• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC: The Solid Devil (ACT 2: Another Wolf?!)

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Solid slowly rose from the crater, pulling himself up with dirt particles flying. "As if.." he said pushing himself back up into the air to deliver another kick.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tyther took this kick as well, again sending him sprawling, but again he got right back up. He rubbed his snout and felt for any broken bones. "I shouldn't have worried. I forgot you were a demon. Now, how about this?" He leaped forward and above Solid and readied a pick-axe kick.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Although Solid readily blocked the kick, it still forcefully sent him into the ground. "You yourself are getting stronger." he complimented before quickly drawing his blade delivering a shallow slice to Tyther's chest. "Now if my objective was to kill with that slice, than a bit more force could have sent it deeper into your flesh. Always be on guard, even when attacking you should be able to defend." Solid advised as he withdrew his sword and sheathed it. Then bowed to acknowledge Tyther's prowess. "I think... that's it for today. I am feeling exhausted... even though I am a demon."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The slice on Tyther's chest healed quickly, but still stung. "Nice. I think you're much better than last time. Keep fighting like that, and you'll be able to kill things much stronger than you are. Reminds me of a time I was fighting a Blaze. Ever killed one? They're nasty buggers. Big quadrupedal lizards that are on fire, and when you kill them they blow up like a goddamn balloon and explode. Anyway, I had to do the same thing you did just now to kill it." He got up. He hadn't even realized he was on the ground then. "Anyway, enough reminiscing. I think it's time to find someway to make use of that arm of yours. You need to learn how to use it again. It can't be completely disabled, can it?"

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"I can still feel it... and it seems like the only time it makes any response at all is when i revert to my demonic self. Though all that i get is a twitch or two. I won't risk changing to full wolf form, because it might just be in the same condition." he said thinking of how he could get it back in use. "If i try to hard to make it move it just bleeds like before."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tyther thought for a moment and then spoke. "You have to wait for the burn wounds to heal. My mother is a practiced cleric, and she's well versed in the medicines of this forest. She could find something to treat that burn. She has something for everything. She even has something that can regrow broken bones in just a few days. It's a bit rare, though. Now, back to the burn... It doesn't seem like an ordinary burn. I'd say it's third-degree, which means scarring is likely. However, if it's treated, you, in theory, could get as much as ninety percent of it's usage back. However, it has to be treated very delicately, and it's going to be a bit painful. Although for you, I don't think a bit of pain would do much. You've already experienced the worst kind of pain you can without dying." He turned in the direction of his house and looked over his shoulder. "Coming?" He replied in a tone that suggested a competition.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"Sure. but let's make it a race!" Solid said. As he ran then vaulted from Tyther's shoulder launching himself into the air towards the house.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tyther smirked and caught Solid's leg as he vaulted off of his shoulder. He pulled him back down and then used Solid as a stepping stool to reach the trees. He leaped from treetop to treetop, using the larger gaps to cover more distance. "Gonna have to be faster than that, brother!"

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Solid smirked then he jumoed to the trees as well, catching up with his brother shortly after. "You're good, but you'll have to try harder than that." the young wolf called pushing himself from a tree through an opening of light at the top. Solid then began to run on the very tp branches of the trees. Gaining much more ground in doing so.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tyther looked up as he ran and shook his head. "Hmph. Showoff..." he muttered, and then looked back, only to hit his face on a branch, fly backwards while spinning erratically and falling right on his ass. He got up and rubbed his aching face and began sprinting as fast as he could. When he'd reached the house, Solid was already there. "If you heard a smack, that was me hitting a branch... Looks like I lose by stupidity." He smiled.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Solid could do nothing but laugh, shortly stoppid his outburst and entering the house. He looked at Tyther's mother, then quickly looking away. 'What's she staring at?!' he thought to himself, growing embarrased when she smiled at him. 'Infernal woman...' he whispered under his breath so she couldn't hear him.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tyther, hearing what Solid had said, hit him on the back of the head. "What did I say? Knock it off about hating my mother. Did I ever say I hated your mother? No, although she scares the crap out of me." He turned to his mother. "We need something to cure his burns. Do you have anything that can treat a third-degree burn?" Monica, without a word, went to a small cabinet and took out what looked like a large eye-drop bottle. "Solid, come here and hold out your arm. This will make it heal in a matter of days."

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Solid held out his arm, he then sighed deeply and yawned. "I don't think it will heal like an ordinary burn. Seeing as how I cannot get scarred by flames. It's of supernatural origins obviously." Solid replied doubtfully.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Monica knew that was probably true. Still, it didn't hurt to try. "Now, hold still. This will burn quite a bit." She poured a few drops onto Solid's arm and it immediately began to eat away the burned flesh, leaving his arm red and raw. Some spots still remained black, as indicators that those areas would never heal completely. One was on the palm of his hand, which meant he still wouldn't be able to hold heavy objects, but he could at least make proper use of his hand.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Solid moved the raw hand, seeming to make no note of the pain it would probably cause others. "I can move it slightly... bu it's timing is very off... I'll have to work at it of course." he said before wrapping some bandages around his arm. "It will likely heal sometime later today. If the flash return normally, then I might be able to use it within weeks." he said, his eyes showed slight gratitude to Monica.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Monica saw the small glimmer of gratitude, but only for a split second before it faded away. "You're welcome. What we humans lack in physical strength we make up for with determination, smarts and willpower. We're a bit more capable than you think, really." She turned to Tyther. "Tyther, my young man, will you please show Solid to the place he'll be sleeping, if he prefers?" She turned to Solid, waiting for a response.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"Show away, dear brother..." he said as he stood up slowly, grasping his arm as it stung. "I suppose i'll need a place to sleep for the time being, but I must warn you... don't wake me." he said coldly, his face returning to its serious demeanor. "It might not be a wise choice."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tyther put both arms up. "Only if it's an emergency, alright? C'mon, it's this way." He walked up the stairs and pointed to the left and then kept going. The room wasn't half-bad. It had a bunk bed, a TV set, and some old video games to keep them busy. Hell, his old Nintendo 64 was still there. "Welcome to your new home." He said, holding both arms out to show Solid inside. "I hope you enjoy this five-star room." He said sarcastically. "So, who's got the bottom bunk?"

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"You can have them both... I prefer the floor." he said taking an indian style position, then closing his eyes. "I do not require beds, or more than an hour or two of sleep. I'm sure i'll be well rested in a little while." Solid added, all the while keeping his eyes closed. "It takes discipline my brother, you will learn it soon."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Uh-huh. Well, I'm gonna sleep too. I don't sleep very long either." He looked outside the window. It was dark out, and the only sound was the rustling of trees. He pulled the covers over his shoulder and muttered a "Good night", then fell asleep...

When he woke up, the sun was just beginning to rise.

Top Bottom