• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC prequal is still there

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Now we know a sequel to DMC serie would be very hard considering how badly the story has been neglected every since DMC 1. After DMC 1 , DMC 2s story was like a filler episode from a anime. A filler means a episode not related to the main story.

Now we all want to know Vergils story. And Dante´s story when they were teen.

Hideki Kamiya who has said that if he got chance to make another DMC game "i would do what all fans want".

In other words: If you want to see Dante and Vergils childhood and what happened to them after the murder of their murder - then the possibility of that is possible. However, it does´t seem likely Capcom will hire PG considering that PG consists of former Capcom staff.

With DMC creator i believe the story of a DMC prequel could be good. I hope for better though :) When it comes to gameplay it would require more work. For example you will need to make new character designs of Dante and Vergil as kid, and makes their moves fixed etc.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
The gameplay would be great. I want a story that is excellent, since DMC1 wasn't the best at it.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Decent is not enough for me.
If you care so much for a story, then you should´t play games but watch movies or read a book.
Considering the story of DMC 1 was good and exciting gameplay then as a gamer i don´t see any reason for you to complain much. And it was on PS2.

DanteDevil01

Dante_Redgrave
One thing that I thought of before was that I noticed a lot of prequels to game series are made for the PSP. So me and one of my friends came up with an idea that it would be cool if that prequel would be the story of Sparda. I think that would be badass. And of course also one that would involve the childhood of the twins. I can also agree that DMC1 did have a good story despite the game play being old compared to DMC4.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
One thing that I thought of before was that I noticed a lot of prequels to game series are made for the PSP. So me and one of my friends came up with an idea that it would be cool if that prequel would be the story of Sparda. I think that would be badass. And of course also one that would involve the childhood of the twins. I can also agree that DMC1 did have a good story despite the game play being old compared to DMC4.

I don't see that working cause, Come on! This is Sparda, THE LEGENDARY DARK KNIGHT SPARDA! I don't think a PSP could handle all that awesome.:D

Now we know a sequel to DMC serie would be very hard considering how badly the story has been neglected every since DMC 1. After DMC 1 , DMC 2s story was like a filler episode from a anime. A filler means a episode not related to the main story.

Now we all want to know Vergils story. And Dante´s story when they were teen.

Hideki Kamiya who has said that if he got chance to make another DMC game "i would do what all fans want".

In other words: If you want to see Dante and Vergils childhood and what happened to them after the murder of their murder - then the possibility of that is possible. However, it does´t seem likely Capcom will hire PG considering that PG consists of former Capcom staff.

With DMC creator i believe the story of a DMC prequel could be good. I hope for better though :) When it comes to gameplay it would require more work. For example you will need to make new character designs of Dante and Vergil as kid, and makes their moves fixed etc.

I don't like the idea of making a game "For the fans." Because what one group of fans would like, a large group of others wouldn't. Like DMC4; some people liked the story, some didn't.

Also, I think we all know how Dante's life was from the mother's death to DMC3. It's not like Dante was rich and lived with rich foster parents. He was on the streets, until Enzo found him and "raised" him. From there we go to DMC3. Plus I don't wanna see some preteen Dante, cause it'll feel like the same old anime formula of "a teenager with great power." Might as well call it bleach at that point. (season 1, I mean) I would like to see Vergil's past though since he's only been in two games. The manga only tells a little bit of his past and you could miss it easily.
I would rather see OVA's of their past, not a whole game for it.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
If you care so much for a story, then you should´t play games but watch movies or read a book.
Considering the story of DMC 1 was good and exciting gameplay then as a gamer i don´t see any reason for you to complain much. And it was on PS2.
The first Metal Gear Solid and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain are from a generation older than the PS2 era and each of their story is better, than decent. Also, they are other PS2 titles that are in the same case. Anyway, it's not like I said that DMC1 was bad game.

ZeroLove

The first Metal Gear Solid and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain are from a generation older than the PS2 era and each of their story is better, than decent. Also, they are other PS2 titles that are in the same case. Anyway, it's not like I said that DMC1 was bad game.

Devil May Cry didn't have a good story before Devil May Cry 3. The stories in 1 and 2 are lacking, but decent enough for an action game of that time. The storyplots of the first two games were like cheesy Hollywood action flicks, but it finally got elaborate and evolved in the third game. The storyplot in the original Devil May Cry series weren't all that complicated though, it wa san easy to go by storyplot, thought with alot of plotholes.

Like you said, Metal Gear Solid and Legacy of Kain are two series with alot more elaborate and solid storyplots from game one and all through the series. There are many games/series which are NOT RPG's with alot better storyplots than Devil May Cry, such as God of War, Bayonetta, Infamous and others. I still like the storyplot of the Devil May Cry series though and I like where they are going with the storyplot of the new game as well.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why would you want a prequal?
I want to see what happened to Dante after DMC2 we need a ending to the whole series. A ending for the three boys with white hair. :)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Devil May Cry didn't have a good story before Devil May Cry 3. The stories in 1 and 2 are lacking, but decent enough for an action game of that time. The storyplots of the first two games were like cheesy Hollywood action flicks, but it finally got elaborate and evolved in the third game. The storyplot in the original Devil May Cry series weren't all that complicated though, it wa san easy to go by storyplot, thought with alot of plotholes.

Like you said, Metal Gear Solid and Legacy of Kain are two series with alot more elaborate and solid storyplots from game one and all through the series. There are many games/series which are NOT RPG's with alot better storyplots than Devil May Cry, such as God of War, Bayonetta, Infamous and others. I still like the storyplot of the Devil May Cry series though and I like where they are going with the storyplot of the new game as well.

You forgot Kingdom Hearts.^_^

ZeroLove

You forgot Kingdom Hearts.^_^

I didn't forget, but the list would be too long if I had to put in all the games I know with a better storyplot than Devil May Cry. :p
And Kingdom Hearts storyplot might be too elaborate even, it is so confusing and so not tied together properly.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I didn't forget, but the list would be too long if I had to put in all the games I know with a better storyplot than Devil May Cry. :p
And Kingdom Hearts storyplot might be too elaborate even, it is so confusing and so not tied together properly.
KH story was good, but than it got odd...
If Capcom gave a solid ending to DMC, where it gave a proper ending for Dante, Nero and etc than DMC would have a decent story.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
lol don't worry, this isn't some competition. ^^
I'm just saying Capcom haven't put enough energy into telling a good story in the DMC series. It's alright, but nothing special, imo.
Capcom has left many series with no proper endings. DMC and Megaman comes to mind. They don't finish what they start.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
All i need is a goddamn OVA that will retell the story of DMC but having the story make more sense.
Something like Hellsing Ultimate and kara no kyoukai movies and in this OVA,the past of the sparda family will be revealed.

Now if you guys would excuse me.....

ZeroLove

Capcom has left many series with no proper endings. DMC and Megaman comes to mind. They don't finish what they start.

Megaman Zero. 4 games that tells a complete story.
Most Megaman games have a storyline per game, they are just consistent to one another. There's not really anything to end. Like the Mario games.

Top Bottom