• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC store

ok i saw this in few other forums and will i liked the idea. the idea is to open a store and in that store you can do a few things for example buy a gift for another member. or buy some equipment to become a devil hunter.

you can do that by collecting Red orbs from posting threads and replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I like this idea :D The more you contribute, you are rewarded so you can buy certain things with orbs for others or yourself. It's fun, and very DMC-ish ^^ +rep

Instead of rep however, would this not be a better feature? More DMC-like, would really work with the vibe of the place, considering it's a DMC forum ^^

LordOfDarkness;163356 said:
I like this idea :D The more you contribute, you are rewarded so you can buy certain things with orbs for others or yourself. It's fun, and very DMC-ish ^^ +rep

Instead of rep however, would this not be a better feature? More DMC-like, would really work with the vibe of the place, considering it's a DMC forum ^^

i didn't get what you are saying

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Trish67;163357 said:
huh????? what????

To explain more, he means the feature of a Devil may Cry store could be put in place; where Devil May Cry like items can be purchased by yourself, for yourself, and other members maybe.

By posting in threads, you are contributing to the forums. So as a reward, you could be given 20 red orbs every time you contribute. Or instead, whatever rep points you have could be changed to Red Orbs; so you can start purchasing asap.

Maybe keep the rep feature, where you give rep to those you think deserve it. So that way, people wouldn't spam thinking they can increase their orbs. If you do it that way however, you may not get many orbs. So other ways of gaining orbs, could be added. It could be played around with, say the feature even possible to add. But we have had some stylish rankings, a make-over and an arcade put in place before; so I'm guessing this is achievable; possibly to an extent maybe.

It all comes down to whether it is liked, and whether Staff approve; or feel need to add anything to the site at this moment in time.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Could we have it in a style of 1 red orb per post, 5 from a rep+, and you can buy 500 orbs for £5 or something. The items are 1500 orbs or something, so that the site could make money by doing that. It all depends if Steve can get it all set up and find a place to store the items...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Vauxchen-kun;163364 said:
Could we have it in a style of 1 red orb per post, 5 from a rep+, and you can buy 500 orbs for £5 or something. The items are 1500 orbs or something, so that the site could make money by doing that. It all depends if Steve can get it all set up and find a place to store the items...

That's a nice idea, but wouldn't the paying thing make it a little unfair for those who cannot do such a thing? I know it'd make Steve and Sharon more money, but I feel personally it could cause arguments amongst members. What if now the whole idea is subjected to Supporters, like the Arcade? We will see flaming like before, which would not be a good thing. I'm just merely saying, that 'could' happen, not stating it will :)

I feel the amount for items would vary, it'd make it more fun to play around with. And instead of rep, why not just have this? If rep would be for this, why not just this instead? Rep has been useless, just a system for keeping numbers. I don't see people boasting about how many rep points they have any more, not since your thread :lol:

Keaton

Premium
Its a great idea and I'd be all for it, although it does sound like a very complicated idea to be implemented, we'll have to wait for Steve to address this issue methinks ^_^

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I know what you mean. We the money idea was simply a way so that Steve doesn't lose too much money over this.
We could have the new ranks done up and buy new colours with rep. Instead of having just standard colours, have maybe your rank in green and black, by spending 250 rep points or something.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Or make our own devil hunter avatars XD You can buy him clothes and weapons almost like Gunbound :p If you have ever played

Edit:

Or Runescape

hmm intresting and what if there was an option to customize your weapons you can attach something to it and change its color just like call of duty 4

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Yup, could have a dante coat and alucard hat with the sword of sparda.

Or be a dark cloaked demon samurai with yamato.^_^

Somethng like that.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
and since the non supporters don't have the arcade maybe we could battle eachother with our avatars XD maybe not like an actual fight but how it works on like Halo Crusades or Mafia Wars. YOu just click someones click battle then it tells you if you lost. There can also be a bunch of bots whos job is to lose. XD

Top Bottom