• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC VS DmC - Being a fan... (Long top post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

>IMO<, Lucia's DT looks more like a CT XD (Chicken Trigger)
I believe the term is harpy which fits Trish more.
I like think it makes her look angelic.

Hehe, yeah, I've seen many jokes about Lucia's DT looking like a chicken, and I do see what people mean with that, however, to me she just have overall bird features and white feathers to appear more angelic as a contrast to Dante's more demonic DT.

I too have always conisidered her DT as a more harpy/siren like look. In fact, there's a demonic beast called an Erinyes which is somewhat like a Succubus, but looks like an angelic bird to lure in the prey. They are vengeful creatures, again something that fits Lucia who wants revenge on Arius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erinyes

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Nice speculation
That's a good find.
Maybe that's the race of vie de marli.

The Vie De Marli were supposedly normal humans. Lucia was an exception as she was created by Arius;)

Nevertheless, I agree with Asmo, Lucia's DT was probably more angelic whereas Dante's was (obviously) more demonic. Weirdly enough, Dante's wings were angelic as well though, stained black maybe, but featherly, like the wings of angels. Funny how they only made fun of Lucia's resembling a chickenXD

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought they were a race of half breeds, but I guess arius had to get a demonic sample from somewhere so maybe he experimented on a Erinyes, so maybe Lucia and the secretay are Erinyes.

Dante's did look like a giant cockroach.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Lucia wasn't human but Matier was and she and her clan were decendents of devils.

Asmodaius

*clears throat*

Vie de Marli was known for having several supporters to Sparda when he fought back the demons. Matier, Lucia's 'mother', is a descendant of one of them. Many years ago, demonic activity on Dumary Island, home of the Vie de Marli clan, began to heighten once more, and in the midst of the chaos, Matier found a girl... Lucia... who had demonic blood in her and was able to switch between a human and a devil form. Matier took Lucia in and trained her to become a warrior, to fight the demons that slowly began to take over their home.

The man who was behind the demon activity was Arius, a business man who was in search of more power. He had build some towering office buildings which were in fact making a gateway to the demonic realm. He started a project of making clones, using demon DNA together with human DNA, to create some supersoldiers. These supersoldiers are known as the Secretaries, beautiful women who acts as bodyguards for Arius. However, one of the clones were "broken" and was then thrown out as trash. That clone is Lucia who was later found and taken in by Matier.

However, the demon activity became more than Matier and Lucia could handle, so Matier summoned help from the son of her ancestors' ally - Dante, son of Sparda.

And that's where DMC2 starts.
You can read Tony's review about DMC2 here:
http://forums.devilmaycry.org/threads/devil-may-cry-2-plot.3682/

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
That was such an interesting read, I think I'll play as lucia before my nights over.

Ontopic
And that is why Im a fan

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Lucia's DT's and all the information you provided and other's that made dmc a little more interesting

heatlancer

1# Trickster
wtf? TS liked the story of dmc4 but not the gameplay? dmc4 sucked in just about every aspect "except" for the gameplay, the gameplay was tight
i can't see how anyone couldn't like the gameplay as a dmc fan, but w/e, different strokes

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
fan of old. sorry i'll even buy and play the new one when it comes out.
but i still pick old franchise.
dmc is one of those few games that makes the heart pound and play all day and night and not want to miss every little detail.
i became so interested in the story that i was kind of bummed out when news of reboot happened.
old dmc can still have potential if the developers know how to milk out the last drops.....but no.
i have to go through another new story of dmc that will have elements from the old.
yall may have butt hurt and say "move on....DmC is gonna be the best...shut up about old franchise."
but don't forget that it is old franchise that started it.

Asmodaius

fan of old. sorry i'll even buy and play the new one when it comes out.
but i still pick old franchise.
dmc is one of those few games that makes the heart pound and play all day and night and not want to miss every little detail.
i became so interested in the story that i was kind of bummed out when news of reboot happened.
old dmc can still have potential if the developers know how to milk out the last drops.....but no.
i have to go through another new story of dmc that will have elements from the old.
yall may have butt hurt and say "move on....DmC is gonna be the best...shut up about old franchise."
but don't forget that it is old franchise that started it.

What is it about you and butt hurt? You sure like to throw that phrase around, don't you? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom