• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc3 Best line?

cheesydonutman

So I was playing Dmc3 (I do that a lot) and I saw the "Jackpot" cut scene. Then whilst thinking about how awesome that cut scene is I asked myself "Is it the best line from Dmc3?" I thought for a while and decided that yes it was. But then I thought of making a forum of it. SO what is the best line from Dmc3? GO!

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
One line I can relate to is this:

"it doesn't matter to me one way or the other."

Said by Dante to Vergil as a response from what he said about the Perfect Amulet being origially a gift to humans which is also a response from Dante saying that it opens the door to the demon world.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
There were quite a few lines that stood out for me, whether they be the funny ones like, "This is my kind of rain...no wonder the sky looks so funny today", or the more serious ones, such as the final showdown between Dante and Vergil (the cutscene titled "Soul Screamer"), or the dialogue between him and Lady in the library, after he defeated her.

"But because of you, I know what's important, now."

I pretty much loved it all.

Last edited:

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
"That's just a piece of crap. Here's three more. Crap like that doesn't interest me... but, your swan song will."

In all seriousness - Dante+Vergil "jackpot" =
Y8fusji.jpg

"Foolishness, Dante. Foolishness. Might controls everything, and without strength, you can't protect anything; let alone yourself".
That was the best line for me as it landed on the logical side of things. To some, myself included, it shows that Vergil does what he does out of fear. I, personally, think it alludes to Vergil not being able to do anything when Eva died. That feeling of helplessness makes sense to me as a drive for his deeds.

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
"How about a kiss from THIS," "My apologies brother, I was so happy to see you that I couldn't make preparations for the bash," "And we're supposed to be twins." Granted, taking all these out of context, I generally loved any and all Dante and Vergil exchanges. That sibling rivalry. <3

Top Bottom