• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC is 99% dead

GF9000000Returns

All I have to say is this; if DmC sells well, then hello DmC and goodbye DMC. If DMC4 could've sold well to Capcom expections, it'd be vice-versa.

VergilNeroDante

All I have to say is this; if DmC sells well, then hello DmC and goodbye DMC. If DMC4 could've sold well to Capcom expections, it'd be vice-versa.

Well for you, you might hate the original but thats you and no one else. If they would have explained in DMC 4, I'm sure the sell would have been better sure they were lazy and idiotic but that doesn't mean that things could have been explained alot more with all the plothole at hand. Explaining things is what keeps people interested.

Valcorn

DMC4 was simply an unfinished product, a lot of gameplay and story elements cut before release. Hell, I'd even buy an expansion to it after these years.

Nelo The Great

Well for you, you might hate the original but thats you and no one else. If they would have explained in DMC 4, I'm sure the sell would have been better sure they were lazy and idiotic but that doesn't mean that things could have been explained alot more with all the plothole at hand. Explaining things is what keeps people interested.
It's not that i hated the originals, it's that they could've been soo much bettter if handled in the right hands.

Azurel

Bro it's not too late late for the DMC series to be handed in the right hands.

It'll happen. It took Mega Man X Street Fighter a while to be made, but it happened. All we have to do is wait. Besides, you can always collaborate with others and help create a classic DMC game (I'm being serious, here). All it takes is time, and patience.

Nelo The Great

i have a goal to re-make many of capcom's games... their games introduce great concepts that usually tend to get overshadowed by the bad conveyance and overall feel of the games.

Azurel

i have a goal to re-make many of capcom's games... their games introduce great concepts that usually tend to get overshadowed by the bad conveyance and overall feel of the games.

That's a noble goal.

Here's an idea (I'm 100% serious now).

Have a Kickstarter. And merely copy Capcom's ideas and put them in your own original IP. If your game is legitimately registered as non-profit (you have to give it away for free for this to work) then, Capcom legally cannot sue you. The most they can do is send you a "cease-and-desist".

Maybe if you played your cards right, you might be able to get away with it without being non-profit. How many games have copied the DMC3 combat mechanics? A lot. If those companies can make money, why can't you?

WARNING

Your games will have to have extremely bad graphics. Look, just make everything cel-shaded so that you don't have to install textures and that the graphics in your games will age gracefully. It's kind of a cop-out to have all your games with cel-shading, but it's one of the easiest paths to take. That, and you'll be able to keep a constant 60fps in all of your games.

However, cel-shaded or not, they must have bad graphics in order to maintain 60 fps. Not even a Kickstarter can give you the kind of money you need to make your action game big and look "perfect" all the while.

Your game must be small (it doesn't have to be linear -- even a "Metroid-like" environment can be somewhat small) and have low-end visuals. Just stylize the graphics in some way (hire a damn good artist), keep your game small (get a good level designer too), and you'll be set.

Nelo The Great

That's a noble goal.

Here's an idea (I'm 100% serious now).

Have a Kickstarter. And merely copy Capcom's ideas and put them in your own original IP. If your game is legitimately registered as non-profit (you have to give it away for free for this to work) then, Capcom legally cannot sue you. The most they can do is send you a "cease-and-desist".

Maybe if you played your cards right, you might be able to get away with it without being non-profit. How many games have copied the DMC3 combat mechanics? A lot. If those companies can make money, why can't you?

WARNING

Your games will have to have extremely bad graphics. Look, just make everything cel-shaded so that you don't have to install textures and that the graphics in your games will age gracefully. It's kind of a cop-out to have all your games with cel-shading, but it's one of the easiest paths to take. That, and you'll be able to keep a constant 60fps in all of your games.

However, cel-shaded or not, they must have bad graphics in order to maintain 60 fps. Not even a Kickstarter can give you the kind of money you need to make your action game big and look "perfect" all the while.

Your game must be small (it doesn't have to be linear -- even a "Metroid-like" environment can be somewhat small) and have low-end visuals. Just stylize the graphics in some way (hire a damn good artist), keep your game small (get a good level designer too), and you'll be set.
I've actually been contemplating the idea of making a cel-shaded 3D fighting game based off of the show 'The Boondocks' using some of the concepts introduces in Final fight streetwise, and more importantly, Beatdown, but i'm also going to introduce my own concepts as well...

hek7ic

The fact this game even happened is awesome in my eyes. The fact that it's streamlined more to cater to the casual crowd doesnt really bother me. I guess thats because of the psycho difficulty levels they put in to balance it out.

Janoosen

Dark Slayer

Let me rephrase that. A part of my soul will die for the sake of DmC fans if NT writers are in charge of the next game.

I don't like the game and I don't plan on buying it nor any future DmC game that NT is involved with, but so long as the NT writers are kept away from the script I think DmC will do just fine. The NT writers' script for DmC was so horrible the writers for Heavenly Sword and Enslaved thrashed it and redid the script from the ground up. So "I think a part of my soul just died" was meant more as "I'm seriously worried". I just didn't know how to properly convey that at the time due to being extremely tired and I don't function very well when I'm tired.

TL;DR I wrote something but meant something else, it happens occasionally.

Nelo The Great

Let me rephrase that. A part of my soul will die for the sake of DmC fans if NT writers are in charge of the next game.

I don't like the game and I don't plan on buying it nor any future DmC game that NT is involved with, but so long as the NT writers are kept away from the script I think DmC will do just fine. The NT writers' script for DmC was so horrible the writers for Heavenly Sword and Enslaved thrashed it and redid the script from the ground up. So "I think a part of my soul just died" was meant more as "I'm seriously worried". I just didn't know how to properly convey that at the time due to being extremely tired and I don't function very well when I'm tired.

TL;DR I wrote something but meant something else, it happens occasionally.
Oh. i thought it was something i said, but i feel the same way

InJoshtice

Official DmC FANBOY
After finishing DmC I couldn't help but think "I don't want another DMC, I want another DmC" , I think Nostalgia is whats clouding some peoples judgement. I don't see why people care so much, The franchise was dead way before DmC

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
After finishing DmC I couldn't help but think "I don't want another DMC, I want another DmC" , I think Nostalgia is whats clouding some peoples judgement. I don't see why people care so much, The franchise was dead way before DmC

I hope we get another DmC, otherwise the cliffhanger at the end is for nothing.

Top Bottom