• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Fiasco At the Final Stage

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

So after 2 years of the game's release we can finally say the conflict, all the fighting, etc has come to its final stage.....that is if Capcom announces DmC2 instead of DMC5...although that wouldn't be all that bad.

Anyway is Jim right? Does this seem like the end for DmC?

Goldsickle

After reading about a decade's worth of Capcom's development history with Resident Evil, I can no longer think that "everything's about the sales".

If the company's development history taught me anything is that the staff are always trying something new.
They have several people working under the company and everyone has their own personal belief or idea that they'd like to try out if they get directorial roles or if the ones in charge are willing to lend an ear.

While sales is still a major factor but it's still just a factor.

Heck, Devil May Cry existed because Hideki Kamiya personally believed in going the action route for Resident Evil and dislikes puzzles.

I'll stick with my stance that a game company can take any direction they want.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Interesting video, I pretty much agree with him, except when he talks about the bosses.

On a side note, I've heard quite a few people hating on this guy, Jim Sterling... but he seems ok to me.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Interesting video, I pretty much agree with him, except when he talks about the bosses.

On a side note, I've heard quite a few people hating on this guy, Jim Sterling... but he seems ok to me.
Jim's a good dude. He makes a lot of good points in his videos and was one of the few reasons to visit the Escapist every week. Now, it's just Yahtzee.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It may be for a while before we get DmC2 since Capcom and NT have moved on towards other projects but who really knows what Capcom eventually decides to do as they tend to be very mercurial.

So its up in the air to me.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
"Devil May Cry isn't taking itself seriously..."
You might want to have a word with the developers, because between the rain-drenched, choir-infested confrontations of DMC3 and the over-dramatic bishonen escapades of DMC4---not to mention Hideaki Itsuno spending the majority of dev interviews promoting DMC for its "deep and enthralling character relationships", and a story so legitimate that "it could easily pass off as a serious Hollywood production"---I'm fairly certain that the series is taking itself suicidally-seriously.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
It may be for a while before we get DmC2 since Capcom and NT have moved on towards other projects but who really knows what Capcom eventually decides to do as they tend to be very mercurial.

So its up in the air to me.

I'll personally never rule it out unless Capcom specifically tells us that it's never going to happen.

But I'm half-expecting that by the time the sequel arrives (if it does) I'll also have a child or two on the side.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Thank god someone said it. DmC has been about for five years now and I think its finally about time that we bury the hatchet and let the modesty slowly sink back in.

DmC is and will always be Devil May Cry. That's something no fan or anyone in the fanbase will ever be able to change. DmC still follows the elements of Devil May Cry as Jim has said. The over-the-topness, the larger then life demons, a swaggering protaganist who has an eye for the ladies but a bullet for the demons, and it's a hack n slash game that allows you to do wicked combos. That's Devil May Cry in any merit of the name.

After five years, there are still people who insist that its not a good Devil May Cry game, but really it's every bit as Devil May Cry as any of the other ones. Just in an alternate universe and alternate ways to do the same moves as past games. Despite the outter appearence of Dante (Let's not try to fool ourselves, that was the biggest thing) it's still Dante.

As for the future of the franchise, only time will tell. But one thing is certain; if both Definitive AND Special Edition don't do well, then there will literally be NO. MORE. Devil May Cry of neither series. But we're all too busy arguing over which Dante has the biggest cum stain that it's almost childishly laughable.

But DmC is done and had its time in the light. I won't forget the fun I had with it and will certainly play it over and over. Of course I'll also still look forward to DMC4: SE. I won't buy it, but I will see how it is.

Lani

I'll personally never rule it out unless Capcom specifically tells us that it's never going to happen.

But I'm half-expecting that by the time the sequel arrives (if it does) I'll also have a child or two on the side.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this as much as I'd like a DmC2 within the next five years.

Top Bottom