• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC sequel ideas/pitches/wishlist.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I created an oc called Tarnaq that I'd reuse. He's a everyman demon who teams up with Dante. He wants to help Dante find a cure for "Limbo Sickness" out of self preservation. I wanted to tackle demon society and how they adjust to not being on top of the food chain anymore. There some possible political commentary there so happy hunting.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I remember already giving my thoughts on a DmC sequel and the inclusion of Nero so I'll just bring that here.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Nero but black. His arm is still demonic but not really in the glowing sense. He'd have hair similar to Childish Gambino with its sort of an afro but with twist at the top. He'd be the first half-human, half-demon in the world.
sddefault.jpg

His outfit would be a purple hoodie, over a long tailed shirt under a black leather jacket, black jeans, and some converse. Similar to the Watch Dogs Legion's trailer.
Screen-Shot-2020-07-15-at-9.55.55-AM-640x362.png

watchdogs_legion.jpg

His gun will still be a revolver, but customized a bit to be able to shoot at a quicker accuracy then his classic one.
sru-86281.jpg

The sword would be similar to what it is in DMC5, only it would look more homemade and crudely put together to give Nero that urban look.
5eeb7055f2a2d71938a8d7cffffe13d8.jpg

And lastly, his demon arm would look more demonic with thick red aura swirling around it. That red aura can transform into a massive arm to grab things, or another type of weapon to use in battle.
chris-peacock-chris-peacock-rotting-demon-arm-lp.jpg

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Honestly, I would just go with the idea writer for Vergil's Downfall had. Ditch the "fighting the man" bullcrap and have Dante fight both angels and demons. Feature more human sized bosses, and have Dante just starting off his mercenary life. I had an idea of an angel that is sort of a father figure to Dante, and helps advise and guide him. I called him Lionheart. My description was a guy that fights with a longswords and use his angel wings as a shield or sharpen as blades. Similar to the angels in Legion.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Honestly, I would just go with the idea writer for Vergil's Downfall had. Ditch the "fighting the man" bullcrap and have Dante fight both angels and demons. Feature more human sized bosses, and have Dante just starting off his mercenary life. I had an idea of an angel that is sort of a father figure to Dante, and helps advise and guide him. I called him Lionheart. My description was a guy that fights with a longswords and use his angel wings as a shield or sharpen as blades. Similar to the angels in Legion.
I feel like getting rid of the "fighting the man" narrative would take away its identity and lump it to just another Devil May Cry with a different coat of paint. I'd rather they advance the narrative and push it higher; really dig deep into the conspiracies of homeland security and demonic hold being the root of it all. Perhaps have Vergil be the center and Dante fighting.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I feel like getting rid of the "fighting the man" narrative would take away its identity and lump it to just another Devil May Cry with a different coat of paint.
Good for enough me.

I'd rather they advance the narrative and push it higher; really dig deep into the conspiracies of homeland security and demonic hold being the root of it all.
The problem being there is not much work with considering how shallow the themes were in DmC. What we got was a worse version of They Live combined with Blade. It can kinda work, but I don't want it taking over the whole narrative. Either keep in the background (but not completely ignored) or interweave it in the story just right. I don't mind seeing human society's reaction to demons and how they handle the fallout of the worlds merging together. That's fine, as that is something the OG series rarely ever touched on aside from the anime and Fortuna. The latter technically does not even count as that's in an isolated island that reveres Sparda to begin with. Even what we get in the anime is very minimal and only minor touches depending on the episode.

Like I said, before I am more interested in the angels and why their asses did not even bother showing up once. Granted, how they react and how humans react to demons and those of supernatural origin can tie in together. That can work fine. The best part being Dante and Vergil would still be at the center of it all, because both are being proactive. So, part would not change any way.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Someone had a fan theory that V was DmC Vergil getting involved for his own reasons. I'd turn that into a V versus DmC Vergil story. It's set during the one month gap. This is probably a DLC pack but it could be fun.

I might wait to reboot V and Nero. They might run the risk of being redundant with a younger/rougher Dante and Vergil running around.

Honestly rebooting the other cast members is up to the individual creator. Literally you could do another reboot with just Dante, Vergil and their parents. That would be equally valid as doing a reboot with everyone.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I remember already giving my thoughts on a DmC sequel and the inclusion of Nero so I'll just bring that here.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Nero but black. His arm is still demonic but not really in the glowing sense. He'd have hair similar to Childish Gambino with its sort of an afro but with twist at the top. He'd be the first half-human, half-demon in the world.
sddefault.jpg

His outfit would be a purple hoodie, over a long tailed shirt under a black leather jacket, black jeans, and some converse. Similar to the Watch Dogs Legion's trailer.
Screen-Shot-2020-07-15-at-9.55.55-AM-640x362.png

watchdogs_legion.jpg

His gun will still be a revolver, but customized a bit to be able to shoot at a quicker accuracy then his classic one.
sru-86281.jpg

The sword would be similar to what it is in DMC5, only it would look more homemade and crudely put together to give Nero that urban look.
5eeb7055f2a2d71938a8d7cffffe13d8.jpg

And lastly, his demon arm would look more demonic with thick red aura swirling around it. That red aura can transform into a massive arm to grab things, or another type of weapon to use in battle.
chris-peacock-chris-peacock-rotting-demon-arm-lp.jpg
see phoenix character from the game valorant.

144762-phoenix-amp_main_media_schema-3.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
My take on Nero would similar to Zephyr from Resonance of Fate. He would be a teenager Dante mentors. He's a half-demon looking for his father Rodin. This could be a new character called Tristan but he does wear black and white colors as a reference to Nero. He's more of a live wire and unstable so Dante has to reign him in.

They'd be about a decade apart. Dante would be about 25-27 years old. The classic series made a mistake by not staying with DMC3 Dante longer. So I'd rectify that here.

I don't mind doing a romp. I thought of a Wizard of Oz allusion that I don't mind that using here.

Also Vergil might seek Excalibur or run afoul of Gilgamesh and Enkidu.

References-

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Since sparda is never stated to be dead, i would have dante battle his way through the demon world to find him

Fighting former rulers of it and even sparda himself, and finishing with a final battle with vergil where they unleash all their power and potential and it breaks through dimensions and space and time

Mundus is already gone, so unless they reboot argosax again i can see former emperors of hell being a cool path

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I had this idea for DmC 2, where Dante is on a mission to get help from the angels and there’s a train that kind of travels between the astral planes of worlds (Phineas informs him of its existence just after the events of DmC) The only way that Dante can “reach” said train which carries human souls for judgement would normally be if something like a sacrifice was carried out, but Kat manages to tap into it by her ways as a Medium so nothing like that is needed and Dante is able to board it as it’s heading for Purgatory (Basically an Angel version of Limbo that exists between the human world and Heaven) And I thought it’d be cool to have the carriages separate when he’s on there where you have to demon-pull and angel-glide through to the next carriages. When you get to the front of the train there would be a boss and after killing them the train comes to a crashing halt and you’re in Purgatory. Dante is seeking out help/answers as to why the angels aren’t doing anything about the demon invasion on Earth following straight after the events of DmC.

He realises that angels weren't necessarily unable to do anything about Mundus, they were simply turning a blind eye to save themselves from any trouble from him and they had made a deal with the Devil (practically a truce from both sides) So Mundus proceeds to enslave humanity, instead of going about destroying it. That way the angels stay off his back, as well as they simply didn't care enough about protecting humanity they cared more about their own divinity and if humans were to be sinful as they could be then they weren’t deemed worthy of saving and only pure souls would be allowed entry into Heaven’s Gates. It's not like Mundus was roaming around slaughtering humans on a constant basis, just controlling them through debt and mind control substances etc. Yes he was a very bad influence on the human race but ultimately besides the temptation he placed on humans he wasn’t decimating the Earth and humans still had their own free will somewhat so not every action/decision on humanity was soulfully determined or controlled by him and that was good enough for the angels to look past whatever Mundus wished to impose onto humanity.

Dante comes to see that this "peace" or agreement was enough for both demon and angel races, until Dante and Vergil had disrupted it by killing Mundus and ultimately collapsing Limbo spilling it along with its demons into the human world and the angels and demons now see Dante and Vergil as both responsible for Limbo's destruction, and subsequently the demons flooding into the "human world". Therefore to them the events of what happened in DmC are entirely Dante and Vergil’s fault and the chaotic apocalypse that has followed is down to them.

Furthermore Dante begins to learn more about himself and his race through discussions with the angels and also further information about Nephilims from Phineas. He comes to understand that Nephilims have the ability to freely enter into both worlds, the demon and the angel ones. As well as use both of their powers in either worlds to which he can understand why angels and demons would both fear him and consider him a threat as neither demon nor angel can use their powers inside their opposing worlds.

Since the end of DmC, Dante has vowed that he will protect humans. He now views himself as humanity’s protector and its savior. His brother Vergil is gone, for now, plotting in the background his own maniacal scheme for power to rule supreme over both worlds just like Mundus did before as the promise of power and control has made him become greedy and blinded to what actually really matters in life.

Throughout the story Dante would assist Kat in finding other potential followers to aid his cause and they rally up a team calling themselves The Order Of The Sword (Taking the name from DMC 4) This could introduce other characters from the original series such as Trish as a demon who had a change of heart, like Sparda once did. Lady, whose past is like Kat's, except she's half human and half demon because her father sought to becoming a demon and then raped her mother to give birth to her when he was one. Obviously they would not have their original names (Trish and Lady) I would probably change those names.

Something else I would also add is a special mission (besides trying to seal Limbo to stop the demons) that The Order has to carry out throughout the game therefore the story doesn’t just simply feel like “Dante and friends stop demons the end”. Because despite that essentially being what Devil May Cry has always been about it’s a bit too familiar of a plot at this point and feels almost dry and empty. The special mission would have its own code name amongst The Order and I’d even have an opposing group of humans that are so brainwashed that they side with the demons or at least support them and they also seek what The Order is searching for.

The mission, as such, could be codenamed “New Origin”. The “special” package would be a child that is very important to the future and lo and behold this child introduced to the DmC series is none other than Nero and that’s how he becomes set up into the story.

I’d also quite like it if they made Kat a playable character. Every now and then have you control her as she has to either unlock a path for Dante to progress through, a secret area for Dante to explore, or simply use her abilities to “cleanse” an area that Dante has cleared of demon activity making it safe for humans or The Order to set up bases of operations and expand.

During all of these events through the game we come to learn that Sparda has broken from his imprisonment and releases his rage and slays a vast majority of his own kind on his way out of Hell just simply out of anger. And the years of being tortured, enslaved and lied to has made him go completely insane (he was lied to by Mundus into thinking he has nothing left anymore since Eva's death and the death of his children) it’s unbeknownst to him that both Dante and Vergil are still alive. So he sets his heart on destruction and chaos as he’s been driven to complete madness and grows to become an unstoppable and unrelenting God of destruction to which he intends to destroy everything in his path and he is purely fueled by nothing but hatred and rage for anything living; demonic, angelic, human or anything between.

After Dante and the gang have defeated enough demons, cleansed enough areas and took up further operations also carrying out their mission “Codename: New Origin” Kat, Trish and Lady have a lead to follow whilst Dante goes to liaise with some angels (having finally decided to lend a hand amongst the ensuing carnage).

Dante finally convinces them he only cares about humans safety and keeping those he loves safe from harm. He isn’t interested in anything else other than helping to protect the human race so they no longer see him as a threat and because his cause seems just they agree to help him put a stop to the demonic army before them.

Following up on their lead, Kat, Lady and Trish arrive at an empty warehouse besides the docks to speak with their informant regarding information to “New Origin’s” whereabouts. This is actually a trap put in place by Vergil and his small team of followers to try and lure Dante to them in an attempt to take him out using Kat and the others as bait (Vergil knows that his brother will not let him carry out his plans without trying to put a stop to them so the only option for him is to take Dante out of the picture first) In the meantime Kat and the others are tied up and kept under surveillance before Vergil forces Kat to contact Dante informing him that the child they were searching for has finally been found and to come right away.

Dante, none the wiser, parts ways with the angels to meet up with Kat who is being held hostage in a room with Lady and Trish (a gun to their heads). Vergil gets himself ready to surprise his brother on arrival. His plan to kill all three if Dante does not either walk away from his fight to save humanity allowing Vergil to seize control of everything or simply kill Dante if he refuses knowing that if Dante fights back all three will die and their deaths will be on Dante’s hands.

Before Dante arrives, he receives an unknown call tipping him off about Vergil’s trap before it’s too late and manages to free Kat,
Lady and Trish before confronting and fighting Vergil. Before the fight properly gets underway, Phineas appears and informs the twins that their father is ripping the city apart. They agree to stop fighting so they can witness it themselves.

Sparda having now returned easily dispatches a majority of angels with absolute ease. A concerned Dante manages to convince a hugely conflicted Vergil that if power and control is what he has been desiring then letting their father lay waste to everything would benefit neither of them. Dante wouldn’t have a world to defend if it’s destroyed and Vergil would have nothing to rule over. Realizing that for either of the brother’s desires to come true they have to put their differences aside to face an even bigger threat. The two decide to head back to The Order’s main headquarters to “gear up” before they head off to put a stop to their father before he annihilates everything and everyone in his path.

A long ass battle ensues but with the help of Phineas they finally manage to get their father to realise who they both are and that they weren’t actually killed by Mundus which causes Sparda to regret his actions that he took and the darkness that he allowed to consume him. He vows to never return to the human world again and between them they travel back to the underworld to close the portal/veil that conceals the demon world from the human world ultimately ending the demonic invasion. Before they all separate he tries to reason to both brothers to put an end to their fighting and work together to make sure that nothing comes between their family bond. Vergil finally understands his foolishness and Dante forgives him before they return back from the demon world and the sunsets on a peaceful Earth now completely demon free.

A post credits scene reveals Dante, Vergil, Kat and the other members of The Order at their main headquarters when the camera pans across to a young child sat on a table next to Dante who is on his phone. He looks across to the boy and says “I guess I should finally change your name in my phone, right Nero?”. This reveals that the child already knew The Order was searching for him and already knew about all of the events of DmC 2 before they all unfolded.

“So Nero. What does the future hold for us all?” Kat asks.

Nero (smiling towards the camera) “Oh, a lot”.

THE END.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Years ago I thought of a Vergil game set in hell where he tries to free his father from Mundus's grasp.

He would also try to recruit members for a new organization. It would be his Foxhound so to speak. It would be made up of old favorites like Lucia and Arkham. You could also have him recruit Griffon, shadow and nightmare.

It's a meta reference in having Vergil recruit the past and Dante would fight them.

DLC would probably be DmC vergil running a foul of V and Urizen during the one month gap in DMC5.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I’ve mostly finished editing my previous post it’s added 99% of what I wanted to get across. I just need to tweak more Vergil’s change of heart towards the end besides “to take down their father”. Once I’ve done that it’s all there.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I’ve mostly finished editing my previous post it’s added 99% of what I wanted to get across. I just need to tweak more Vergil’s change of heart towards the end besides “to take down their father”. Once I’ve done that it’s all there.
You should write it as a fanfic if you have time. It's pretty good.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm loving the new GOW so I'd lean towards an open world level design.

Sparda would be played by Andy Serkis, Christopher Eccleston of Doctor Who and the Leftovers, or Ralph Ineson of the Green Knight and AC4.

Eva would be played by Ruth Wilson.

Trish would be a clone of Eva but made by the angels. If the demons are capitalism run amok, then the angels are built around collectivism. Trish is a younger clone of Eva and a few years younger than Dante and Vergil. She was created after Eva's death.

Kat becomes more capable and fights like the Scarlet Witch. She tries to become a spokesperson for the mediums and runs afoul of Arkham. Arkham was a former ally of Sparda and Eva but turned radical after their deaths. He wants to free Earth from angel and demon influences.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I so would like to see Sparda be playable in classic Dante’s gameplay.

Dante would free Sparda from his imprisonment and defeats him in his unstable tormented state, allowing himself to finally feel at peace and help his sons in the situation they’re both in.

After the final battle, Sparda would sacrifice himself for them both.

I would love new allies for Dante and Kat. Trish would be nice. But add more original characters.

More sword wielders!

Top Bottom