• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Vergil's Downfall PC Achievements

Slacri

The references to the old game would've been amusing if the character wasn't trashed so hard.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Vergil Must Die?

VERGIL MUST DIE???

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

I NEED MORE POWER
I believe this image illustrates your feelings and frustration?
1337500130291.png

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Sweet, so it looks like there is two bosses in Vergil's DLC. And oh snap I think we might see Nelo Angelo make a cameo in this game. Such feels!

Slacri

And Vergil wasn't "trashed." :/
I feel he was, he used to be an honor bound guy who didn't even use guns because he thought they were too dishonorable, and was a better fighter than even Dante.

Now he's kind of a damsel in distress who shoots pregnant demons in the back with rifles. Even if you like him, he's completely different from Vergil.

Kind of disappointed actually, Vergil in this looks like he might play better than Dante but he's only available in what appears to be a short campaign with no bloody palace for him.

TyIquan_DmC

Where do people get this "honor" thing from? Because he didn't show it. He killed a blind demon before he even knew what was going on. He stole an amulet from his weaker brother. He expected a man to kill his own daughter, and unexpectedly killed him when he was of no use. Vergil was never really about honor, despite Dante saying so in DMC1(for seemingly no reason, I might add). You really think the old Vergil would have hesitated to kill Lilith just because she was pregnant with Mundus' child? I heartily laugh if so.

He used a gun in DMC3 to get rid of a demon. He didn't have to. He could have let it fly right by him, or knocked it back to Dante. He used a shotgun in the novel. He willingly used those. Just because he didn't cry while using here it doesn't mean he doesn't still prefer not to use them. In fact, seeing as they aren't a part of his fighting style, I'd say he still isn't a big fan of them. I'd understand if you were fighting him and he pulled out an AK.

I don't know where the damsel in distress bit came from. The Mundus fight? Eh. I guess.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I feel he was, he used to be an honor bound guy who didn't even use guns because he thought they were too dishonorable, and was a better fighter than even Dante.

Now he's kind of a damsel in distress who shoots pregnant demons in the back with rifles. Even if you like him, he's completely different from Vergil.

Kind of disappointed actually, Vergil in this looks like he might play better than Dante but he's only available in what appears to be a short campaign with no bloody palace for him.
Honor bound warriors dont mercilessly chop people's heads off for no good reason.

Slacri

Where do people get this "honor" thing from? Because he didn't show it. He killed a blind demon before he even knew what was going on. He stole an amulet from his weaker brother.
Dante wasn't that much weaker as evidenced later. He fought him in a fair fight and then took it once he won. He didn't tell Dante everything was fine and then stab him when his back was turned. killed a blind demon that stormed through a stone walls and attacked him. That's not the same thing at all and one hit from it could've completely knocked him down.
He expected a man to kill his own daughter, and unexpectedly killed him when he was of no use. Vergil was never really about honor, despite Dante saying so in DMC1(for seemingly no reason, I might add)
The reason was that Nelo Angelo clearly wanted a fair fight, he had a huge chance to attack Dante from behind and didn't. He thought Arkham was emotionless as he was selling himself. Not killing someone who's trying to kill Vergil and upset his plans is a clear flaw. Especially when Vergil was willing to fight his own brother.
. You really think the old Vergil would have hesitated to kill Lilith just because she was pregnant with Mundus' child? I heartily laugh if so.
No, if he wanted to he would've just done it when he fought her. He wouldn't do it with a rifle a mile away after tricking her.

He used a gun in DMC3 to get rid of a demon. He didn't have to. He could have let it fly right by him, or knocked it back to Dante.
As an exception, followed with the words "I'll try it your way for once" That's why it was cool. Batman used a gun to kill Darkseid, that doesn't mean Batman uses guns
.He used a shotgun in the novel. He willingly used those. Just because he didn't cry while using here it doesn't mean he doesn't still prefer not to use them. In fact, seeing as they aren't a part of his fighting style, I'd say he still isn't a big fan of them. I'd understand if you were fighting him and he pulled out an AK.
The novels that aren't canon?

I don't know where the damsel in distress bit came from. The Mundus fight? Eh. I guess.
You have to save him from the demons that you casually tear apart through out the entire game when Mundus' guys invade the compound. Then he doesn't even help you. He's clearly in danger there and backing away until Dante comes and saves him. Yes and the Mundus fight, it's pretty funny because in comparison Vergil actually helped you fight with the fight in DMC3.

Then after getting his ass kicked by Dante to be saved by Kat he runs away while claiming he loved Dante like a brother despite just trying to kill him. DMC3 Vergil was too proud to even take Dante's hand when he was falling into Hell.
Honor bound warriors dont mercilessly chop people's heads off for no good reason.
I guess all the art and history depicting old samurai's doing just that is all my imagination. You're confusing honor and a code with being a moral guy.

Railazel

Where do people get this "honor" thing from? Because he didn't show it. He killed a blind demon before he even knew what was going on. He stole an amulet from his weaker brother. He expected a man to kill his own daughter, and unexpectedly killed him when he was of no use. Vergil was never really about honor, despite Dante saying so in DMC1(for seemingly no reason, I might add). You really think the old Vergil would have hesitated to kill Lilith just because she was pregnant with Mundus' child? I heartily laugh if so.

Actually, the "honor" thing was the entire basis of his character. In DMC 1, he always fought Dante face- to- face with no tricks, ambushes, etc. In fact, he was so honorable that he waited specifically for Dante in his last fight, that's why Dante said that he was a man with "guts and honor." Heck, it said in his character description that he always fought his opponents fairly and squarely.

So what happened in DMC 3? Capcom happened. Capcom decided to reboot both Dante and Vergil's character in DMC 3, so that Dante was wild and cocky while Vergil was cold and calculating. Thus, they took away Vergil's honor- bound persona in DMC 1 to form a dark, cruel, and merciless youth in DMC 3. The only thing that was honorable about him was his stance on guns but why would you need guns when you have space- warping, super high- speed sword strikes and magically- summoned swords?

TyIquan_DmC

Dante wasn't that much weaker as evidenced later. He fought him in a fair fight and then took it once he won. He didn't tell Dante everything was fine and then stab him when his back was turned. killed a blind demon that stormed through a stone walls and attacked him. That's not the same thing at all and one hit from it could've completely knocked him down. The reason was that Nelo Angelo clearly wanted a fair fight, he had a huge chance to attack Dante from behind and didn't. He thought Arkham was emotionless as he was selling himself. Not killing someone who's trying to kill Vergil and upset his plans is a clear flaw. Especially when Vergil was willing to fight his own brother. No, if he wanted to he would've just done it when he fought her. He wouldn't do it with a rifle a mile away after tricking her.

Dante was much weaker. Where's the evidence that he wasn't? How's what he did to Lilith worse than what the old Vergil would have done? Because he used a gun? Actually, I'm not gonna ping pong all of my points all night. Just sounds to me like a bunch of excuses for a dishonorable guy to me.

As an exception, followed with the words "I'll try it your way for once" That's why it was cool. Batman used a gun to kill Darkseid, that doesn't mean Batman uses guns

And Vergil using a gun once here means he does? He still used it in the past.

Whatever. I mean, you don't even want to like this game so there's really no point in arguing about this kind of thing. I just don't think they trashed him. You do. Coolio.

Top Bottom