• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Smartphone app!!!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Personally I can't wait until the game is released; because we all know there will be at least a few dozen Youtubers buying the game just so they can upload videos of them destroying the disc.

Thanks for the sales, chumps~ :p

EllDawn

Lost your mind...or the only one who really sees the world for what it iiiiiiiiiiiiiiis~? OOoooooooooooooOOOoooooOOOOoooooo~
lol. Maybe both. I'm in a small town, out in the middle of a desert. I think they'd be more likely to give me strange looks for laughing at a stop sign.

Edit: Maybe I can get a few people to drive off the road. That happened a lot when I was a kid, all because we had Rheas or were doing something else in the yard. One or two even ran into the light pole. This would just give them something else to stare at.

8BitHero

Scrub
Probably going to sound like an a-hole generic YouTuber but EFF THIS BS. Same with Mass Effect and Dead Space.
"Be a sheeple, buy our crApple and use this crApp to get more content in your game"

Sunaka Marién

So that's what the Order website was for *O*
Gosh, this sounds like such a wonderful idea, but gaaaaaaaaaaah, no smartphone (T^T)
And smartphones don't work with pre-paid cards, or do they?
Now that I think about it, it's actually really unfair towards the people without a smartphone if it allows you to unlock exclusive content :/

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Probably going to sound like an a-hole generic YouTuber but EFF THIS BS. Same with Mass Effect and Dead Space.
"Be a sheeple, buy our crApple and use this crApp to get more content in your game"

Hey, this isn't anything nearly as bad as Mass Effects "buy $170 worth of extra stuff to be able to get everything." All this does is get you more Orbs, so it's like being able to farm while away from the game :p

8BitHero

Scrub
Hey, this isn't anything nearly as bad as Mass Effects "buy $170 worth of extra stuff to be able to get everything." All this does is get you more Orbs, so it's like being able to farm while away from the game :p
But the SHEER stupidity and irony of that video is mind blowing!

"Fight the system and don't let yourself be enslaved" (seems to be a strong message throughout the new DmC)
This advert seems to live off the idea of fighting the system and being a rebel....by running around using Apple products....like the other sheeple. Essssplain zees to me!?

Sunaka Marién

"Fight the system and don't let yourself be enslaved" (seems to be a strong message throughout the new DmC)
This advert seems to live off the idea of fighting the system and being a rebel....by running around using Apple products....like the other sheeple. Essssplain zees to me!?
Well, you can use any smarphone as long as it's got Android as it's operating system (or whatever Android is exactly...), and I think most smarphones that aren't iPhoes use it? Eiterway, it's not limited to Apple products :p

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Well it's not just "apple products," it's other smartphones, too. But...yes it's ironic, but it's also just a game, it's just supposed to be entertaining >.< It's not DmC's anti-establishment themes are literally supposed to be taken as points in a fight against the 1% and whatever, it's just a game using a modern theme :p

EllDawn

As Sunaka said, it's not just for iPhone. That's just what they used most in the video. So they're not encouraging you to buy a certain phone so you can use the app. They're giving smart-phone users something else to fool around with before the game comes out. The people that get a new phone just for this app are the ones to worry about since the app is free and looks pretty simple. I see it as more of a distraction for those that are impatient.

Grey-Frog

I guess that because I'm writing this message on a MacBook Pro I'm a "sheeple" then?

8BitHero

Scrub
I guess that because I'm writing this message on a MacBook Pro I'm a "sheeple" then?
No and my post came off strong. But the advert uses strong words like "obey" or imagery to suggest individualism, but they're using Apple Products and other smartphones to convey that message?
That defeats the point of the message. It's a poor advertising.

Grey-Frog

No and my post came off strong. But the advert uses strong words like "obey" or imagery to suggest individualism, but they're using Apple Products and other smartphones to convey that message?
Ah, ok, I get your point now. :).

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That defeats the point of the message. It's a poor advertising.

Those words are in the game, yo. The whole concept of this App is a play off of a feature that's prominent throughout the main game - it's seeing the subliminal messages that the demons leave around Limbo :p

ChaserTech

I'll be honest, the first thing I thought about when I saw the video was one of those kid toy apps that you see in commercials that tell you to scan stuff to fight monsters or uncover a hidden message.

Sunaka Marién

I'll be honest, the first thing I thought about when I saw the video was one of those kid toy apps that you see in commercials that tell you to scan stuff to fight monsters or uncover a hidden message.
D'aww, c'mon, don't be so serious :3 Sure, it is that kinda thing, but hey, it's free and surely fun to play around with <3

Top Bottom