• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Speaking of Bloody, When are they going to show us some Bloody Palace gameplays? That and Vergil's DLC are the most things i'm excited to play.

You know what's funny, that "Stylish Victory" secret mission looks like it takes place in the Bloody Palace; a large circular platform, with a swirling pool of red underneath it. That's just my guess though >.<

chocolatepanda

Wait, so there's a full devil trigger?
We're not entirely sure what the form is. Might be his true hybrid form or a demon form(which wouldnt make sense to me since that would mean he would need angel form too) or just a pic with no real meaning behind it.

The game was done a while back. It was do for release this year, the push back wasn't do to development, it was a corporate move to place it on a better selling slot.
Its a good thing they pushed it back since it has quite a few bugs left to fix.

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...
I keep playing the demo on Nephilim and Son of Sparda and it's too easy :( and in the full game on the first playthrough the most difficult will be Nephilim and it's like normal difficulty.....it would be nice to be like DMC 1 and 3 :/

chocolatepanda

I keep playing the demo on Nephilim and Son of Sparda and it's too easy :( and in the full game on the first playthrough the most difficult will be Nephilim and it's like normal difficulty.....it would be nice to be like DMC 1 and 3 :/
At first i thought SoS was hard but one i got used to it i think its pretty easy now. The challenge for me is to not lose my style rank by getting hit by the freakin archer babies.

thanashs

At first i thought SoS was hard but one i got used to it i think its pretty easy now. The challenge for me is to not lose my style rank by getting hit by the freakin archer babies.
Imagine you say that SoS is easy after you get used to it...on your first playthrough the harder in Nephilim which is very easy :/

chocolatepanda

Imagine you say that SoS is easy after you get used to it...on your first playthrough the harder in Nephilim which is very easy
I thought SoS was hard the 1st time i played because of the freakin harpies nothin else really hit me besides the babies. On second try on SoS i tried the angel lift on the harpies which made that game a whole lots easier and now i dont worry about dying just losing my style rank from babies and some times the hell knights AoE attack.
So slow learners and buttons mashers would have a hard time on SoS.

thanashs

I thought SoS was hard the 1st time i played because of the freakin harpies nothin else really hit me besides the babies. On second try on SoS i tried the angel lift on the harpies which made that game a whole lots easier and now i dont worry about dying just losing my style rank from babies and some times the hell knights AoE attack.
So slow learners and buttons mashers would have a hard time on SoS.
Yes but you don't have SoS from the beggining you unlock it...so that means that on Nephilim difficulty we'll finish the game in 7 to 8 hours on our first playthrough...;/ i'm looking forward for Heaven or Hell difficulty !

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Finally got to play through the demo again (trying to work my way up through the difficulties) and I'm kinda mixed on the secret missions. On one hand, they annoy the hell outta me because of the timer and how tough they were (for me, anyway) but, on the other hand, I like that they're tough unlike most of the other DMC's secret missions. :/ I mean...DMC1 is the only one of the other games where I actually felt accomplished if I managed to complete a mission, and now this one is doing the same.... Anyone else got mixed thoughts on the ost, though? :S

(I'm also embarassing myself by squeeing like a manic everytime they show Vergie. :blush:)

chocolatepanda

Yes but you don't have SoS from the beggining you unlock it...so that means that on Nephilim difficulty we'll finish the game in 7 to 8 hours on our first playthrough...;/ i'm looking forward for Heaven or Hell difficulty !​

well for noobs the harpies will still beat em down and i think u meant Hell or Hell since everything dies in one hit in Heaven or Hell. I curious about DmD so i can see if enemies still have a DT like state or power up or something.​

thanashs

well for noobs the harpies will still beat em down and i think u meant Hell or Hell since everything dies in one hit in Heaven or Hell. I curious about DmD so i can see if enemies still have a DT like state or power up or something.
Hell and Hell is simply unbeatable man....

crush

well for noobs the harpies will still beat em down and i think u meant Hell or Hell since everything dies in one hit in Heaven or Hell. I curious about DmD so i can see if enemies still have a DT like state or power up or something.

To make quick disposal of harpies the key element is after using lift, after hitting it a few times you should use helm breaker to bring it down. (Not drop, since the harpie will get loose) After bringing the harpie down use your ground combos or arbiter's drop or tremor and try not to let the harpie get away in the sky.
After I found this out it seems DmC is not all air combat.

chocolatepanda

To make quick disposal of harpies the key element is after using lift, after hitting it a few times you should use helm breaker to bring it down. (Not drop, since the harpie will get loose) After bringing the harpie down use your ground combos or arbiter's drop or tremor and try not to let the harpie get away in the sky.
After I found this out it seems DmC is not all air combat.
I know how to beat em im just saying people who button mash wont figure that out fast enough.

HKDJ

There's a couple of things I don't like about the game. I know this is a reboot, but It doesn't feel like a DMC game and I really miss the style switching. Overall, I do like the game and it will be a day 1 purchase for me. I'm looking forward to it.

Here's some of my game play on SoS. I almost had a no hurt run, but those little flying baby things slipped passed one of my attacks and got a sneaky hit in.

Top Bottom