• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry -Stairway to Heaven-

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hey look! We moved to the right section! Thanks Angel!

funny-gifs-celebrate.gif

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Looking forward to the next chapter!
I'm still working on the artwork by the way, I've decided that I'll try to make a full blown concept illustrations like the ones from the game (with my own style) out of it!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh sh!ts! I still need to even get my sketches done. Work finally picked up, and just in time for crazy stuff like GTA V, so I've been working crazy hours T_T

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Oh sh!ts! I still need to even get my sketches done. Work finally picked up, and just in time for crazy stuff like GTA V, so I've been working crazy hours T_T

Yeah, my semester is about to end so I've got time to work on my own projects^^

Sunaka Marién

Ha! I just knew B. stood for Beatrice :shifty: I'm really curious as to how your version of Trish will turn out, since the original Trish has never exactly been one of my favorite chracters. But up to this point your version seems a lot more likeable :>
I love your descriptons of Dante's time in the Lapis Manalis Asylum (amazing name choice, btw), like, I didn't think that it was even possible, but you made it even more regrettable that nothing of his time there was mentioned in the game. Especially with Minos' voice echoing inside Dante's head and all that, it just really adds to his character, in a way, because it wonderfully shows that, despite the way he acts, these times didn't just pass him by without a scratch.
Also loved that mention of the pink neon sign~ A wonderful little nod to the original series - NT could really learn something from you :p

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ha! I just knew B. stood for Beatrice :shifty: I'm really curious as to how your version of Trish will turn out, since the original Trish has never exactly been one of my favorite chracters. But up to this point your version seems a lot more likeable :>

Yeah, I was hopin' someone would catch her last name "Portinari," since Beatrice Portinari is the full name of the Beatrice Dante Alighieri loved (Where Beatrice in the Divine Comedy, and Trish from DMC, comes from).

Good to hear that she's a decently likable character, although we haven't seen her do too much yet. Who knows, my ideas could end up making her a total byitch. We'll have to see :p

I love your descriptons of Dante's time in the Lapis Manalis Asylum (amazing name choice, btw), like, I didn't think that it was even possible, but you made it even more regrettable that nothing of his time there was mentioned in the game.

Yeah, it was a big regret of mine. I like the Dante we have, but I was interested to see what they had originally presented. At least it got a passing mention so we know stuff happened, but I suppose it would have really sorta detracted from plot DmC had with saving humanity if they tried to elaborate on it. It sorta works out the way things turned out in DmC that now Dante along with humankind are struggling to their feet. In effect, the disaster area that became of Silver Sacks, and the effects that ripple out from it and Mundus' demise puts Dante and the whole of humanity in the same place, starting anew, dealing with whatever needs to be dealt with. Humanity is getting itself righted, and Dante is trying to become its champion, but he's struggling just as they are.

There are also other things afoot, like the Order's turf war with the demons, trying to prevent the crippled city from falling back into their hands, as well as some...other things >.>

Especially with Minos' voice echoing inside Dante's head and all that, it just really adds to his character, in a way, because it wonderfully shows that, despite the way he acts, these times didn't just pass him by without a scratch.

That was the aim :3 It's another nice challenge, and makes this Dante a little more dynamic that the classic, who doesn't usually show that he's phased by anything. It's easier to characterize DmC Dante, and there's still so much more for him to experience as person, and as humanity's champion.

Also loved that mention of the pink neon sign~ A wonderful little nod to the original series - NT could really learn something from you :p

:blush: Thank you. It warms my heart to hear such praise, from all of you guys. Writing has been my dream, and I'm very critical of myself. I try to be as humble as possible, but I guess it sorta shifted into never seeing my work as something that's going to be truly entertaining for others.

Writing this is certainly a great exercise, because I get to meld whatever ideas I have with NT's concepts, which is a nice change of pace from me just working wholly on my own next project, because I get to keep the creativity of writing going, keep up the groove, but I get to work on something else that's less intensive, and more just for fun.

Either way, I'm glad people are enjoying it, and as long as you do, I'll keep on writing it. Be sure to tell your friends! Maybe Ninja Theory and Capcom :p

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought mission 2 was pretty good.

i like how you namedropped trish and the neon sign. It does seem to be a good description of the problem Dante and the world would be facing after the end of DmC

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Okay! It's about time to cut down on FFXIV time and get back to work; a small update to let you guys know that while I'm working on Situation 0, I'm also gonna be working on the next Mission for this here whatever-it-is, which is tentatively called "Anger Cage."

Stay tuned, kiddies!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Here, have a little dialogue teaser!

_____“We’re going to admit you,” Trish said.
_____“I’m not gonna drop trou and wave my d!ck around yelling ‘pudding’ just to prove I’m cracked,” Dante scowled.
_____“No need; being a cop opens a lot of doors.” Trish turned toward the main entrance.
_____“I mean…I could if you wanted me to,” Dante teased. "It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make."

:p

EllDawn

Here, have a little dialogue teaser!

_____“We’re going to admit you,” Trish said.
_____“I’m not gonna drop trou and wave my d!ck around yelling ‘pudding’ just to prove I’m cracked,” Dante scowled.
_____“No need; being a cop opens a lot of doors.” Trish turned toward the main entrance.
_____“I mean…I could if you wanted me to,” Dante teased. "It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make."

:p
Great thing to read after watching the latest episode of Supernatural. I have no idea what that's originally from, but I do know it was done in some episode of Supernatural. Thanks a lot for reminding me. Now I might have to find out what episode that was and watch it on Netflix.

EllDawn

Haha, it was the first thing that popped into my head as an example of trying to look crazy. I've been lovin' me some Supernatural, too. Gets me in the right mood for some darker adventurous stories.
Did you watch the new episode tonight? I was happy to see the return of one of my favorite characters (trying not to give spoilers).

EllDawn

I've only been watching it from Netflix right now, so I'm about halfway through Season 8, which got put up recently.
I noticed that. I think there were some episodes I missed before so I might want to watch it again. It's a pretty good season, from what I remember.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Now, here's a question for everyone who cares about this thing - I have a reveal, it's a nice twist, and could come pretty much whenever I want it to. However, the question is how long do people want this thing to be? If we want it to be a shorter piece, I can fit it in rather soon, but if we want it to go as long as it could go, then I can pull that reveal back for later Missions.

What do we think?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Now, here's a question for everyone who cares about this thing - I have a reveal, it's a nice twist, and could come pretty much whenever I want it to. However, the question is how long do people want this thing to be? If we want it to be a shorter piece, I can fit it in rather soon, but if we want it to go as long as it could go, then I can pull that reveal back for later Missions.

What do we think?
its your story so its as long as you want it to be.

How long do you think you wanna write the story for? If you already have a plan why change it?

20 missions or so is the length of the games and the length of a tv season so that should be good or you could go for 13 because that's the length of a british show.

EllDawn

What do we think?
I was pretty much going to say the same as Z218. Make it as long as you want. You're the one writing it, so it's all up to you. You could just keep writing and see how long the story will go. Just let it unfold on its own.

Top Bottom