• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC is 99% dead

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Frack NO! I do not wann'a see that happen again
Agreeing with that 100%. I came here to be in a community that likes DMC and be able to discuss it with fans. I don't want it fading like Devil's lair.

Azurel

There isn't really a need for any game but if DmC is successful (and it probably will be) then DmC2 would be a good idea.

As long as there's a good story, I wouldn't mind seeing DmC 2. But... be careful what you wish for...

This console generation is ending. That, combined with the fact that DmC took maybe 4 years to make in total... well, you'll most likely have to buy a new console for that to happen. Not to mention, that that's probably the only way they can create the Limbo world and have 60 frames per second at the same time as well.

Having said all that, there's no guarantee that the next game will be better (or even as good) as this one. All we can do is hope against hope at this point.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Having said all that, there's no guarantee that the next game will be better (or even as good) as this one. All we can do is hope against hope at this point.
For me it seems like NT has put everything they have in terms of art style and design, so I don't know if they would be able to do the same for a sequel.

VergilNeroDante

I'm kinda lost, which DMC are we talking about. The original or reboot or both. What about DMC in 2015-2016 (which ever one it is) That thread kinda didn't tell everything we need to know. Someone please state on this.

VergilNeroDante

Well f*ck. Well I will enjoy what entertainment I have with the original since I'm not getting the reboot. Capcom you suck and f*ck you for the poor deisicons you made (not referring to the reboot but for the reason for not being a better company)

I feel they should give Kamiya the rights to the original. Since they are throwing it out. If I could travel to Japan I would beat the sh*t out of the people there. They need a good foot in the ass.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I feel they should give Kamiya the rights to the original. Since they are throwing it out. If I could travel to Japan I would beat the sh*t out of the people there.
They could had over the rights to Kamiya, but as he was gone by the time DMC2 was out, plus the bad blood between them, I doubt Capcom would be so generous.
Also, beating up people in Japan would do no good. It would just add to the 'violent Gaijin' stereotype. :p

VergilNeroDante

They could had over the rights to Kamiya, but as he was gone by the time DMC2 was out, plus the bad blood between them, I doubt Capcom would be so generous.
Also, beating up people in Japan would do no good. It would just add to the 'violent Gaijin' stereotype. :p

Even so a good foot is needed. For as much potential the original still has, they are throwing it out like it was nothing and not important. To the original fans that would like to see the original continue now won't get that chance, will be enraged even more, thus throwing the DMC population down even lower. D*ick Move Capcom if you ask me. Not a smart plan just because they can't do a great story telling, learning from NT could have helped that but I guess now we will never know since they are f*cking stupid and praise NT feet like they are gods.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well f*ck. Well I will enjoy what entertainment I have with the original since I'm not getting the reboot. Capcom you suck and f*ck you for the poor deisicons you made (not referring to the reboot but for the reason for not being a better company)

I feel they should give Kamiya the rights to the original. Since they are throwing it out. If I could travel to Japan I would beat the sh*t out of the people there. They need a good foot in the ass.
1.Capcom is not throwing out DMC, the name of the thread is just an overreaction to Capcom expressing a positive opinion of NT
2.Kamiya was just the director ( just one of the many people involved in making the game) of the first game (the one made over a decade ago that has very little to do with the current state of the series.) There is no reason for Kamiya to have the rights to the series .
3. Threats and inappropriate language are not the right way to express opinions.

VergilNeroDante

1.Capcom is not throwing out DMC, the name of the thread is just an overreaction to Capcom expressing a positive opinion of NT
2.Kamiya was just the director ( just one of the many people involved in making the game) of the first game (the one made over a decade ago that has very little to do with the current state of the series.) There is no reason for Kamiya to have the rights to the series .
3. Threats and inappropriate language are not the right way to express opinions.

Well some of the threats are deserved towards Capcom. Because we all know they suck. Regardless of what anyone could say.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I guess now we will never know since they are f*cking stupid and praise NT feet like they are gods.
That is what Japanese business is like. They talk down their own company and be humble while praising the compay that has helped them.
NT have given them advice on style and story telling. Capcom are better off taking those ideas and using them in future projects. That's why they contracted NT in the first place was to learn. They should now use the new knowledge that they have and keep up relations with NT if they want to.

Well some of the threats are deserved towards Capcom.
Then Capcom will think the fans are all nuts if they are being threatened.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well some of the threats are deserved towards Capcom. Because we all know they suck. Regardless of what anyone could say.
1.If you genuinely believe that threats of violence towards someone because they made a business decision you don't like is appropriate behavor than you genuinely need therapy (that is not an attempt to insult you, I am completely serious if that is what you really think seek professional help for your own good.)
2.you seem to have ignored the main focus of my post.

Dante47

I don't see how it's dead.
Ever thought that Ninja Theory could be brought in for creative story telling consulting for Devil May Cry 5 whilst Capcom Developers continue to help Ninja Theory improve combat in DmC2?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The old stuff as you know it is dead, unless CAPCOM ever feel inclined to give things the REmake treatment

If people demanded more of the old stuff, we would have it. But too many want DmC. Therefore that is what we will get

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Well f*ck. Capcom you suck and f*ck you for the poor deisicons you made (not referring to the reboot but for the reason for not being a better company)

If I could travel to Japan I would beat the sh*t out of the people there. They need a good foot in the ass.
«Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.»

Reactions: V

VergilNeroDante

1.If you genuinely believe that threats of violence towards someone because they made a business decision you don't like is appropriate behavor than you genuinely need therapy (that is not an attempt to insult you, I am completely serious if that is what you really think seek professional help for your own good.)
2.you seem to have ignored the main focus of my post.

None taken, reason for those useless threats is because Capcom is literally stupid and I hate them for it and their crappy reasons for not letting us in on things rather than explaining and beating around the bush. That said they better, God forbid, BETTER use the knowledge they gained from NT to make up for the half-assed DMC games (DMC 2 and DMC 4) and make it and explain alot of stuff that they left out rather than explaining. At times I wish I could travel over to Japan and NCIS Gibbs them in the head for the lazy crap they have done lately.

Top Bottom