• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Asmodaius

Hold that thought.

Edit:
Found it. I posted this a while back on another forum:

A while back someone made a post with pictures of DMC2 and DmC to point out some of the heavy similareties. That thread is gone but there is still a debate going.

The demons in DMC2 were quite awesome and I like how the demons in DmC resembles them, but looking more robotic to go with the overall theme.

Deadlegend

I’m going to hell y’all want anything?
Hmm those DmC demons look like they were 'industrially made'. Maybe they were once people? They have this....how do I put it....'human' aura....?

Okay, I sound mad.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
That's true. I forgot to mention it. They remind me of House of wax people.
The "skin" seems to look like wax.

Asmodaius

Hmm those DmC demons look like they were 'industrially made'. Maybe they were once people? They have this....how do I put it....'human' aura....?

Okay, I sound mad.

Well, they do appear quite android like, robotic people with demonic influence. Maybe they were people once... that's not far fetched. They could have been people who got corrupted by the demons and turned into these mechanic monsters...

Deadlegend

Well, they do appear quite android like, robotic people with demonic influence. Maybe they were people once... that's not far fetched. They could have been people who got corrupted by the demons and turned into these mechanic monsters...

Maybe they were people who saw 'the truth' (the real demonic world, blah blah)?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Maybe they were people who saw 'the truth' (the real demonic world, blah blah)?
That's a nice theory. I played a game called Dungeion Siege , and i think it was an expansion or something called "The surgeons".

It was giant ugly monsters. And the name described what they did. They took limbs off elfs and replaced it with Giant limbs. Dismantling their enemies body (the elfs) and changing their body into monster body and controlling them.

My point is:
The demons may have done that to the wax monsters.

Deadlegend

That's a nice theory. I played a game called Dungeion Siege , and i think it was an expansion or something called "The surgeons".

It was giant ugly monsters. And the name described what they did. They took limbs off elfs and replaced it with Giant limbs. Dismantling their enemies body (the elfs) and changing their body into monster body and controlling them.

My point is:
The demons may have done that to the wax monsters.

That's a creepy but interesting theory.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Awesome theories so far guys. Great food for thought:)

As for my own, I would have liked it if the concept of the 'Fallen Angel' will appear. Not necessarily all demons being former angels but SOME/the first of the demons/etc. It is one of my favorite concepts:D

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is always the possibility that Eva became a fallen angel or was shoned by other angels for knockin boots with a demon swordsman.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Nice idea. By the way, we keep mentioning Eva and Sparda as though they will definitely be Dante's parents again. I wonder if they will actually be, and if they are, what changes will come with their new persona.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
But would you really call it a new persona since we never saw them to begin with and only heard other people's interpretation of them.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, we might've never seen her before but they certainly made changes, now she's nether witch nor human, now she's an angel. If you don't want to call it a new persona then call it whatever you want but as long as the idea is the same it goes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That´s a good point. I don´t know i thought since i know already that it´s their version of Dante that the name David would rock for DmC Dante.

Like "The name is Hume....David Hume".

Joke. But seriously the name David would been cool.

That reminds me of lost where a character was named desmond David Hume.

A theory about his name was that his human name might be tony red graves since sparda and Eva are smart enough not to transcribe Dante spardason on his birth certificate as that would be like putting a sign that says "come kill my sons wen I'm not here". So it's his official human name that appears on business cards, birth certificates, etc. Who ever raised him after might have changed his name and dyed his hair to keep him hidden from demons till he was old enough to fight them because what is a 9 year old barely trained half blood gonna do to a full grown demon?

berto

I Saw the Devil
If that was a concern then why bother putting them in the system? forget birth cirtificates and all that jazz, a being that's 2000 years old ether wouldn't care about that or would know how to get by it unnoticed.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I am so very sure that the cameras or things that Dante and Mystery girl is destroying are transmittors.
In the amusement park (DmC Trailer) we see many demons standing in activity areas. For example you may want to go and buy some food? The person making the food is a demon in disguise.

Also am i only one who gets a assosciated feeling of Dean Winchester from Supernatural Dante in DmC says "Ebony, Ivory - i missed you girls". Also Dante's facial kinda resembles Dean.

vevx2t.png

And also Dean and Sam are brothers who hunt down demons.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Berto- that really depends on what sparda and eva's plan were for raising them and what kind of person Eva was, for all we know she could have anyone from a secret agent to a stripper.
@cool demon- I don't see it as much as you do.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Just was thinkin' about it. Since this is NT's take on DmC set in a parallel universe, is it really far fetched to think that this Dante might not be the son of Eva and Sparda??
I mean,
A new angel x A new demon = Dante (& maybe his sister-the hooded girl)?

Top Bottom