• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC director didn't ask the designers to make Dante look like him

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The only thing I said was that he has not given me any reason to trust and believe every word he spills out to us. Its ok if you guys believe and trust this guy so completely, but I just have a different way of looking at things I suppose...

Don't get me wrong, I'm skeptical of much of what he says too. I just think that this really isn't something that needs lying about.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
And I'm not the one posting towards everyone who does not trust his beloved Tameen.

Your the one who posted towards me trying to defend Tameen as if you know him personally or something.

Like I said earlier, its ok if you guys want to trust and believe every word tameen says to you, I'm different than that.

Quit trying to turn this into a heated argument and just move on and stop replying to me. Its that simple.
Well its not like we are offtopic because the topic is about how much you believed he was indeed Tameem looking like Dante. So i'll reply as long as this LAME argument is still here.
I'm not defending Tameem at all because I wouldn't care either way, if he did make dante to look like him, or he didn't do it. He said he didn't and u can't believe him. What else does he have to do to make you believe he is not Dante?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
. So i'll reply as long as this LAME argument is still here.

If its so lame than why are you even replying to me or commenting on it?

Are you that intent on starting up a argument that you would intentionally try to single me out because of my opinion and hassle me?

Get over it dude, my opinion is different than yours, this conversation will go no where.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I think Tameems statement didn't really go anywhere. And thats obvious.
I hope he finally apologizes to all the fans for saying the old Dante isn't cool. Because then i would believe him

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
just think, if they need a model for the new Vergil, all Tamtam (i love that) has gotta do is spike his hair :p (that's not taking the mickey, that's the truth.)

Deny all you want tameem... the fans aren't as stupid as you think.

Tiran

The great pretender.
just think, if they need a model for the new Vergil, all Tamtam (i love that) has gotta do is spike his hair :p (that's not taking the mickey, that's the truth.)

Deny all you want tameem... the fans aren't as stupid as you think.
Actually, many have proven to be quite dumber than I'd anticipated.

All the arguing, finger pointing, morality judging and conspiracy theories directed towards the development of this video game... I notice we only accept things when they are going our way and otherwise completley refuse to believe or accept the the soundest most rational possibilities. Or give positive benefit of doubt when a battle isn't worth it. I don't care about fan-boys weak little feelings or the rallying cry of youbers telling me that the 'big bad' companies think I'm a sheep so I should use my brain and... AGREE WITH EXACTLY WHAT THEY TELL ME, OR I'M AN IDIOT. So, the game you want isn't being made this time? Big deal. You've had four. Do you know how long I've had to wait for this to happen?! ...And there's still a chance it may suck (like two of the previous did). However, I do believe there is a creative spark- a real reason this is being made. This isn't just to spite fans.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The only thing i really want to know about Tameem is absolutely nothing. I have no big reason to want to know anything about the guy. Although i do appreciate his work. I've never been compelled to buy or not buy a game because of the game creator. That just doesn't pop up in my mind when i'm walking around in gamestop, or buying online.
I just couldn't careless about that.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Actually, many have proven to be quite dumber than I'd anticipated.

All the arguing, finger pointing, morality judging and conspiracy theories directed towards the development of this video game

And the other side doesn't have any of that?

... I notice we only accept things when they are going our way and otherwise completley refuse to believe or accept the the soundest most rational possibilities. Or give positive benefit of doubt when a battle isn't worth it.

Not all of us, some of us perceive things a certain way and if it doesn't make sense or add up to us then we don't agree with it regardless of what people are debating about. That's why there are debates in the first place, people look at things differently.

I don't care about fan-boys weak little feelings or the rallying cry of youbers telling me that the 'big bad' companies think I'm a sheep so I should use my brain and... AGREE WITH EXACTLY WHAT THEY TELL ME, OR I'M AN IDIOT.

Weak little feelings? Prohaps such can be said for the people that support this game and get bent out of shape with people who don't like the game even if they have provided good explanations for why don't feel the same way about the game. I've have seen hostle "fan and rallying cries from DmC fans as well as DMC fans. It's not just DMC fans

It's no secret that big companies in general have a tendecy to be full of crap and bs their consumers in order to increase sales. But im not one of the ones that are gonna call people idiots for wanting to buy this game. As for the sheep thing, correct me if im wrong, but I believe there was an issue with the producers or somebody from the team saying that the fans were sheeple.

So, the game you want isn't being made this time? Big deal. You've had four. Do you know how long I've had to wait for this to happen?! ...And there's still a chance it may suck (like two of the previous did). However, I do believe there is a creative spark- a real reason this is being made. This isn't just to spite fans.

It may not be a big deal to some people, like I said everyone looks at things a different way, but to alot of fans it IS a big deal. Not in a way that it will end our lives or anything like that. But changing something or someone that's grow on you and calling it the same thing has always had a tendacy to tick some people off regardless of how many DMC games there are.

I come to the DmC forum because im curious about some of the things they're up to with this game (As I don't completely dispise it.) and it's always good to be up to date, so im not here to bash Nante or start a war, just letting you know that not all of us are fans that WANT to hate and nit pick. I think it's possible that he's telling the truth, but there is no guarantee that he is. It's not like Capcom and their team mates are know for their honestly.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
And the other side doesn't have any of that?

Not all of us, some of us perceive things a certain way and if it doesn't make sense or add up to us then we don't agree with it regardless of what people are debating about. That's why there are debates in the first place, people look at things differently.

Weak little feelings? Prohaps such can be said for the people that support this game and get bent out of shape with people who don't like the game even if they have provided good explanations for why don't feel the same way about the game. I've have seen hostle "fan and rallying cries from DmC fans as well as DMC fans. It's not just DMC fans

It's no secret that big companies in general have a tendecy to be full of crap and bs their consumers in order to increase sales. But im not one of the ones that are gonna call people idiots for wanting to buy this game. As for the sheep thing, correct me if im wrong, but I believe there was an issue with the producers or somebody from the team saying that the fans were sheeple.

It may not be a big deal to some people, like I said everyone looks at things a different way, but to alot of fans it IS a big deal. Not in a way that it will end our lives or anything like that. But changing something or someone that's grow on you and calling it the same thing has always had a tendacy to tick some people off regardless of how many DMC games there are.

I come to the DmC forum because im curious about some of the things they're up to with this game (As I don't completely dispise it.) and it's always good to be up to date, so im not here to bash Nante or start a war, just letting you know that not all of us are fans that WANT to hate and nit pick. I think it's possible that he's telling the truth, but there is no guarantee that he is. It's not like Capcom and their team mates are know for their honestly.

quoted for truth and I agree^^^

Its sad how anybody who does not agree with your opinion is automatically a "whining fanboy" who is "butthurt" over changes. And your even "dumber" if you do not agree with their opinions (they know who they are).

People really need to grow up and realize that not everyone shares the same opinion as they do.

That does not make their opinion dumb nor does it make it a insignificant and "lame" because you think so.

Lets all try to be civil here and respect eachothers opinions shall we.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I feel that had he actually shown the initial concept art with Dante looking like Dante, it would make a better impression.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I feel that had he actually shown the initial concept art with Dante looking like Dante, it would make a better impression.

It would probably **** fans off even more lol.

After all, this is what COULD have been and instead we got something totally different.

But it would provide a sense of "closure" so to speak, So I would love to see it.

Domenic93

After all, this is what COULD have been and instead we got something totally different.

But it would provide a sense of "closure" so to speak, So I would love to see it.
well it would take some of the heat off them and put it on capcom execs and more ground to say that it wasn't their idea it was capcom's. but with the way the stories turning out I'm kinda glad that they changed his looks either way it wouldn't have felt like a dmc story either way it was baisically choosing your poison.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

At this point., anything they do would **** people off so the only thing they can do is to just do.

ZeroLove

If Tameem went to the design team and said "Hey, make the new Dante look like me" they would indeed laugh their asses off and probably throw him out. No serious game company would do such a thing and get away with it. Why that is so hard for people to believe is beyond me. Of course Tameem never did something like that. To think otherwise is completely ridiculous!

Mortal Kombat did something like it by making the character Mokap, based on the guy who did their motion capturing, and it was definately NOT recieved very well amongst the fans or the gamers overall. At that point, the MK team was deemed to be quite unserious and the MK games were laughed at... that is until they came out with the newest MK game and proved to the world that they are indeed a serious game company. MK being a fighting game with over-the-top gore and bad humour, however, they are more or less excused to make such mistakes, but people still had trouble taking them seriously... and there are still fans who aren't taking them seriously.

Tameem making Dante look like himself would be professional suicide. So why would he even try and do that?
No, if anything, Tameem copied the new Dante's haircut after the concept was done, because he thought it looks cool. That's the most likely explanation. Tameem is even as humble to say "Dante is more handsome than I" and such which proves he isn't a narcissistic a-hole who makes characters appear like himself.

Tameem might have said many bad things in interviews and such, but there is no way he made Dante look like himself. And I repeat, to think otherwise is completely ridiculous. And that is not a question about opinions, but pure reason and sense of logic.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
At this point., anything they do would **** people off so the only thing they can do is to just do.

Well everyone doesn't look for insignificant reasons to bash NT.

Although some do.

But yea, I would love to see the original concept art and what "could have been" lol.

And I repeat, to think otherwise is completely ridiculous. And that is not a question about opinions, but pure reason and logic.

So anybody's opinions who are not the same as yours are automatically ridiculous?

Dude grow up.

Not everyone is going to think the same way as you do.

Is it really that impossible to respect others opinions and keep things civil around here?

ZeroLove

Well everyone doesn't look for insignificant reasons to bash NT.

Although some do.

But yea, I would love to see the original concept art and what "could have been" lol.

So anybody's opinions who are not the same as yours are automatically ridiculous?

Dude grow up.

Not everyone is going to think the same way as you do.

Is it really that impossible to respect others opinions and keep things civil around here?

As said, no, this has nothing to do with opinions. Sense of logic, mate.
You refuse to believe that he didn't make the character design team make Dante look like himself.
Dude, grow up.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
As said, no, this has nothing to do with opinions. Sense of logic, mate.
You refuse to believe that he didn't make the character design team make Dante look like himself.
Dude, grow up.

Dude read my posts.

I said that he COULD be telling the truth.

Only Tameen and his team know that truth about what is what.

Because I simply do not believe every word or trust the guy completely does not mean that I think he is a liar. But the possibility IS there that he is infact a liar and I'm not about to set here and eat up everything he dishes out when he hasn't given me any reason to trust him in the first place.

Fact is that it is not unfounded for people to LIE.

Logic dictates that even big company execs have LIED before on many occasions.

Why should I believe Tameen is any different?

Because you said so?

Come on dude get serious. You simply want everyone to agree with your point of view and if they do not you throw out accusations that your using "logic" and their different way of thinking is ridiculous. If that is not immaturity than I don't know what is.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Oh enough with the "grow up" comments. So DmC Dante looks like Tameen. Boo hoo. Bayonetta looks like Sarah Palin. There are other more important things to know about DmC..... For example: A friggen release date.

ZeroLove

Dude read my posts.

I said that he COULD be telling the truth.

Only Tameen and his team know that truth about what is what.

Because I simply do not believe every word or trust the guy completely does not mean that I think he is a liar. But the possibility IS there that he is infact a liar and I'm not about to set here and eat up everything he dishes out when he hasn't given me any reason to trust him in the first place.

Fact is that it is not unfounded for people to LIE.

Logic dictates that even big company execs have LIED before on many occasions.

Why should I believe Tameen is any different?

Because you said so?

Come on dude get serious. You simply want everyone to agree with your point of view and if they do not you throw out accusations that your using "logic" and their different way of thinking is ridiculous. If that is not immaturity than I don't know what is.

I don't care if people agree with me or not, that's up to them. But I see it like this... let me make a scenario for you:

I believe you are an idiot.
That is my opinion. No matter what you say, no matter how many official statements you make that you are indeed not an idiot, I still think you are an idiot. That is my opinion. Even if every logic sense tells me, you are indeed not an idiot, I still think you are an idiot. Until your doctor comes up to my door with a full psychological analysis of your intelligence stating that you are indeed nothing like an idiot, I will believe you are an idiot and say that is my opinion of you. And maybe even then, I would STILL believe you are an idiot, because I am childish and maybe I just really dislike you and simply don't want to believe otherwise...

This was just an example, I don't really think you are an idiot.
What I described above is exactly how some of the many fans have been, and still are like, towards this topic about Tameem and Dante being lookalikes. That there are people who don't like Tameem, I can't blame them, that is their opinions... but it is not an opinion to say if Tameem made the design team have Dante look like him. We might not know the truth, but logic states that it is indeed not the case. It is stated in the very OP article why it isn't the case. The design team would never do something like that. It is professional suicide! And that is why I find it completely ridiculous to say otherwise, because it goes against all sense of logic.

Top Bottom