• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry New CG Trailer

RebeledgeYamato

Where the hell did this come from? How am I pretentious at all? How am I unquestionably giving Ninja Theory the benefit of the doubt? Benefit of the doubt on what? They made goddamn CG trailer, they're not entitled to?

And how can you say what piques my interest? You don't even know me. So I happened to like this trailer, big whoop, I thought it was pretty cool, but I'm not "taken in by the pretty visuals," I've been following this game for two years :/ And **** dude, you just mentioned research and keeping track of the game, and that's exactly what I said.

That's me, talking about "doing research and keeping track of gameplay" in order to make an informed purchase (or not make one, if you will). Hell that isn't really strictly a "gaming" thing either, it's just smart consumerism in general, making sure to only purchase things you're really going to enjoy/use. If researching deeper into something that piqued my interest makes me pretentious, then the common man must be goddamn retarded.

Well I did just link a video of my "research" of DmC so I don't know what your going on about. If you mean my earlier statement, its because not enough people are actually going to research this online, keep track of interviews, gameplay clips, observing the bad PR. I was trying to suggest that fans like yourself and me, help look out for the consumer (BC Capcom and NT are not).

I dont trust NT on their presentation, and it is as I said, more people are won over these days because quality visuals were the key. FF13 of course proved that highly enchanced graphical power can't save a game. All Square needed to do was raise the anticipation to sell as many copies as they did.

I haven't played FF13-2 but I heard they did cut back on CG Cutscenes and instead had more space to return to the roots of previous Final Fantasy games, so kudos to that.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well I did just link a video of my "research" of DmC so I don't know what your going on about. If you mean my earlier statement, its because not enough people are actually going to research this online, keep track of interviews, gameplay clips, observing the bad PR. I was trying to suggest that fans like yourself and me, help look out for the consumer (BC Capcom and NT are not).

And that's what I was talking about. It wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular, just the people that you mention who won't look further into it. It's their own fault if they don't do more research and end up regretting a purchase :/

I dont trust NT on their presentation, and it is as I said, more people are won over these days because quality visuals were the key. FF13 of course proved that highly enchanced graphical power can't save a game. All Square needed to do was raise the anticipation to sell as many copies as they did.

I haven't played FF13-2 but I heard they did cut back on CG Cutscenes and instead had more space to return to the roots of previous Final Fantasy games, so kudos to that.

So far NT's presentation hasn't really been misleading :/ This is just a CG trailer after all, it's not like they said this was gameplay or anything, just a cool trailer to show you the types of things you'll be seeing in the game. And unfortunately people being won over by pretty graphics are at fault for being graphics whores >.< There are also many, myself included, who would disagree with your opinion on FFXIII. It's one of my absolute favorites (and I've played all of them), the game has a lot of fans. But yes, XIII-2 improved a lot on XIII's formula, so much so it makes me wish they implement the stuff into XIII T_T

RebeledgeYamato

And that's what I was talking about. It wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular, just the people that you mention who won't look further into it. It's their own fault if they don't do more research and end up regretting a purchase :/

Oh, I'm sad now, cause i thought you were trying to aim at me. I just got implicitly called a liar who didn't play the DmC Demo :/ So I guess we got on the wrong foot. Wanna shake hands, and start over?

So far NT's presentation hasn't really been misleading :/ This is just a CG trailer after all, it's not like they said this was gameplay or anything, just a cool trailer to show you the types of things you'll be seeing in the game. And unfortunately people being won over by pretty graphics are at fault for being graphics whores >_< There are also many, myself included, who would disagree with your opinion on FFXIII. It's one of my absolute favorites (and I've played all of them), the game has a lot of fans. But yes, XIII-2 improved a lot on XIII's formula, so much so it makes me wish they implement the stuff into XIII T_T

I played FFXIII, didnt like it. I went ALL the way through where as most people gave up after 6 hours of going in a straight line. There was little character development and Lightnings character reminded me of New Dante before DMC became DmC. I didn't like her back then because of her icequeen behavior and the Final Fantasy sequel gives her attitude an overhaul. She can be a strong female character who doesn't trust anyone, fine. Batman can be weary and always on guard but at least he can do it AND be polite about it with the Justice League.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I liked Lightning's character development. She was forced into a lot of ****ty situations really quickly, so her attitude was justified, and even when she did lighten up and trust the rest of the party, it was a logical step, and not your average bullshit anime "I SEE THE LIGHT NOW! I WAS WROOOONG!" It would have been more annoying if her character development had her turn on a dime >_<

And Batman can't really be compared to Lightning...Batman is a billionaire crime fighter because he watched his parents die, Lightning (in XIII) was turned into a demi-god against her will, marked as a traitor by the government she worked for, and forced to either kill millions of people before a short deadline or turn into a monster.

Being a L'Cie is a bit more stressful than being a lonesome, badass crime fighter who dresses like a bat :p And Batman had time to discipline himself.

RebeledgeYamato

"The who have signed up for accounts on this forum are obviously keeping up with footage and recent publications.
What you're saying is awfully presumptuous."

Yeah I've read that for a while, and even though DereKoe, you say in there that you dont intend for your blog to be one-sided, thats what it comes out as from other people who read it. At least this MainEvent guy, can admit his bias, before diving in using constructive criticism, and he didn't even play the game. He isn't even on this forum to the best of my knowledge. Hes doing exactly as I am, keeping people aware, through one website or another.

Dante47

"The who have signed up for accounts on this forum are obviously keeping up with footage and recent publications.
What you're saying is awfully presumptuous."
Not really.
Considering the forum's main page monitors any new information for DmC and the Devil May Cry franchise as a whole.
The whole point of the forum is to find to information, and discuss it constructively.
Why would you bother signing up if you weren't looking to discuss currently existing materiel as well as new.
"I SEE THE LIGHT NOW! I WAS WROOOONG!"
Light?

RebeledgeYamato

I liked Lightning's character development. She was forced into a lot of ****ty situations really quickly, so her attitude was justified, and even when she did lighten up and trust the rest of the party, it was a logical step, and not your average bullshit anime "I SEE THE LIGHT NOW! I WAS WROOOONG!" It would have been more annoying if her character development had her turn on a dime >_<

And Batman can't really be compared to Lightning...Batman is a billionaire crime fighter because he watched his parents die, Lightning (in XIII) was turned into a demi-god against her will, marked as a traitor by the government she worked for, and forced to either kill millions of people before a short deadline or turn into a monster.

Being a L'Cie is a bit more stressful than being a lonesome, badass crime fighter who dresses like a bat :p And Batman had time to discipline himself.

Batman had to grow up fast, has learned nearly every fighting style in the world, battle gods, demons, aliens, vampire, mythical creatures, a genocial mad clown whos mentally ill that never faces the death penalty and is relegated to an Asylum in which he typically escapes from. Batman has to worry about being able to avoid taking a life and never cross that line and destroy a legacy he put blood, and sweat into. Part of that legacy is to avoid murder despite the worst that happens to you. He lives a lonely life patrolling a city ungreatful to a vigilante at times.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah I've read that for a while, and even though DereKoe, you say in there that you dont intend for your blog to be one-sided, thats what it comes out as from other people who read it. At least this MainEvent guy, can admit his bias, before diving in using constructive criticism, and he didn't even play the game. He isn't even on this forum to the best of my knowledge. Hes doing exactly as I am, keeping people aware, through one website or another.

My apologies if you think the Knowledge Primer is one-sided, but when you are informing people about the game, and only the game, it's going to seem that way. It isn't a "this is why you should like it" or anything, it just informs. Why am I supposed to talk about the "other side" when I'm only out to inform on the one that matters. For that matter, what other side is there to address, in order to not make the Knowledge Primer seem one-sided?

I can't take EventStatus seriously because he is bias, and to me is only pouring fuel on the fire and sensationalizing things to gain views. Plus, he's very verbose and I just hate the way he talks. I don't have time to waste hours of my life watching crap like that.

Dante47

Mind you, Batman isn't a vigilante. He proclaims himself as a "symbol" for the people of Gotham.
What Bruce says in the following clip summarizes Batman perfectly, and is one of my favorite scenes in the Trilogy.

RebeledgeYamato

Not really.
Considering the forum's main page monitors any new information for DmC and the Devil May Cry franchise as a whole.
The whole point of the forum is to find to information, and discuss it constructively.
Why would you bother signing up if you weren't looking to discuss currently existing materiel as well as new.

When did I say I wouldn't or didnt want to talk constructively about the game? Everything I bring here, such as clips and interviews, I am always supplying my two cents on, and I expect others to do the same.

Dante47

You said it was presumptuous of me to assume people came here to discuss and find to info.
I think I established that clearly in my post.

Why would you ask such a question, and then reflect my response?
EDIT: Speaking of which, don't put your response within my quote bubble. It's confusing.

RebeledgeYamato

My apologies if you think the Knowledge Primer is one-sided, but when you are informing people about the game, and only the game, it's going to seem that way. It isn't a "this is why you should like it" or anything, it just informs. Why am I supposed to talk about the "other side" when I'm only out to inform on the one that matters. For that matter, what other side is there to address, in order to not make the Knowledge Primer seem one-sided?

I can't take EventStatus seriously because he is bias, and to me is only pouring fuel on the fire and sensationalizing things to gain views. Plus, he's very verbose and I just hate the way he talks. I don't have time to waste hours of my life watching crap like that.

You don't have time to watch a 50 minute video? You certainly have time to come on the forums and chat, and also post an ongoing blog about DmC. I have had time to read your writings and watch Main Event. I even have time to come on here and post about new material. After reading your blog your bias shows itself because based on how you write it, ultimately you want to support this games release.

If you don't have time Derekoe, make time because in the end of your blog you admit to yourself being bias so why should I take you seriously then? Don't write off another guys constructive criticism or his content for that matter simply because you don't agree with him. Main Event and the other half of the community addressed the negative aspects already.

The scripted sequences during boss battles, unskippable cutscenes, the enemy step difference, the use of stances, the acquisition of SSS ranking to your final score simply by collecting items, the mechanics of the Style meter, issues that were not problem in previous entries mind you. The list goes on friend.

RebeledgeYamato

You said it was presumptuous of me to assume people came here to discuss and find to info.
I think I established that clearly in my post.

Why would you ask such a question, and then reflect my response?
EDIT: Speaking of which, don't put your response within my quote bubble. It's confusing.

That was actually a mistype. I never meant to do that since I have multiple tabs open. im actually doing everything similtaneously. If I do something like hit ENTER or whatnot, the active window responds. I wasn't paying attention that time. sry about that.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The scripted sequences during boss battles, unskippable cutscenes, the enemy step difference, the use of stances, the acquisition of SSS ranking to your final score simply by collecting items, the mechanics of the Style meter, issues that were not problem in previous entries mind you. The list goes on friend.

Calling them "problems" is a where things get tricky, because they aren't all problems. Scripted boss events are just par for the course in how they work, but aren't a new thing to the DMC series (Nelo Angelo, Nightmare, Geryon, Echidna, Berial, etc), minuscule unskippable cutscenes is making mountains out of molehills (by count the longest unskippable scene in the demo is...like six seconds), enemy step isn't really all that different, and still obviously works, "stances" work just fine and aren't much different than changing Styles or Weapons, and you don't get a SSS on your final score, only you item collection score because logically you've found them all already. Style meter still works fine, could use a few tweaks, but otherwise for making a more accessible game, it works, and prevents the player from charging in aimlessly trying to keep it up.

And let me rephrase what I said; "I don't have time to listen to some guy sensationalize things that shouldn't be as big a deal as they're made out to be, has never said one enlightening thing for me, and doesn't seem to check his sources or redact his mistakes." And I can read and type on a forum while doing other things, but I most certainly don't want have time for his videos, since when I watch a video I give it my full attention.

It's also my day off, and I'm enjoying discussions here on the forum and just relaxing, I don't want to waste an hour of free-time having EventStatus bark verbosely in my ear when I could have my girlfriend whispering sweet nothings into it instead.

Oh, and if the Knowledge Primer is bias, everything is still backed up by sources. It's not like I'm biased for the game and the blog is just me going "This game is gonna be great!" It's all just information, and there isn't anything there that isn't true (and if something is proven false, I'll remove it), whereas EventStatus seemingly feeds off the vitriol DmC gets and the oft-misguided opinions.

But what the hell do I care? I'm not trying to compete with that jackass, the Knowledge Primer just gives you an in-depth heads up on everything we know about the game.

Dante47

Problems? They're design choices.
For example, saying that The Witcher 2's lack of a fast travel is a problem is completely ignorant.
The developers chose not to add such a feature to deliver a more immersive experience.
You don't have to like it, but they aren't problems.

If he were to add what you listed in the Knowledge Primer, especially in such a negative manner, wouldn't that make it more biased than what you have already claimed it to be?

Top Bottom