• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry New CG Trailer

RebeledgeYamato

New Computer Generated cutscene up guys. Dante in here sounds like he is being voiced by someone other than Tim Phillips. I don't know if his tone is slightly different. I sure miss Reuben Langdon though. He had it right with Devil May Cry 3, and some of the anime storyline that followed.

Its looks like gameplay footage with highproduction values. The cutscenes in Devil May Cry 4 looked exactly the same as gameplay. NT can't really replicate that based on their 30FPS cap and lack of smoothness, if you ask me.

ReRave

smug jerk
The cutscenes in Devil May Cry 4 looked exactly the same as gameplay. NT can't really replicate that based on their 30FPS cap and lack of smoothness, if you ask me.
So you want to confirm yourself that you didn't play the demo or do I have to pull it out of your nose?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Its looks like gameplay footage with highproduction values. The cutscenes in Devil May Cry 4 looked exactly the same as gameplay. NT can't really replicate that based on their 30FPS cap and lack of smoothness, if you ask me.

There's a difference between in-engine cutscenes (like you're talking about with DMC4) and CG trailers (what this trailer is).

Are you seriously trying to rag on DmC for having a CG trailer...by comparing it to DMC4's engine cutscenes, no less...?

RebeledgeYamato

There's a difference between in-engine cutscenes (like you're talking about with DMC4) and CG trailers (what this trailer is).

Are you seriously trying to rag on DmC for having a CG trailer...by comparing it to DMC4's engine cutscenes, no less...?

Devil May Cry 4 was a very smooth game to watch and to play. We all know its only hindered by the linerarity. With this new title, the CG trailer is going to give some people a wrong impression of what the game will be like. Its look beautiful to observe but the art style in-game is poor in quality and smoothness when you're tackling the demo. Even the in game cutscenes are poorly executed. The CG trailer would work better for a short film to promote the game.

ZeroLove

Devil May Cry 4 was a very smooth game to watch and to play. We all know its only hindered by the linerarity. With this new title, the CG trailer is going to give some people a wrong impression of what the game will be like. Its look beautiful to observe but the art style in-game is poor in quality and smoothness when you're tackling the demo. Even the in game cutscenes are poorly executed. The CG trailer would work better for a short film to promote the game.

Alot of games use CG in their trailers. God of War, Final Fantasy, even past DMC titles did this. So it's nothing new.

RebeledgeYamato

Alot of games use CG in their trailers. God of War, Final Fantasy, even past DMC titles did this. So it's nothing new.

Eras change, and evolve as well as standards. CG trailers are used more as Teasers these days like God of War Ascension. Bayonettas art for promotional cutscenes were identical to appearance of the gameplay. Speaking of past DMCs, they did not translate well to HD, and I know they were never meant to.

Clarification: CG Trailers are used as teasers but are implemented very early when a game is announced to be in development. We're over our 2rd year into anticipating this game and just now they want to show us this?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
No disrespect, but a CG trailer can come out whenever the hell the devs want to make one. This was originally a promotional trailer shown in movie theaters, so it's already sorta old.

Lastly this video does an exceedingly good job at showing you what this game is, the premise, different elements of the scenery and story, and the things you can do in the game - every single thing that Dante did was one of his actual abilities in the game.

Yes, it's CG, but no self-respecting gamer worth their salt would actually think a CG trailer represents the exact quality of the product. And if it dupes some poor sucker, it's their fault for not doing more research on what they intended to buy.

AngelMode

Heh! Final Fantasy XIII tried to put one too many CGs in their game and look how the 360 version ended up getting 3 disks for the game. CG is pretty and all but you won't be seeing a lot of that in games this gen, it is only used to promote video games with a cool trailer. For what I have seen, ALL the cutscenes in DmC are in-game... unless they throw in a pre-rendered one at the end or something to make the last scene stand out.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hey, for Final Fantasy, CG cutscenes were sort of a staple. They were like these big high quality treats you got for reaching those points in the game :p

AngelMode

Hey, for Final Fantasy, CG cutscenes were sort of a staple. They were like these big high quality treats you got for reaching those points in the game :p

Lol, that's true. But look at XIII-2, they managed to squeeze all of it down to one disk but to do that they had to cut back on high quality cutscenes... I believe only the beginning and the end had them.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I actually like how well NT are making their cut scenes. they all are in game graphics but the level of detail makes it look almost fully rendered CGI. this trailer is just awesome, way better than dmc4 CGI teaser.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Lol, that's true. But look at XIII-2, they managed to squeeze all of it down to one disk but to do that they had to cut back on high quality cutscenes... I believe only the beginning and the end had them.

Yeah, they wanted to try more in-engine scenes. Worked out pretty well, I'd say. I still love seeing magic and other abilities used outside of gameplay, it's just...it's silly, because to me it's almost like referencing the gameplay, which is stupid, because it's all the same game. You know what I mean though? It's like when something you like gets referenced elsewhere, I get that same sort of "Awww coooool!" feeling, haha.

RebeledgeYamato

No disrespect, but a CG trailer can come out whenever the hell the devs want to make one. This was originally a promotional trailer shown in movie theaters, so it's already sorta old.

Lastly this video does an exceedingly good job at showing you what this game is, the premise, different elements of the scenery and story, and the things you can do in the game - every single thing that Dante did was one of his actual abilities in the game.

Yes, it's CG, but no self-respecting gamer worth their salt would actually think a CG trailer represents the exact quality of the product. And if it dupes some poor sucker, it's their fault for not doing more research on what they intended to buy.

Pardon me for not being a self pretenious fan would unquestionably give NinjaTheory the benefit of the doubt.

Too many games make the mistake of luring fans with appealing visual quality. Glad to know a small speck of a reveal alone is what it takes to get your interest, you know its not like research and keeping track of gameplay footage helps. Thanks for reminding us what it takes to enjoy the appearance of a subpar game with seemingly low standards attached.

No disrespect ^ ^

RebeledgeYamato

So you want to confirm yourself that you didn't play the demo or do I have to pull it out of your nose?

I've already played the Demo. Your welcome to see the proof for yourself. Already spent time on all the modes, found the rhythn to jump cancel, found the collectibles, and dealt with the shenanigans such as the noobish enemy step.

Or you can call me a liar, and disconnect your mind from reality. Power to you whatever choice you make.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Pardon me for not being a self pretenious fan would unquestionably give NinjaTheory the benefit of the doubt.

Too many games make the mistake of luring fans with appealing visual quality. Glad to know a small speck of a reveal alone is what it takes to get your interest, you know its not like research and keeping track of gameplay footage helps. Thanks for reminding us what it takes to enjoy the appearance of a subpar game with seemingly low standards attached.

No disrespect ^ ^

Where the hell did this come from? How am I pretentious at all? How am I unquestionably giving Ninja Theory the benefit of the doubt? Benefit of the doubt on what? They made goddamn CG trailer, they're not entitled to?

And how can you say what piques my interest? You don't even know me. So I happened to like this trailer, big whoop, I thought it was pretty cool, but I'm not "taken in by the pretty visuals," I've been following this game for two years :/ And **** dude, you just mentioned research and keeping track of the game, and that's exactly what I said.

That's me, talking about "doing research and keeping track of gameplay" in order to make an informed purchase (or not make one, if you will). Hell that isn't really strictly a "gaming" thing either, it's just smart consumerism in general, making sure to only purchase things you're really going to enjoy/use. If researching deeper into something that piqued my interest makes me pretentious, then the common man must be goddamn retarded.

Dante47

Don't be so narcissistic. We're all big boys (and girls) here.
The who have signed up for accounts on this forum are obviously keeping up with footage and recent publications.
What you're saying is awfully presumptuous.
No disrespect ^ ^
It's a bit late for that.

Top Bottom