• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What do YOU want? And how would you have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Ok, guys, I loved your input, keep them coming!:D

@berto Don't forget. I'm sure everyone here is dying to see that picture and get entangled in those guys' hairs while being soaked (by the rain);)

Now, let's see to mine:

To be completely honest, I never liked online gaming. Why? Because it requires having an Internet connection. I know that's pretty much standard nowadays, but I prefer being able to play the game I bought wherever and whenever I want. A tv/your console are easier to follow you, than the Internet, which has failed me many times in the past. Maybe that is just me, but I stand firm by my decision. Another reason is that when we play online, the game becomes more of an RPG. We can't all use Dante or Vergil, so it would have to be our Devil Hunters. Which means that the story, would become some sort of background thing, as our characters would not be special people (not Dante) but just some guys. Sorry to say but I never was a fan of World of Warcraft (no offense to the fans of course) and I'm not planning to become any time soon. In my old house, the Wireless Connection was so bad, that my PS3 never managed to go online for more than a few seconds. Therefore, bye online, I won't miss youXD

Devil Arms
Ok, I'm really excited for this now. Swords/Axes/Chains/Scythes and what else? To be honest, I'm a huge Sword fan, and would have liked if there were some different swords with their own moves and not just the typical great-sword-that-smashes-anything. I liked Vergil's sword moves in DMC3SE but it had like, 5 moves? I was disappointed. In Onimusha 3, you had like 5 different sword techniques, nothing extreme, but it added to the feeling of creativity. Each had its own uses and pluses. Of course double-sword fighting, my personal favorite would be welcome too. I did not like Agni&Rudra as much as I liked Rebellion/Beowulf/Cerberus and for me that's saying something. Maybe it's difficult to make, I don't know. Other than that, I'd like for Dante to have about 3 of them new weapons. With 3 shapes each. Normal/Angelic/Demonic - much like most of you here said. I like how the main weapon completely transforms into something completely new, but I would have liked it as well, if the next Devil Arms instead of being transformed into something else, would be enhanced/changed into altered versions of their selves with new moves etc.

Devil Trigger
In each game, Dante has multiple DT forms according to certain stuff. What I'd really like is a combination to everything that we've seen up until now.

From DMC1: I liked how each Devil Arm gave Dante the appearance of a living embodiment of its core element. You were lighting with Alastor and fire with Ifrit. In DMC2 you had to use amulets for that, which I found peculiar. In DMC3, Dante's appearance in DT changed slightly to make him look more adapted with the Devil Arm's fighting style, which was good but not enough. And in DMC4, nothing changed.

From DMC2: Stuff like wings etc ALL the time. It ticked me off that Dante in the other games had to use a certain Devil Arm to stay airborn for like a few seconds.

From DMC3: Bring back the DT Explosion. It rules!

From DMC4: Make each attack way more powerful than it was without the DT. Example: Stinger<3

And in general, I would like the DT to be some sort of ace. Make it difficult to refill, but make it last and actually mean something!

Characters
Yes. Bring them back. But not just them, create new too. I want Lady, I want Vergil and I want new characters as well. Make girl characters important to the story. Make villains more human-like. No more I want only power/I want to conquer the world/etc. Create something new. Make a story!

I have a mind for Places etc but I need to sort it out first. More latersXD

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
if i say anything more.....someone will flame me.

but may i suggest fighting against smooching angels that will rape dante (think of eight nevans hovering around at one time) or a boss/semi-boss that regenerates when they get cut up into pieces. these ideas were probably used before.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
going on what Tony-red grave's said, here some more more thoughts.

On DT- I rather it actually look more demonic and like an actual creature rather than some scifi/mechanical bug we got in 3.
I wonder if he should have two triggers one angel and one devil.

On DA- I thinking anything that is a weapon or at least a proper one has a chance of being in a devil arm.

On characters- I don't mind new characters just as long they fulfill a role that can't be done by the ones we already have. On making female characters important, a way to do that would be to give one of them there own playthrough that you can play in addition to dante's. The only catch would be finding someone who has a radically different play style to do since you wanna make her stand out. In the old series, I would give lady her own play through since she fights radically different than dante where I wouldn't give trash as she is too similar to Dante to really stand out.

I want a great game as a repay for leaving us without any details on the story which caused so many hatred, rage and mindless debates on this forum.
Damn it's hard to keep track on those long posts by Asmodaius and CoolDemon. :oops:
Oh and I would like NT to stop changing Dante's design already, and I wouldn't like to see this becoming another commercialized game with cliche love story like DMC4, with all due respect for DMC4 "fans"(or how should I call them after that fan discussion).

boo

Bacon slut
I doubt that it will turn into a love story. Heavenly Sword had no romance and Monkey was more of a big brother in Enslaved.

berto

I Saw the Devil
DMC1 and 4 had romance but only 4 would qualify as 'romance,' and I rather they keep them action oriented, I don't mind romance as long as it's not the theme of the story.

boo

Bacon slut
On topic, I can't really think of much but one thing that I really want is for Dante to get the crap knocked out of him in a cutscene. I don't mean this in a "this guy sucks, I hope he dies" kind of way but rather I want to be both creeped out and amazed again by Dante's healing ability, like I was when he got stabbed with the Alastor in the original. I want something along the lines of getting crushed by a building than emerging from the wreckage; ribs exposed, jaw dislocated, arms mangled, and shrapnel sticking out from every section of his body. Then he gets up; relocates his jaw, snaps his arms back into place, and the shrapnel falls out of his body as his wounds heal on there own. Kind of disgusting, yeah, but I hope NT manages to fit something like this in the game without ruining our suspension of belief.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Splitscreen is multiplayer offline for ModernWarfare.

Splitscreen = Two friends playing against eachother.

You're missing my point. Have you ever played DMC3 BP with Doppelganger? That's not splitscreen. That's f*ckin' ANNOYING if you're the shadow, because you never get to see what you're doing. Splitting the screen would solve that so that both players get a health bar and screen.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
You're missing my point. Have you ever played DMC3 BP with Doppelganger? That's not splitscreen. That's f*ckin' ANNOYING if you're the shadow, because you never get to see what you're doing. Splitting the screen would solve that so that both players get a health bar and screen.

i used to always hate that my lil sis always got lost so i spent ten minutes tryin to find her.......turns out she jumped to the bottom of the level

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
i used to always hate that my lil sis always got lost so i spent ten minutes tryin to find her.......turns out she jumped to the bottom of the level

It doesn't help when you completely lose the shadow and end up having to recall it and reform it again.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not against romance, i'm just against uninspired romance that dmc4 was, plus i want to see dante have a myriad of relationship with people some cordial, some antagonistic etc etc.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I don't know of it's too late to post here :oops: but ahhh....here are my ideas if anyone's interested/reading. (I'm new btw)
Ahem...
Devil Arms: Ok...first of all we know the scythe, axe, and sword are back. But what we need is something like Lucifer from DMC 4. I always felt like a badass when I finished some insanely long combo and blew up a few of the foes behind me with those magical swords. I want to see a gauntlets again (but with the Beowulf styled combo system...I hated Gilgamesh because it felt too limited without swordmaster).
Oh, and in the shop (if they bring it back) I want to see weapons for purchase, too. They could be similar to their Devil Arm counterparts, but have effects that could prove useful in battles.

Characters: All's I want is Sparda, a Trish-like character, maaaayyybe Vergil (never really cared all that much for him because I didn't feel like he was fleshed out enough...but he sure was a joy to play with). New characters should be both angelic and demonic, with one or two human mediums. Maybe an angel general and a demonic overlord.

Guns: For guns, maybe something like Artemis from DMC It'd be cool (since we have the half-angel thing now) to call rays of light from heaven and make fire erupt from the ground for the hell side. Of course, that'll need a cooldown meter, which I'm all for. Better than reloading. An explosion-type weapon would be pretty useful too.
And I want to see guns in the shops too!

Bosses: Bring back the humanoid bosses! Fighting Vergil in DMC 3 the first time was harder than fighting a giant boss like Arkham's demon form in my opinion (maybe I just got better by the end). I hated the Dante battle in DMC 4, though. I understand he's super powerful and everything, but I thought he was just too fast to get a combo on (so my style points failed). So humanoid bosses have to be reasonably powerful.
For giant bosses I want to see something like the Leviathan where you have to kill it from the inside, but to a greater extent (see: the episode of Spongebob with Mermaid Man's belt). I remember my favorite boss from DMC 4 was either Echidna or Bael. Those were big, but they were a blast to mess around with.
I think it'd be funny if they threw in Medusa (demonic) or Poseidon (angelic) into the fray so we could bring back the old Devil May Cry vs God of War thing. :D

Lesser Devils: The Lesser Demons have to be intelligent and powerful. Devil May Cry 3's battle AI was super intelligent in my opinion. Teleporting to get away from you, just to creep up behind you and slash you in the back or ganging up around you until you're claustrophobic. I want a part in the game like the War of 1000 Heartless in Kingdom Hearts or the elevator part in DMC 3 and 2.
Maybe some mini-bosses too to shake things up. Actual ideas for the demons...ehhh I always wanted to see giant crows swoop down at you or demons of rotting flesh crawling and waiting to explode into piles of molten goop. They have to be frightening, too (like DMC 2's enemy design).
I also think it'd be awesome if they put level-specific enemies (sorta like mini-bosses I guess).

Places: Cathedrals, Castle Keeps, Asylums, Elevator Shafts, Dungeons, and of course that badass city.
I wonder if they'd make it open world :eek: Anybody else think it'd be really really cool if they had a hub world in the game and you can get missions from people walking around?
For example: Some guy's complaining about voices in his head that are telling him to kill his relatives. Dante decides that there's a demonic presence, goes to the dude's house, and BOOM! There's a brand new mini-boss type enemy for you to fight (think the mark-system from FF XII).

Items: I don't know about anyone else, but the orb system in the series was great, if a bit outdated. The amulet system in Devil May Cry 2 (never got to play it :oops: but it looks cool) sounds really interesting and it'd be cool if they implemented that further. It'd also be cool if you could actually customize Dante with clothes and accessories. If this is a modern-day Devil May Cry games, why don't they put human shops? Me, I'd duke Dante out with headphones and some punkish clothing:cool:. I think it would make the player more familiarized with their character.
Some special items that could be traded at these shops could be used for quests or to create more powerful items (like the blacksmith shops in Monster Hunter).
I'd also like to see keys that could open up doors in past levels (or in our hub world) that lead to some challenges or side-stories.

Key Items: SEVEN DRAGON BALLS! Or something like that. Well, why not? Throw in something with ultimate power that everyone's fighting for. Make a jar with Eva's soul in it so Dante has some motivation.

General Stuff: I want an option for the people who can't keep a SSS style (like me) to switch back to the old style meter instead of having to suffer listening to the same beats over and over because they can't seem to keep away from the boss's simplest attack (me and Berial right there :mad:).
A boss attack and time attack mode would be cool along with a Bloody Palace (without that damn timer, please). I was playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood recently and that virtual training thing was freaking awesome (loved the visual style, too). Now why can't Devil May Cry have that? Put in limitations like "Don't get hit once" or "Keep the style meter above X".
If they don't bring that clothing customization thing in (which I'm sure they won't :oops:), they better put in loads of costumes that will make you want to go back for more and more.
And last, but not least, the higher modes. Hard mode, Very Hard Mode, Dante Must Die, and Hell and Hell :DAnd put in an option to turn off the new game+ thing that was going on. I think it'd be even harder if you're starting the game with your default weapons and working your way back up in let's say Dante Must Die mode. So if they can, two versions of each mode (for example: New Game+ and Hard Mode vs New Game and Hard Mode).

Vezild

I want a great game as a repay for leaving us without any details on the story which caused so many hatred, rage and mindless debates on this forum.
Damn it's hard to keep track on those long posts by Asmodaius and CoolDemon. :oops:
Oh and I would like NT to stop changing Dante's design already, and I wouldn't like to see this becoming another commercialized game with cliche love story like DMC4, with all due respect for DMC4 "fans"(or how should I call them after that fan discussion).
Asmo and CoolDemon's arguments were so hard to follow. And pointless (no offence to you guys, but seriously!).
And the love story in DMC 4 was so stupid (of course, it's my opinion guys, and yours are yours so if you liked the love story, fine by me). Nero yelling "Kyrie!" about fifty times never made me feel for him as much. I guess it's because it was very bare-bones to me. Kyrie was nothing more than a damsel-in-distress to me (much different than Lady and Trish) and they never explained her character more than she's really caring (very stereotypical) and she loved Nero. So if they bring back the love-story thing in DmC, I wouldn't want it to be the focus and I want it to be more dynamic.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Yeah.These two Guys: Cooldemon and Asmo sometimes are trolls on rage rush. For my troughts I think that DMC4 is still undeweloped: Im still dumbfounded about Nero background and origin, and For me that lovestory never maked emotional, i seen better in some games.

Vezild

Well I don't know about trolls. They both have very good points, but since their positions are opposite (CoolDemon against DmC while Asmo's for it), they clash a lot of times. I remember CoolDemon did seem like a troll at first, though xD But now he's being very reasonable with his opinions.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Sometimes I type under pressure. Sorry If i maked someone not feel good from my last post on this tread. Just moody. Sorry also for offtop.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I'll let you know guys if you discuss with me in a nice tone, you will see that i will show you the same respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom