• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry New CG Trailer

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I love dat hood. I actually ended up getting a nice winter coat with a hood very similar to Dante's - very big. I love that thing.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
You know guys what i feel when i see dante with his hood?

I almost yelled "Assassin may cry" lol
I was thinking Alex Mercer myself.

So Dante did save the fat guys life, just like he saved the little girl's. Oh the little things

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Man, i want to have Dante's jacket. It will boost up my cool meter greatly :cool:

Oh, and could somebody make a GIF of it? :)

RebeledgeYamato

Calling them "problems" is a where things get tricky, because they aren't all problems. Scripted boss events are just par for the course in how they work, but aren't a new thing to the DMC series (Nelo Angelo, Nightmare, Geryon, Echidna, Berial, etc), minuscule unskippable cutscenes is making mountains out of molehills (by count the longest unskippable scene in the demo is...like six seconds), enemy step isn't really all that different, and still obviously works, "stances" work just fine and aren't much different than changing Styles or Weapons, and you don't get a SSS on your final score, only you item collection score because logically you've found them all already. Style meter still works fine, could use a few tweaks, but otherwise for making a more accessible game, it works, and prevents the player from charging in aimlessly trying to keep it up.

And let me rephrase what I said; "I don't have time to listen to some guy sensationalize things that shouldn't be as big a deal as they're made out to be, has never said one enlightening thing for me, and doesn't seem to check his sources or redact his mistakes." And I can read and type on a forum while doing other things, but I most certainly don't want have time for his videos, since when I watch a video I give it my full attention.

It's also my day off, and I'm enjoying discussions here on the forum and just relaxing, I don't want to waste an hour of free-time having EventStatus bark verbosely in my ear when I could have my girlfriend whispering sweet nothings into it instead.

Oh, and if the Knowledge Primer is bias, everything is still backed up by sources. It's not like I'm biased for the game and the blog is just me going "This game is gonna be great!" It's all just information, and there isn't anything there that isn't true (and if something is proven false, I'll remove it), whereas EventStatus seemingly feeds off the vitriol DmC gets and the oft-misguided opinions.

But what the hell do I care? I'm not trying to compete with that jackass, the Knowledge Primer just gives you an in-depth heads up on everything we know about the game.

Same with Event's videos and mine. The news doesn't just emerge out of thin air. The video i linked exposes glitches that people don't have to go looking for just to deal with them. I wasn't even finished. Its your job to watch the video if your curious about what was wrong with the demo. I'll list it to you because from what I see of you, you simply want to pass off your knowledge primer as a neutral perspective of things because you are about facts. Its a poor attempt at doing so, like Fox News. You don't see facts, you choose what you want to see and nothing more. I have at least looked at both ends.

You love to do research to support your own theory but when it comes to looking at a different stance of the game, your priority is to shove any information out the window, despite the credible evidence they carry. Noone is telling you to agree with it Derekoe, you just have to acknowledge that it exists. I don't take issues with this game only to dismiss them by calling the arguement irrelevant, like your handle on the framecap. You thought the complaints I listed were everything?

- Players can get stick between an enemy and a wall,
- Remain in permanent Angel Glide,
- The Poison boss freezes during battle while the playable character is allowed to move but unable to do damage.
- Attacking One of Poisons joints can keep you in midair and register mid air as a singular platform.
- Enemy Step keeps your target in mid air
- Unskippable cutscenes have no excuse being in modern fast paced action games
- Guns are weak and paralyze the enemy rendering them immobile.
- Players are forced to Hard Reset consoles upon seeing a permanent white screen after falling a platforming segment.
- The bad publicity surrounding this game lol!

Why should I even have to tell you this. All of this alone was featured in the first 30 minutes. Event's video carries several clips from other players including one of mine. If this Ninja Theorys 3rd game in this console cycle, clearly they need to reassess what they are doing. Enslaved had massive glitches too so naturally their new project carries over that aspect.

On ANY mode you can swing Rebellion twice, and follow it up with a single hit from Arbiter just to move up 4 to 5 ranks. Don't believe me, try it! The style meter needs more than "a few tweaks". The only way to drop it completely is to get hit.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I know all of those...some of those are just criticism born of opinions (not entirely valid) and anything that's a glitch is really not worth addressing until the full release, because as I mention a lot, demos are torn up parts of the game's code - iffy sh*t can happen in them simply because of that. Have you ever worked with code before? It can be a serious headache. All we know so far is that the demo has glitches, not the full game, and things could be different in the full game, considering the public demo is an older build and they've tried to implement some of the feedback they've received from it.

I don't add a lot of anything about glitches to the Knowledge Primer because they aren't a definitive thing, yet. They could be, but we don't know. And if the game is marred by easily activated, game-breaking glitches then they'll end up on the wiki anyway. But hey, so far a lot of these reviewers, and Gregaman, playing the gold versions of the game don't seem to be having any problems with them.

And for ****'s sake dude, the Knowledge Primer is just an informative piece, it's really no different than the game manual published by the developer, only injected with insight from myself the writer on anything regarding the game and its predecessors. As I've said, there's nothing in there that isn't true, but I'm focusing on the **** that actually matters - the game itself, not the PR or who is insulting who. I'm not trying to fuel a fire, I'm just telling people about the game. Am I not allowed to just talk about the game itself? I have to bring up all the bullshit and vitriol that surrounds it?

And so what if I have something to say in the Primer about a complaint, it's a valid counter. Someone wants to bitch about it being easy to gain Style with this or that, I'll point out how it was nearly just as easy in the classics by grouping, timing, or the oh-so-easy Gigantic Pandora Laser Beam that plows through everything. I was just playing some Bloody Palace in DMC4 and got myself up to an S rank from nothing by using that.

!!WARNING TECHNICAL CRAP BELOW!!
And narp, you're wrong. I just tested this; doing Hacker to Trinity Smash (hereafter "Hacker Smash" for simplicity) once will jump you up to a high C from nothing (roughly 2.8 grades), and if you doing it again it'll take you to a bit over a mid B (roughly 0.5 grade), do it any more, and it does absolutely nothing because it's counted as a stale move by the Style system. Doing a Demon Evade is the only way to make that go higher in one shot, and grouping multiple enemies in one instance of that attack is the only way to really make it count. I even just did a Demon Evade-modified version if after having done Hacker to Trinity Smash twice, and the Demon Evade didn't boost it. Could use a bit of tweaking, but there's also the risk involved in doing Hacker Smash, because once you get to the Arbiter portion you're locked in, and that's the time when enemies looooove to stab you in the back. With the risk vs reward system this game has, it stands to reason that you should get something out of the risk born from using something slower like that.

Doing Hacker Smash for the first time after Demon Evade will bring you to a high A, and doing another (with Demon Evade) will get you a SS with a pixel's worth in the meter, do it again, you'll get nothing. To do the Trinity SSSmash that people often cite, you need to get two or more enemies with that first instance of Hacker Smash, modified by the Demon Evade, and that's the only way to get it, and it's not like keeping the enemies grouped together is easy; they don't just walk into death like Prides in DMC3. That could use some tweaking, but hey, you took the risk of getting hit to get the boost, might as well reap the benefits along with those gained from risking a slower weapons use :/

I tested this on all the difficulties against the first wave of enemies you encounter, and the only change was that on SoS, a Hacker Smash only got me a low C on the first instance, a low B on the second, and nothing on any subsequent instance. Modified by a Demon Evade, it gets me a high B, and another gets me somewhere in the mid A range, and of course, nothing on any tries after that. The Style meter also seems to decay faster on SoS, interestingly enough >.<

Soooo...you want me to add all that to my Primer?

Mystiq Doom

Bonjour, and whatnot. :)

New to this forum but not to the series, I see this was a much more constructive place to discuss the game than the other options. Coming from SRK/Youtube as my options, this is a welcome and refreshing change. TwoAcross, that's some good work with the primer. The positive buzz this game has is well deserved and it seems like the bickering/whining is coming from a vocal minority of people who just want to series to remain anime/Japan inspired Dante. You're right, a lot of the "problems" are simply things that they don't prefer based on their bias to the Original series, and not things that NT have done WRONG. Other things are so moot, they shouldn't even be discussed (30FPS....if I hear ONE more person...I swear...)

RebeledgeYamato

I know all of those...some of those are just criticism born of opinions (not entirely valid) and anything that's a glitch is really not worth addressing until the full release, because as I mention a lot, demos are torn up parts of the game's code - iffy sh*t can happen in them simply because of that. Have you ever worked with code before? It can be a serious headache. All we know so far is that the demo has glitches, not the full game, and things could be different in the full game, considering the public demo is an older build and they've tried to implement some of the feedback they've received from it.

I don't add a lot of anything about glitches to the Knowledge Primer because they aren't a definitive thing, yet. They could be, but we don't know. And if the game is marred by easily activated, game-breaking glitches then they'll end up on the wiki anyway. But hey, so far a lot of these reviewers, and Gregaman, playing the gold versions of the game don't seem to be having any problems with them.

And for ****'s sake dude, the Knowledge Primer is just an informative piece, it's really no different than the game manual published by the developer, only injected with insight from myself the writer on anything regarding the game and its predecessors. As I've said, there's nothing in there that isn't true, but I'm focusing on the **** that actually matters - the game itself, not the PR or who is insulting who. I'm not trying to fuel a fire, I'm just telling people about the game. Am I not allowed to just talk about the game itself? I have to bring up all the bullshit and vitriol that surrounds it?

And so what if I have something to say in the Primer about a complaint, it's a valid counter. Someone wants to bitch about it being easy to gain Style with this or that, I'll point out how it was nearly just as easy in the classics by grouping, timing, or the oh-so-easy Gigantic Pandora Laser Beam that plows through everything. I was just playing some Bloody Palace in DMC4 and got myself up to an S rank from nothing by using that.

!!WARNING TECHNICAL CRAP BELOW!!
And narp, you're wrong. I just tested this; doing Hacker to Trinity Smash (hereafter "Hacker Smash" for simplicity) once will jump you up to a high C from nothing (roughly 2.8 grades), and if you doing it again it'll take you to a bit over a mid B (roughly 0.5 grade), do it any more, and it does absolutely nothing because it's counted as a stale move by the Style system. Doing a Demon Evade is the only way to make that go higher in one shot, and grouping multiple enemies in one instance of that attack is the only way to really make it count. I even just did a Demon Evade-modified version if after having done Hacker to Trinity Smash twice, and the Demon Evade didn't boost it. Could use a bit of tweaking, but there's also the risk involved in doing Hacker Smash, because once you get to the Arbiter portion you're locked in, and that's the time when enemies looooove to stab you in the back. With the risk vs reward system this game has, it stands to reason that you should get something out of the risk born from using something slower like that.

Doing Hacker Smash for the first time after Demon Evade will bring you to a high A, and doing another (with Demon Evade) will get you a SS with a pixel's worth in the meter, do it again, you'll get nothing. To do the Trinity SSSmash that people often cite, you need to get two or more enemies with that first instance of Hacker Smash, modified by the Demon Evade, and that's the only way to get it, and it's not like keeping the enemies grouped together is easy; they don't just walk into death like Prides in DMC3. That could use some tweaking, but hey, you took the risk of getting hit to get the boost, might as well reap the benefits along with those gained from risking a slower weapons use :/

I tested this on all the difficulties against the first wave of enemies you encounter, and the only change was that on SoS, a Hacker Smash only got me a low C on the first instance, a low B on the second, and nothing on any subsequent instance. Modified by a Demon Evade, it gets me a high B, and another gets me somewhere in the mid A range, and of course, nothing on any tries after that. The Style meter also seems to decay faster on SoS, interestingly enough >_<

Soooo...you want me to add all that to my Primer?

The criticisms are far more than opinions. This demo was released after the game went gold, so there just may be a likely hood that a patch could be considered. Its inexcusable since this is not the only Devil May Cry entry in this current generation of consoles. On SoS, the style doesn't decay all the way down. Whatever letter you meter is at, stays as is.
A demo usually is designed to show off the experience of a game. It is not the same as a beta. This one of all games is intended to keep balance in mind. Anyone who is pardoning the demo flaws is pretty much excusing their way into a cop- out. Thats the kind of thing people want to do and intend to ahead of time.

With Pandoras gun laser you are taking a risk. Your in a stationary position, you have to move your bowgun into a bazooka, to a lasergun, and you have to charge your weapon while taking the risk of getting hit by an enemy. Lock On doesn't have input at that point. In the end your compensated in some way by being able to jump out of the charge. In that regard there is an upside. With the Arbiter you cannot cancel your animation. Its more like an unnecesary form of risk for a default reward.

Some people seem to think that because of the nature regarding the axe that a lot of leeway can be afforded on its damage output. That demon weapon is a little overpowered, evade or not. All it takes is more than one enemy to increase your rank without much effort. Such is the HackSmash. Devil May Cry 3's Style Meter would eat this one for dinner TBH.

Speaking of Gregaman, he tested a build at Pax Prime late 2012 with unresponsive enemies. I believe that is linked into your blog.

ChaserTech

HO HO HO excellent trailer 10 more days :)

I missed seeing your jolly attitude. Where have you been? D:

Devil May Cry 4 was a very smooth game to watch and to play. We all know its only hindered by the linerarity. With this new title, the CG trailer is going to give some people a wrong impression of what the game will be like. Its look beautiful to observe but the art style in-game is poor in quality and smoothness when you're tackling the demo. Even the in game cutscenes are poorly executed. The CG trailer would work better for a short film to promote the game.

Uh honestly, I thought that the art direction within the game was magnificent, within the game itself**. (edit)
This is coming from a guy who strongly disliked the game in the beginning. And I still don't particularly like it.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Finally! Now we all get to see it ^_^. It was annoying watching the low res recordings, and as if I was going to waste money on the new RE movie just to see this.

I really liked it, it wasn't about the story or anything, it was just Dante kicking ***. I loved it when he was marching on top of the cars :lol:.

Azurel

''... and your banking system enslaves us...''

There's another reason why I think banks are a cause of villainy in this world...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/o...lp-drug-traffickers-and-terrorists.html?_r=2&

Wells Fargo:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...rtels-admitted-in-wells-fargo-s-u-s-deal.html

Even the DEA is involved:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/w...-launder-profits-of-mexican-cartels.html?_r=2

All of these are mainstream media outlets as well, so they're not just 'kook conspiracy' stories. It's real. And it's happening as we speak.

''Citizens... face your demons.''

clever95

Here's the one C:
5b286a2755d1d14c5a9b7d42aad8d675.gif

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Here's the one C:
5b286a2755d1d14c5a9b7d42aad8d675.gif

i love this part. Before it was just a fat guy who was sippin on so virility and Dante really seemed like a jerk. But not its almost like he is saving their lives, if only for a moment, because she's probably gonna get another can pretty soon.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The criticisms are far more than opinions. This demo was released after the game went gold, so there just may be a likely hood that a patch could be considered. Its inexcusable since this is not the only Devil May Cry entry in this current generation of consoles.

Criticism born from opinion. Like if I said Majora's Mask was bad because Adult Link was soooo much cooler and more fun to play as - that's useless criticism born from my opinion. People complaining about minute unskippable cutscenes may be valid, but it's still born from personal opinion and taste. I could do with them, or not. Some complaints just outright ignore the game's direction in favor of criticizing it.

And yeah, the demo was released after the game went gold, but it's still an old build, and still a segregated bunch of modified code. And they say they're taking feedback from the demo, so we can't readily believe what is present in the demo will be in the final release. It's not like they're doing much else right now other than finishing Vergil's Downfall.

On SoS, the style doesn't decay all the way down. Whatever letter you meter is at, stays as is.

I know this, what the hell is your point? I'm just saying that the meter decays faster, meaning you have to work a bit more to get it higher on SoS. This means that it'll probably decay even faster on DMD, meaning you'll really have to work for it even more, while dealing with more aggressive enemies and all that.

A demo usually is designed to show off the experience of a game. It is not the same as a beta. This one of all games is intended to keep balance in mind. Anyone who is pardoning the demo flaws is pretty much excusing their way into a cop- out. Thats the kind of thing people want to do and intend to ahead of time.

I'm not pardoning anything, it's all on my "I don't give a sh*t back burner" because it's useless to worry about something that isn't the final release build. If I want (and care enough), I can easily come back to them after release.

With Pandoras gun laser you are taking a risk. Your in a stationary position, you have to move your bowgun into a bazooka, to a lasergun, and you have to charge your weapon while taking the risk of getting hit by an enemy. Lock On doesn't have input at that point. In the end your compensated in some way by being able to jump out of the charge. In that regard there is an upside. With the Arbiter you cannot cancel your animation. Its more like an unnecesary form of risk for a default reward.

So...its okay for Pandora to lock you in place and offer a reward, but not for Trinity Smash to do the same thing? That's just utter bullshit. The Laser Cannon is just as easy to get out as Hacker Smash - spin the Left Stick two and a half times and you've got it out firing in nearly two seconds; that's literally how I dealt with the Savior when I first played DMC4. Pandora lets you jump out of the attack and has an unlimited range, so it actually has less risk than Hacker Smash which locks you in and requires you be close to enemies...you call it unnecessary, but how? What's so unnecessary? You're pulling out a heavily damaging triple attack, something's gotta give, there has to be some decent payout for doing **** like that.

This is like Game Balancing 101; the greater an attack is for damage and scoring, the greater the costs need to be through either risks or resources.

Some people seem to think that because of the nature regarding the axe that a lot of leeway can be afforded on its damage output. That demon weapon is a little overpowered, evade or not. All it takes is more than one enemy to increase your rank without much effort. Such is the HackSmash. Devil May Cry 3's Style Meter would eat this one for dinner TBH.

Arbiter itself could probably use a bit of tweaking, but it's not a completely broken weapon. If you wanna cheese your way through the game, then yeah, by all means use mainly that weapon and have a boring-ass time. I don't even know what you mean about DMC3's Style meter, we all know it's a great game, but DmC's Style meter behavior works well for the game that DmC is.

Speaking of Gregaman, he tested a build at Pax Prime late 2012 with unresponsive enemies. I believe that is linked into your blog.

And...? Old build, and a locked difficulty. The point of that list was to show off higher level play, as in, a player who actually plays it like a DMC game, and how you're rewarded with Style for doing so, as opposed to the list just below that of people spamming Hacker and getting nowhere.

Devil Player

I love how Dante already has demon pull in that trailer...:)

It would be the perfect ending to the game, showing that Dante is still hunting demons, that he has his own business and that he just sent a message to them ( tell them I'm coming!).

It's unfortunate that they didn't make a good use of that trailer. It could be used to promote the new game, 2 years ago. It would have been A LOT better than that reveal trailer. Nothing against it, but that CG clip would work for the new release, I guess.

sannyclaus

I missed seeing your jolly attitude. Where have you been? D:

HO HO HO been handing out presents to the little ones, very tiring job but someone's gotta do it :)

Uh honestly, I thought that the art direction within the game was magnificent, within the game itself**. (edit)
This is coming from a guy who strongly disliked the game in the beginning. And I still don't particularly like it.

Top Bottom