• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC is 99% dead

Dominus

DD2 being developed by the DMC team probably assures DmC2. I think about all my favorite games have been neutered by mediocre sequels meant to appeal to the mainstream, good times.....

Azurel

I'm assuming the Sig is Reboot Dante fighting Vergil

It's Reboot Dante fighting one of the monsters in the game. I also thought it was Vergil, until someone pointed out to me that it wasn't. A disappointment yes, but hopefully the Vergil battle will be just as flashy.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's Reboot Dante fighting one of the monsters in the game.
Yep, it's a Drakovec demon fought in the nightclub level. But it does look like Vergil fighting until you look up close.

ZeroLove

When I read the article, I thought "Hey, it's nice to see that their cooperation has been so good that they have both benefitted from it and that it means they will make more cool games together in the future", but not once did I think "Well, this must mean DMC5 won't ever happen"... Because NOT ONCE is it implied in the article that it is the end of the original series.

aoshi

Its funny they mention itsuno co-operated a lot. Itsuno does not know english and sure as hell ninja theory do not know japenese or atleast needed a translator for sure. There can be a thousand creative differences even with common medium of speech(language) and when it is absent , it could lead a ton of creative differences. I wonder did they ever solve them or itsuno jus abandon DMC.

Nekodark

Its funny they mention itsuno co-operated a lot. Itsuno does not know english and sure as hell ninja theory do not know japenese or atleast needed a translator for sure. There can be a thousand creative differences even with common medium of speech(language) and when it is absent , it could lead a ton of creative differences. I wonder did they ever solve them or itsuno jus abandon DMC.

I am pretty sure they had translators..

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well f*ck. Well I will enjoy what entertainment I have with the original since I'm not getting the reboot. Capcom you suck and f*ck you for the poor deisicons you made (not referring to the reboot but for the reason for not being a better company)

I feel they should give Kamiya the rights to the original. Since they are throwing it out. If I could travel to Japan I would beat the sh*t out of the people there. They need a good foot in the ass.
You're a little too fanatical. Chill dude.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
There isn't really a need for any game but if DmC is successful (and it probably will be) then DmC2 would be a good idea.

Agree, it's what just what happens in the gaming industry. If a game booms then a sequel is inevitable. There prob will be a DmC2 and DMC5 aswell (bringing the release date nearer aha).

Valcorn

DMC is dead since 2009-10, sad people are starting to realize so just now.
DmC2 will definitely be the next game, and even if DMC5 were to happen with Jesus's 2nd coming, then in 2018-2019... a decade after DMC4? Not gonna happen, and if yes, then I won't be interested by that time.
The word reboot means restart, people still deny it because they are delusional and can't accept the fact that something is gone.

ZeroLove

Hope, people... Don't be so pessimistic. Nothing has been confirmed yet. Cling on to hope until it has completely perished.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Also also agree with ZeroLove. Nothings happened yet.

DmC comes out Tuesday, let's all just play deep into the game and then see what we properly think.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Till there is official confimation, I'm staying positive.
But, what kind of DMC5 do you guys want. For example, would it still be DMC for you all if Dante had a different vioce actor? Would you only want DMC5 if was voiced by the same person?
Just curious.:)

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
But, what kind of DMC5 do you guys want. For example, would it still be DMC for you all if Dante had a different vioce actor? Would you only want DMC5 if was voiced by the same person?
Reuben Langdon all the way.

VergilNeroDante

Honestly bro, I would like a explaination about everything that was left out. We weren't given full confirmation if Vergil was actually dead, just because things were told that the Angelo armor pieces were created by the Dark Angel doesn't neccessarly mean he is dead. How the Order came in hands with Yamato, Nero's origin, the plotholes in just about every game, explained. These things seriously needed to be addressed and so that we could rest our little heads on the matter. I want a DMC 5 to be where things are explained rather than beating around the bush. Vergil's return and how he survived, Nero's background explained and how is he related to Sparda, Mundus returned stronger than ever. Just alot of s*hit that was left out and not explained. Oh and the original voice actors for their characters because they fit them perfectly. :)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Agreeing with the game needing to include explaination. I really want to know more about Nero and where he came from. The guy had potential, but for me, Nero was a wasted character.

As for Dante, I don't know if I could accept a DMC5 without Reuben voicing Dante. I'm so used to him being Dante, heck, he even dressed up as Dante for a DMC3 commerical. It's like the guy is Dante.

Nelo The Great

The fact that capcom says that they know they're going in the right direction has me seriously worried about DmC. Capcom is terrible at descision making, as well as they ruin every new IP they bring to the surface which leads for the good qualities to forever be overshadowed.... they've displayed this mostly over the last decade...

Top Bottom