this is what I all say.
DMC4 lets you be free to run into a room and kill everyone before they can attack because of bad A.I. Go do that in NG and lets see if you live to tell the tale.
In NG you have to think, time, stay calm and be adaptive to many situations. In DMC4 it's just run in, slash, slash, devil bringer, exceed, and everyone melts in their boots and goes there so good!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

For some reason, you didn't **** me off Dante!:lol:
rep+

All of those camera issues are linked to one thing.
LACK OF SKILL!
In my time playing NG2, not once have I had a camera problem.
You know what cause this supposed camera issue?
They're gettin' their ass handed to them all around the area causeing the camera to have to track them.
And I know this true because I've done it and others.
And this only happened once and not even in NG2! It was in NGblack on Masterninja A.K.A the don't **** with me diff.

It was the Alma fight.

They're losing so bad they try to blame it on the first thing they see.

someone coming in front of the TV or anything else.

NG2 is no-where near NGblack, but I'll tell you somethin' else.

I'm about to say it.

The only game that is as good as NGblack is RE4.
Everything else can't.
Including DMC3.

NG2 was underscored due to them getting ****ty players.

I see there is no end to this Faggottry.

Thus, I exit.

Thanks for all the... Well thanks for all the fail.

This is not the place for this, Goodday.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Once I S'd every mission of every difficulty I felt accomplished and stoped playing.
Then I got Assassin's creed and it failed me.
After that I went back to NGII.

Sparda™

Bringerofchaos;113598 said:
Once I S'd every mission of every difficulty I felt accomplished and stoped playing.

Still DMC4 is very high on ratings and reviews than Ninja Gaiden...:p...Let alone DMC3, which kills NG...:lol:

Zato-OW

King
DMC series is more of a stylish series while NG is just based on thinking on how you can kill your opponent. DMC4 is the funner game because of its off the wall freedom in combos were you can preform any move you want at any time without relay. NG moves are more like inputs you put into a fighting game like street fighter or something. This how its more free. DMC series even though some may have been pretty hard it wasn't based on difficulty it was based on how stylish you can beat down your enemy and compairing them to others videos. Just go look up a combo video for NG2 and go to DMC4 you will see what I'm talking about because DMC4 its basicly non ending combos. Like i said in NG the combat gets very boring because its the same old sh*t over and over even though it is a fun game. BTW I'm not talking about Nero's gameplay I'm talking about Dante's(the real star of DMC4) Nero's gameplay is more laid back for new comers while Dante's is for the vets. DMC3 combo system>>>>>> any other beat em up action game that was ever made. NG series=Action game, DMC series=Stylish action game.

maSu

Bringerofchaos;113598 said:

You found all items all secret orbs, finished all secret missions @first try with s-rating... HAHAH

you are funny...

And maybe, you are just a bit to godlike for this world - forgive me, im just human...

(btw: i hate theese "i made all perfekt @first try"-guys... cause they are not able to say the truth!)

To get a S-reating you must be very fast while searching secrets :$ :p o_O

(im playing the pc-version)

some friends got same ratings like me in DMC4 - most A some S and very little less than A but hey, sorry again, just human ;)

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
maSu;114015 said:
You found all items all secret orbs, finished all secret missions @first try with s-rating... HAHAH

you are funny...

And maybe, you are just a bit to godlike for this world - forgive me, im just human...

(btw: i hate theese "i made all perfekt @first try"-guys... cause they are not able to say the truth!)

To get a S-reating you must be very fast while searching secrets :$ :p o_O

(im playing the pc-version)

some friends got same ratings like me in DMC4 - most A some S and very little less than A but hey, sorry again, just human ;)
I only understood 2% of what you said.:lol:
I have proof. Browse this forum and find it.

Dante Aseroth;113733 said:
Still DMC4 is very high on ratings and reviews than Ninja Gaiden...:p...Let alone DMC3, which kills NG...:lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

Zato-OW;113923 said:
DMC series is more of a stylish series while NG is just based on thinking on how you can kill your opponent. DMC4 is the funner game because of its off the wall freedom in combos were you can preform any move you want at any time without relay. NG moves are more like inputs you put into a fighting game like street fighter or something. This how its more free. DMC series even though some may have been pretty hard it wasn't based on difficulty it was based on how stylish you can beat down your enemy and compairing them to others videos. Just go look up a combo video for NG2 and go to DMC4 you will see what I'm talking about because DMC4 its basicly non ending combos. Like i said in NG the combat gets very boring because its the same old sh*t over and over even though it is a fun game. BTW I'm not talking about Nero's gameplay I'm talking about Dante's(the real star of DMC4) Nero's gameplay is more laid back for new comers while Dante's is for the vets. DMC3 combo system>>>>>> any other beat em up action game that was ever made. NG series=Action game, DMC series=Stylish action game.
Thats why the combat system has no deepness. Enemys in DMC4 are god-awfully stupid, and just because you can destroy them super fast doesn't make it better.

Thinking how you can kill them?
Isn't that the point of fighting my friend?
In DMC4, I will say it only once more, the combat system is not as good as NG2!
Go complete NG and play with all the weapons and how all of the combos can be seemlessly linked.
Then the fact that you say it's the same old **** is really stupid.
First of in NG2 you get all new weapons. In DMC4 you get rip-offs all of the previous DMC weapons.
Lucifer included.

I've played both and I've ABSORBED EVERY LITTLE DETAIL!
And NG2's combat is deeper. More combo's+better looking combos+more weapons+++++++ACTUAL DIFFICULTY!!!!!
You have to look good and play good!

NinjaGaidenII= Hardcore action game
DevilMayCry= Stylish action game

Dante94513

I wasn't into NG2 much either but it was still great. For it being hard, it's not really a problem, its that the gameplay is more dialing than freedom, plus, you can't really plan how to beat a enemy with your strategy moves, instead you try to survived. I didn't find NG2 a better action, nor a better game. Still, it's great, but a harder gameplay doesn't really mean better. Like Kingdom Hearts.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
The reason why you say this because you didn't strategize or plan.

:lol:Yeah, now go look up NinjaGaiden Sigma and NinjaGaiden black.:lol:

Sparda™

Bringerofchaos;114116 said:
The reason why you say this because you didn't strategize or plan.

:lol:Yeah, now go look up NinjaGaiden Sigma and NinjaGaiden black.:lol:

Same old ratings...:p

Zato-OW

King
The enemies not attacking has nothing to do with combo deepness. Comboing in DMC can be pulled off on anything at anytime Its about how many times you can keep chained attacks going while looking cool and thats what DMC does perfectly and NG doesn't. This is why i say DMC has more freedom then NG because there are barely any limitations when it comes to its combat. Like i said you cant compair a DMC combo video with a NG combo video because NG will lose for sure.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Zato-OW;114170 said:
The enemies not attacking has nothing to do with combo deepness. Comboing in DMC can be pulled off on anything at anytime Its about how many times you can keep chained attacks going while looking cool and thats what DMC does perfectly and NG doesn't. This is why i say DMC has more freedom then NG because there are barely any limitations when it comes to its combat. Like i said you cant compair a DMC combo video with a NG combo video because NG will lose for sure.
The reason why you can chain them is becasuse the enemies are stupid and let you. I've seen them and I think NG looks better because they have to ACTUALY fight and combo well.

Dante Aseroth;114135 said:
Same old ratings...:p
Same old ratings that are still higher...:p

Zato-OW

King
When are you going to understand that a combo video is built on chained attacks. This has nothing to do with the enemy. DMC is a combo based game for people to have fun with. This is why DMC combo system is better because you can actually keep combos going once again this has nothing to do with the enemy. Thats just like me playing Tekken and being able to break out of any chained attack while in mid air, if that was possible then what would be the point of them doing a combo when they know i will just break out of it. DMC is a "STYLISH ACTION GAME" because of its highly rated combo system which makes it very flashy and fun over and over because it never gets old with custom combos. NG is the same old sh*t, dial combo block...block...dodge... jump...dial combo...ect...ect and it gets old because you can create a masterpiece with the type of combo system in that game. Now i will admit it is a fun game but I think DMC is funner because of the custom combos. I men\an if i was playing it for difficulty then i will play Hell and Hell or Must Die. But like most people they play it because how nice it looks to pull of a Godly combo and use creativity in doing so because the system lets you. Now you can see i said the same thing over and over in this post. Don't make me repeat myself.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Zato-OW;114212 said:
When are you going to understand that a combo video is built on chained attacks. This has nothing to do with the enemy. DMC is a combo based game for people to have fun with. This is why DMC combo system is better because you can actually keep combos going once again this has nothing to do with the enemy. Thats just like me playing Tekken and being able to break out of any chained attack while in mid air, if that was possible then what would be the point of them doing a combo when they know i will just break out of it. DMC is a "STYLISH ACTION GAME" because of its highly rated combo system which makes it very flashy and fun over and over because it never gets old with custom combos. NG is the same old sh*t, dial combo block...block...dodge... jump...dial combo...ect...ect and it gets old because you can create a masterpiece with the type of combo system in that game. Now i will admit it is a fun game but I think DMC is funner because of the custom combos. I men\an if i was playing it for difficulty then i will play Hell and Hell or Must Die. But like most people they play it because how nice it looks to pull of a Godly combo and use creativity in doing so because the system lets you. Now you can see i said the same thing over and over in this post. Don't make me repeat myself.
What don't you get that you can chain combos in NG?

THE REASON WHY YOU CAN ENLESSLY CHAIN THEM IS BECAUSE STUPID ENEMIES LET YOU DO IT!

It's just stinger, arieal slashes, killer bee, helm breaker, Dance macabre, rense repeat. The combos are to scripted and robotic in DMC4.

Custom combos? You have so many attacks for one weapon learning them all and knowing when to break into combos and also when to attack multiple enemys at the same time. You might flying swallow, shurikens, wind path, down slash, 360 slashes, regular combo, and a finisher like izunz drop.

These combos can be linked between multiple enemies, plus walls, and some attacks are universal. Those combos belong to the Dragon sword and they only scratch the surface of the weapon.

Ninjagaiden's system has real beauty. Now go replay NG2 and use it. DMC4's DMD is egualvilate to little over Normal mode on NG2.
Man-up.
Don't make me repeat myself.

Zato-OW

King
If DMC4 was ment to be a very very hard game then they could've easly done so but they wanted to focus more on style as DMC3 while making it playable for all the new comers on 360(and ps3 i guess).Ok find the best NG2 combo video and put it against any decent DMC4 combo video since you say its that much better. NG is nothing against DMC4 in the combo department. A combo video is based on combos not how good the enemy is. If you want to compair good enemies then do so but not when mentioning the combo system because in the end its all about chaining which DMC is the best at in this genre. Please show me a combo video that is better then either one of these 2 "decent" combo videos. Not gonna repeat myself.I don't even want to get start on DMC3 combo system which is just insane. I mean i have been looking for good NG2 combo videos on youtube and haven't found any remotely decent after 2 months.Btw i wish i could get back into NG2 but i cant because DMC4 has what I'm looking for.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=19Zh8in7doM
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhCNYJZdrI

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Zato-OW;114224 said:
If DMC4 was ment to be a very very hard game then they could've easly done so but they wanted to focus more on style as DMC3 while making it playable for all the new comers on 360(and ps3 i guess).Ok find the best NG2 combo video and put it against any decent DMC4 combo video since you say its that much better. NG is nothing against DMC4 in the combo department. A combo video is based on combos not how good the enemy is. If you want to compair good enemies then do so but not when mentioning the combo system because in the end its all about chaining which DMC is the best at in this genre. Please show me a combo video that is better then either one of these 2 "decent" combo videos. Not gonna repeat myself.I don't even want to get start on DMC3 combo system which is just insane. I mean i have been looking for good NG2 combo videos on youtube and haven't found any remotely decent after 2 months.Btw i wish i could get back into NG2 but i cant because DMC4 has what I'm looking for.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=19Zh8in7doM
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=xrhCNYJZdrI
I mention combos and enemies. You have to combo and focus on them, unlike DMC4.
Not impressed. All they did was spam jump-cancel 50% of the video.
AND.

It's edits make it like swiss cheese. NinjaGaiden is better not only here but overall. Also, notice how as Dante he only fought scare crows, but took on the tougher enemies with Nero because he could use the devil bringer.
The combo system is a mix-up and repeat of each combe with slight variations going back to back.
All I have to do is post the combo lists and you'll wet you pants.

I can't get you any NG2 combo videos because I'm waiting for them from this guy... But heres a sample. NGS had half the NG2 combos.

WAIT, HE DOES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJFQI45U7wc&feature=related

more comin'

It os really amazing how they're barely useing any of the combos and they still look that good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-GUG_rZ1kU

CLICK THE HIGH QUALITY BUTTON!
His quality was ****.
^Not really a combo vid but badass none the less.

Zato-OW

King
lol just lol... you still miss the meaning of combo video. The simple fact that DMC combos are custom made and not some dial combo makes the system better then NG's. I mean you have to input actions like a fighting game for them to preform a decent combo but with DMC is almost anything goes. Perfect JC is part of DMC combos because its abit difficult to preform then jump back into an on going attack without ruining the combo. Trust me your not gonna find a NG2 combo video thats better i mean you can try but you will be wasting your time. How do i know? Because like i said ive been searching for 2 months because i wanted to get back into the game and needed some insights from other gamers. I mean this is the best one i found http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=LT8KNIsKpws&feature=related and its still nothing but just a dial combos put together. I mean just look at the freedom in this video http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ERfUQ05KI this what makes DMC4's gameplay so good.

Top Bottom