• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC prequal is still there

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Megaman Zero. 4 games that tells a complete story.
Most Megaman games have a storyline per game, they are just consistent to one another. There's not really anything to end. Like the Mario games.
But Mega Man hasn't had a solid ending to conclude everything. Concerning the topic I think you'll agree with me in saying a DMC story before DMC3 is not needed. Right?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I didn't forget, but the list would be too long if I had to put in all the games I know with a better storyplot than Devil May Cry. :p
And Kingdom Hearts storyplot might be too elaborate even, it is so confusing and so not tied together properly.

It's put together, but it's just so much to read on, that it seems more confusing. It's actually like DMC when it comes to time order, but KH does it in a way that makes you read from the first game to really understand things. I mean they made an entire game to fill in one plothole. (KH 358/2 days)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Castlevania's story also don't make any sense to me.I guess that's the reason why they rebooted it and we got Castlevania: Lords of shadow.Just saying.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not adverse to a prequel showing us how vergil and dante grew up as I suggested a anime devoted that that same subject once upon a time.

But right now would not be the best time since I rather just keep moving forward, going in a straight line from 4 to 2 and not jump back and forth through time.

One of the problem the series is lack of direction in the story which is shown throught how the series jumps around in the timeline so we should avoid that for a while.

on the note of a sparda prequel, its possible but it depends on whether or not you want Sparda to risk losing his mystique. Or the fact that once you start with Sparda, there is no need to return to dante and nero.

Sparda is a character active for 2000+ years which has alot of story potential both with historical events and fictional events. The sky is the limit.

Why would you want to return to Dante and nero, then?

DanteDevil01

Dante_Redgrave
I'm not adverse to a prequel showing us how vergil and dante grew up as I suggested a anime devoted that that same subject once upon a time.

But right now would not be the best time since I rather just keep moving forward, going in a straight line from 4 to 2 and not jump back and forth through time.

One of the problem the series is lack of direction in the story which is shown throught how the series jumps around in the timeline so we should avoid that for a while.

on the note of a sparda prequel, its possible but it depends on whether or not you want Sparda to risk losing his mystique. Or the fact that once you start with Sparda, there is no need to return to dante and nero.

Sparda is a character active for 2000+ years which has alot of story potential both with historical events and fictional events. The sky is the limit.

Why would you want to return to Dante and nero, then?
Yea you got a point there, but the only thing I would want from a prequel on Sparda is to see how he became a Legend mainly to learn about his conflict with Mundus. Because I do agree that it wouldn't be a mystery anymore if it revealed everything about him. It would just to give people a taste of what his past was like. And who knows maybe it would be possible to explain something about Nero but we'll see.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A popular theory about Nero is that he is descended from Sparda but not throught Dante or Vergil.

Sparda could have had other kids between the 2000 years so he could have been descended from them.

plus we still dont know about the demon side of the family, sparda could have had a clan back in the demon world.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
A popular theory about Nero is that he is descended from Sparda but not throught Dante or Vergil.

Sparda could have had other kids between the 2000 years so he could have been descended from them.

plus we still dont know about the demon side of the family, sparda could have had a clan back in the demon world.
Has the Sparda blood been spoiled over the ages?

Mundus must knew something about those hypothetical children or he was only playing with Dante's nerves.

As for Sparda's clan, if existent, the only way I could think of them to procreate with humans, is if Mundus banished them in the human world because they reminded him of his failure. I highly think that it's an unlikely theory.

If you were referring to something else about the demon side of the family, what was it?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Mundus must knew something about those hypothetical children or he was only playing with Dante's nerves.

As for Sparda's clan, if existent, the only way I could think of them to procreate with humans, is if Mundus banished them in the human world because they reminded him of his failure. I highly think that it's an unlikely theory.

If you were referring to something else about the demon side of the family, what was it?

Either way, it does give the descendant of sparda theory more relevance and a easy out.

nah that was it as we dont really know anything about sparda, whose to say he didnt have a family back in the demon world?

D-Sparda

Either way, it does give the descendant of sparda theory more relevance and a easy out.

nah that was it as we dont really know anything about sparda, whose to say he didnt have a family back in the demon world?
True, but in the end we will never get an explanation of Nero's origins.

I don't know if Sparda had a family, but it may be possible that Nero Angelo must of hang out with them, if not on duty to serve Mundus.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
True, but in the end we will never get an explanation of Nero's origins.

I don't know if Sparda had a family, but it may be possible that Nero Angelo must of hang out with them, if not on duty to serve Mundus.

Well it depends on whether or not they were still alive when Vergil went to the demon world.

Mundus would have probably just killed them since they are a liabilty and they are either dead or they escaped or in hiding. They keep a low profile and they mostly went to other dimensions/worlds where Mundus cant find them or they went to go find Sparda and get his protection.
It would be interesting if some of them actually sold Sparda out and pledge their allegiance to mundus.

D-Sparda

Well it depends on whether or not they were still alive when Vergil went to the demon world.

Mundus would have probably just killed them since they are a liabilty and they are either dead or they escaped or in hiding. They keep a low profile and they mostly went to other dimensions/worlds where Mundus cant find them or they went to go find Sparda and get his protection.
It would be interesting if some of them actually sold Sparda out and pledge their allegiance to mundus.
Like telling the whereabouts of Eva and the children perhaps?

Dante47

Now we know a sequel to DMC serie would be very hard considering how badly the story has been neglected every since DMC 1. After DMC 1 , DMC 2s story was like a filler episode from a anime. A filler means a episode not related to the main story.

Now we all want to know Vergils story. And Dante´s story when they were teen.

Hideki Kamiya who has said that if he got chance to make another DMC game "i would do what all fans want".

In other words: If you want to see Dante and Vergils childhood and what happened to them after the murder of their murder - then the possibility of that is possible. However, it does´t seem likely Capcom will hire PG considering that PG consists of former Capcom staff.

With DMC creator i believe the story of a DMC prequel could be good. I hope for better though :) When it comes to gameplay it would require more work. For example you will need to make new character designs of Dante and Vergil as kid, and makes their moves fixed etc.
I'd like to see Dante and Vergil's childhood, but possibly from the perspective of Sparda.I'd also like to know how Sparda died. In fact, anything explaining Sparda in a prequel would be welcomed. It's possibly the most interesting part of the series and it's neglected.

Sparda literally started the whole chain of conflicts in the series. He conceived the two hell spawn children (no pun intended). As I've said, a prequel with Sparda's point of view would be sweet.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Is it possible that Sparda, at some point in time, cheated on Eva with another Woman? He is, after all, A Demon and a rather handsome Devil according to Nevan, it would have been no problem to be with any woman He wanted (remember, earth girls are easy) but due to his enduring love for Eva, was too ashamed to admit it and perhaps struck some sort of deal with the woman carrying Nero to disappear, possibly at the threat of her own Life being taken. It would explain the connection to the Sparda bloodline, and would likely explain why Nero is so different from the other brothers, being an unwanted child and all.

ZeroLove

Is it possible that Sparda, at some point in time, cheated on Eva with another Woman? He is, after all, A Demon and a rather handsome Devil according to Nevan, it would have been no problem to be with any woman He wanted (remember, earth girls are easy) but due to his enduring love for Eva, was too ashamed to admit it and perhaps struck some sort of deal with the woman carrying Nero to disappear, possibly at the threat of her own Life being taken. It would explain the connection to the Sparda bloodline, and would likely explain why Nero is so different from the other brothers, being an unwanted child and all.

Of course it is possible! But for some reason, people would like to believe Sparda is a pure and clean man who only ever had eyes for Eva and she was the first and only one. A romantic and completely unrealistic view, imo.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Of course it is possible! But for some reason, people would like to believe Sparda is a pure and clean man who only ever had eyes for Eva and she was the first and only one. A romantic and completely unrealistic view, imo.
Considering Sparta was from unpure race, he saved the humans for no raeson opther than helping them.
So a being who is supposed to be evil, saves humans, probably have genuine interest in Eva.
It's not unrealistic view. It may be in your eyes because in our modern world females and males "think" they are in love.

So i repeat: it's your opinion if it's unrealistic. It's not a fact.

ZeroLove

Considering Sparta was from unpure creature, he saved the humans for no raeson opther than helping them.
So a being who is supposed to be evil, saves humans, probably have genuine interest in Eva.

I never questioned if Sparda genuinely loved Eva, I just don't believe he never had OTHER women in the past.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
I never questioned if Sparda genuinely loved Eva, I just don't believe he never had OTHER women in the past.
That's not what Zilla is insinuating. He's saying that since Sparda was handsome (according to Nevan) he may have cheated on Eva with other humans.
And your response to that was "It is possible".
And my reply is that it's highly unlikely he cheated on Eva when they were together.

Top Bottom