• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

crush

It was mentioned in one of the new preview videos that there were Nephilim before Dante and Vergil, but they were hunted down. Does that mean angels were doing the hunting too? But then again,I can't see why angels would be threatened by beings who go in and ount of Limbo freely.Unless angels are not as nice as they seem.

Also, if more nephilim existed, that has to mean angels and demons were meeting up and having kids, so what happened to cause a war? Unless that was what started it.

I really like to see that vid.
As I thought nephelim aren't that particulaty strong, but as Vergil says there is a prophecy that one nephelim will slay mundus.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I really like to see that vid.
As I thought nephelim aren't that particulaty strong, but as Vergil says there is a prophecy that one nephelim will slay mundus.
IIRC~will check when I get home later~ Vergil said a nephilim is the only thing that can kill Mundus, and since there are two of them, one of whome Mundus does not know about, the twins have an advantage

Dante47

With the concept of Limbo, will Dante ever fight demons within the Human Realm?
Considering they are pretty common at points in the old Devil May Cry games, it made sense for Dante to start a business like Devil May Cry to protect humans... for a price.
So, I'm thinking that Limbo will either be destroyed and all the demons will retreat into the Human Realm, or Limbo will merge with our own world.
Can't think of any other reason.

chocolatepanda

Considering they are pretty common at points in the old Devil May Cry games, it made sense for Dante to start a business like Devil May Cry to protect humans... for a price.
So, I'm thinking that Limbo will either be destroyed and all the demons will retreat into the Human Realm, or Limbo will merge with our own world.
In one of the trailers it seems a big demon comes into the human world and crushed the top of a building and there's also a scene that looks like its in the human world with Dante jumping from car to car so maybe high lvl demons can use their demon forms in the human realm..

DEMON-999

Do you think SPARDA might appear in this game ?

i also remember the weapon SPARDA from dmc 1 that weapon is a beast

chocolatepanda

Do you think SPARDA might appear in this game ?

i also remember the weapon SPARDA from dmc 1 that weapon is a beast

He's captured in DmC so there's a chance you might see him being freed or executed or something..
The weapon Sparda is gone though, Spardas weapons in DmC were the Rebellion and the Arbiter.

Frazz

General gamer
In the Vergil reveal trailer there is a massive demon that walks by a random human's home and the human reacts to it so it is safe to assume Dante will do like "They Live" and reveal all the demons to the humans!

chocolatepanda

and yamato.
I dont think we know where Virgil got his sword although it would make since if Sparda gave it to him but it doesnt seem to have the same properties and Rebellion since its not stored in a tattoo like Dantes.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yamato was given to Vergil by Sparda. Vergil mentions both Rebellion and Yamato when he's explaining to Dante their origins.

WorkenOnMaLeft

just type in "dmc devil may cry" its like the fifth vid with vergil in the thumbnail and the logo to his right. skip to the 2:40 mark which is when he talks about the whole background story for the game and it is somewhat spoiler ish, my tablet wont let me actually link the vid, sorry.

chocolatepanda

just type in "dmc devil may cry" its like the fifth vid with vergil in the thumbnail and the logo to his right. skip to the 2:40 mark which is when he talks about the whole background story for the game and it is somewhat spoiler ish, my tablet wont let me actually link the vid, sorry.
I didnt hear anything about his weapon in the vid
Is this the right vid?

WorkenOnMaLeft

I didnt hear anything about his weapon in the vid
Is this the right vid?
oh sorry dude its not. look up "dmc devil may cry dante speaks to vergil" it should be the first vid by ign and its about 4 minutes long. if you just wana skip to what i mentioned go to the 2:00 mark although its a nice cutscene if you dont mind being spoiled a bit you should watch the whole thing :)

chocolatepanda

oh sorry dude its not. look up "dmc devil may cry dante speaks to vergil" it should be the first vid by ign and its about 4 minutes long. if you just wana skip to what i mentioned go to the 2:00 mark although its a nice cutscene if you dont mind being spoiled a bit you should watch the whole thing :)
Found it :D. I've never seen this one before. The symbol around the Rebellion(Dantes tat) seems to be angelic while the symbol on the yamato looks more demonic to me. Also i think its kinda funny that Virgil refers to himself in the 3rd person.
For anyone who hasnt seen it here it is.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
The POWER OF MIYAMOTO COMPELS YOU!
Jericho? Originally said: ''The power of Christ compels you''. I played Jericho like 20 times from start to end. Just love that.
Isn't Dante's hair going from black to white when he uses his demon powers?

Top Bottom