• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC is 99% dead

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Maybe it's not the end for DMC. They could be working with NT on a different game. All that was said in the article is that they are wanting to work together; nothing was said about DMC being over, and nothing was said about a DmC sequel.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Maybe it's not the end for DMC. They could be working with NT on a different game. All that was said in the article is that they are wanting to work together; nothing was said about DMC being over, and nothing was said about a DmC sequel.

This is "That company" we're talking about, they can't/don't make good decisions.

Azurel

Well isn't this a cheery topic. Oh well. Hopefully, there will be another action game out there like this one.... with a big enough fanbase... with a good site that defends itself against trolls...

Yup. We're screwed.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Well isn't this a cheery topic. Oh well. Hopefully, there will be another action game out there like this one.... with a big enough fanbase... with a good site that defends itself against trolls...

Yup. We're screwed.
Screwed? How?

Azurel

Screwed? How?

Chances of all that happening as it did with DMC are actually slim to nil, despite the size of the internet.

Case in point: Persona 4

There's a site called Mayonaka Midnight. It's a good site, with divided sections for each Persona games, it's spinoffs, and a section for the regional fighters themselves in P4 Arena.

However, despite the fact that there is:

Persona 3

Persona 3 FES

Persona 4

Persona 4 Arena

Persona 4 Golden

And, I'm only including this because they both had re-releases on the PSP, Persona 1, and the completed edition of Persona 2, considered to be the "best" out of the "Old-School Persona Purists" (think Old -- I mean, Original DMC).

Granted, P1 and P2 Duology didn't sell that well, because niche rpgs already have a hard enough time on the sales charts as it is. A lot of people were completely unaware of P4 before the anime came out on the web and the tumblr blogs started talking about them (a lot more, I mean). The fighting game and enhanced port of P4 only served to solidify and expand that fanbase. However, as "bad" as this "mainstreaming" practice was, it was still a necessity to reach out to new audiences.

I for one, am very glad to have "Status Afflictions" in my fighting games. They gave the both fighting (and action) games (such as Symphony of the Night) some much needed depth.

Now, with all that, with all the other 8 Shin Megami Tensei games released, why aren't there more people on that site? It's like a ghost town over there.

I'm not saying this will happen to the next good action game, but if I can't find a decent forum for the:

Batman: Arkham Series

Darksiders Series

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

Why would it happen this time around? Despite the size of the internet, and despite the fact that niche audiences are being built every day for new shows/movies/games/comics/manga all the time, I honestly don't think that a decent enough fanbase would built to anything remotely close to what we have here at dmc . org.

By the way: To the moderators...

Thanks for keeping this site alive.

Remember what happened to the Devil's Lair forum? I do not want that to happen here.

Azurel

Well that's just plain sad, will someone justify how DMC is almost dead?...

The word in question should have been in apostrophes. DMC is "Dead". Like that. But only in the sense that there will be nothing in the near future other than reviews, combo vids, amvs, fanfictions, and the occasional tournament.

Yeah, it sounds like a lot now, but I've been through the aftermath of both DMC3 and 4. Once all the new material stops flooding in, things start to dry up fast...

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Chances of all that happening as it did with DMC are actually slim to nil, despite the size of the internet.

Case in point: Persona 4

There's a site called Mayonaka Midnight. It's a good site, with divided sections for each Persona games, it's spinoffs, and a section for the regional fighters themselves in P4 Arena.

However, despite the fact that there is:

Persona 3

Persona 3 FES

Persona 4

Persona 4 Arena

Persona 4 Golden

And, I'm only including this because they both had re-releases on the PSP, Persona 1, and the completed edition of Persona 2, considered to be the "best" out of the "Old-School Persona Purists" (think Old -- I mean, Original DMC).

Granted, P1 and P2 Duology didn't sell that well, because niche rpgs already have a hard enough time on the sales charts as it is. A lot of people were completely unaware of P4 before the anime came out on the web and the tumblr blogs started talking about them (a lot more, I mean). The fighting game and enhanced port of P4 only served to solidify and expand that fanbase. However, as "bad" as this "mainstreaming" practice was, it was still a necessity to reach out to new audiences.

I for one, am very glad to have "Status Afflictions" in my fighting games. They gave the both fighting (and action) games (such as Symphony of the Night) some much needed depth.

Now, with all that, with all the other 8 Shin Megami Tensei games released, why aren't there more people on that site? It's like a ghost town over there.

I'm not saying this will happen to the next good action game, but if I can't find a decent forum for the:

Batman: Arkham Series

Darksiders Series

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

Why would it happen this time around? Despite the size of the internet, and despite the fact that niche audiences are being built every day for new shows/movies/games/comics/manga all the time, I honestly don't think that a decent enough fanbase would built to anything remotely close to what we have here at dmc . org.

By the way: To the moderators...

Thanks for keeping this site alive.

Remember what happened to the Devil's Lair forum? I do not want that to happen here.
I see.

Apparently, Devil's Lair forum had a grim end.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
The word in question should have been in apostrophes. DMC is "Dead". Like that. But only in the sense that there will be nothing in the near future other than reviews, combo vids, amvs, fanfictions, and the occasional tournament.

Yeah, it sounds like a lot now, but I've been through the aftermath of both DMC3 and 4. Once all the new material stops flooding in, things start to dry up fast...
Great, overly disappointed now....
Yes, they might as well have said it was dead...
What a game killer...

Azurel

Great, overly disappointed now....
Yes, they might as well have said it was dead...
What a game killer...

No kidding. I weep for you. I weep for all of us.

Hopefully the admins of this site can make another when a game that rivals DMC3 (in action and gameplay terms, not necessarily story terms) comes out.

No, not Bayonetta 2. Something that doesn't involve the protagonist gyrating and dancing on a pole...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
There is no need to be pessimistic about this. This means that there is a high chance of DmC2 but that does not mean that DMC5 can't happen (it may not happen immediately but it is always possible and if we are really lucky Capcom will decide to develop both simultaneously)

Azurel

There is no need to be pessimistic about this. This means that there is a high chance of DmC2 but that does not mean that DMC5 can't happen (it may not happen immediately but it is always possible and if we are really lucky Capcom will decide to develop both simultaneously)

I'll share your optimism... for now. I just wish other games had as active forums as this one... :(

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

Frack NO! I do not wann'a see that happen again after I just got back here not too long ago. DMC.org has been the safe haven for DMC fans since '05, I don't wann'a see it die like Devil's Lair did.

Azurel

Frack NO! I do not wann'a see that happen again after I just got back here not too long ago. DMC.org has been the safe haven for DMC fans since '05, I don't wann'a see it die like Devil's Lair did.

Pray that it won't Redgrave... pray that it won't.

Top Bottom