• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC "Deserved Better"

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Personally, I don't consider myself a pro-gamer (Anybody who watched any of my vids can vouch for that XD ) but at the same time I don't want the game to hold my hand, that's why I stick to the default. I feel that's the standard, and I judge if the difficulty is too hard or easy based on it, not other settings.
Vanilla DmC for example, I heard the game was really easy, so breaking my own rule, I played the game on Nephillim (Which going by the default difficulties, should be hard mode) and honestly, DMC2's (the game where one of the main criticisms was a lack of any real challenge) normal mode made me break more of a sweat in comparison (Again, I said Vanilla DmC, Definitive Edition uped the difficulty, one of the many reasons I love it)
@Director Bison Now see, I wish I could have moments like that with my nephew, back when he was 8 he threw a tantrum because I refused to let him play Devil May Cry, or God of War......Personally I blame his mother's family.

Anywho, kid's 12 now, and he only plays games on easy lol, and he wonders why he could never beat me at Marvel vs Capcom 3

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Anywho, kid's 12 now, and he only plays games on easy lol, and he wonders why he could never beat me at Marvel vs Capcom 3
there's nothing wrong with playing on only easy

when i was his age i also played on just easy mode and i used invincibility cheat codes as much as i could

but eventually with game's like Ninja Gaiden 2 and DMC3 i learned on my own just how satisfying beating a really hard game can be

you can say that was just me growing with my taste in games
but i don't think 8 year old me would have had that much fun with NG 2

but then again at the same time if NG2 had a super easy mode like in Bayonetta were it regenerates your health
maybe a younger me could have had fun
its hard to say
all i know is i appreciated the path i chose as a gamer and i wouldn't change anything about it

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Would you get mad at toddlers who put up the bumpers when you go bowling?
I'm guessing they probably would.
I get tired of gamers thinking certain games out there have to only cater to them.
Get used to it, buddy. Nothing's going to change. That's all there is to it.

------

I agree with everything that was said in that video.

Everything.

Last edited:

Triggerpigking

It depends on the game imo, a game like dark souls, made easier would ruin a massive part of the game, and the fact that there is an easier mode would give players an out and make the game feel safer, so they would'nt have to learn the game and gradually overcome it which is a huge part of the souls series.
However for a game like star fox zero? eh, it's cool I suppose, I don't see why it's an invulnerable mode and not just a very easy one, after all if you're so bad you can't play this game at all...why would you be playing it then xD, it's not like there's much more to starfox then the gameplay.

Goldsickle

Now see, I wish I could have moments like that with my nephew, back when he was 8 he threw a tantrum because I refused to let him play Devil May Cry, or God of War......Personally I blame his mother's family.
My nephew was able to beat Blade Wolf on Hard Mode in Metal Gear Rising back when he was 3-4 years old.

To be fair, he was playing with all the upgrades.

He's dependent if I'm around, handing the controller to me at hard parts.
But I discovered that if he plays solo when I'm not around, he's able to make his own progress.

I'm like a crutch. Take away the crutch and he starts walking on his own.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
My nephew was able to beat Blade Wolf on Hard Mode in Metal Gear Rising back when he was 3-4 years old.

To be fair, he was playing with all the upgrades.

He's dependent if I'm around, handing the controller to me at hard parts.
But I discovered that if he plays solo when I'm not around, he's able to make his own progress.

I'm like a crutch. Take away the crutch and he starts walking on his own.
Yeah in another instance...he did clear the main story of Arkham City in a day...On easy...and I fought all, but one of the bosses for him

Goldsickle

Yeah in another instance...he did clear the main story of Arkham City in a day...On easy...and I fought all, but one of the bosses for him
My nephew also played a Batman Arkham game (Knight).

.... and he deleted my save file when I was already in the middle of finishing New Game Plus.

I know I should have opened a separate save file for him but I wanted to let him play AR challenges I already unlocked.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
My brother has never played past mission 2 in any DMC game because it's just too difficult for him. I want him to understand why I love DMC so much but because he can't play, he'll never understand. Easy modes ruin games for hardcore gamers if you choose to play on easy mode, I wish DMC's had super easy modes that my brother could play on so that he would even play DMC games.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
My brother has never played past mission 2 in any DMC game because it's just too difficult for him. I want him to understand why I love DMC so much but because he can't play, he'll never understand. Easy modes ruin games for hardcore gamers if you choose to play on easy mode, I wish DMC's had super easy modes that my brother could play on so that he would even play DMC games.
don't force it on your Bro
i unfortunately did that and it did not help at all
he played 1 and 3 but still didn't like them

people have to play games of there own accord
if you make someone play a game they will never fully enjoy it because they know that they didn't choose to play themselves

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
don't force it on your Bro
i unfortunately did that and it did not help at all
he played 1 and 3 but still didn't like them

people have to play games of there own accord
if you make someone play a game they will never fully enjoy it because they know that they didn't choose to play themselves
Yeah you're probably right, he just doesn't understand my love for the DMC series and I thought the only way he would is to play himself but he can't cause it's too difficult for him.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I appreciate the pleasant discussion guys, but it doesn't fit the main purpose of this thread. You're more than welcome to make another thread talking about difficulties in games and personal experiences with them.

Goldsickle

I'm still confused about the need to reboot.

If I were to make an educated guess, it might be due to how it's too much trouble or hassle to make a sequel directly from DMC2, where Dante is in another realm and Lucia waits for him in his office.

It's just weird how the last two games were "before DMC2" prequels one after another.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think its less about it being a hassle to move forward from and just them not like being reminded DMC2 existed. It's an old shame that the dev team rather not deal with so they try to ignore it. Whether DMC needs to deal with DMC2 to move forward is a whole another argument that I dont have the answer too. Partly because I stopped caring about resolving DMC2/DMC4 and I rather just have gotten more young Dante games instead of Nero.

tbh the best way to have resolve DMC2 back in the day would have been to introduce Nero as Dante's kid who came to ask his old man for some advice only to find Lucia (which they could still do but it wont have as much impact).

So right now its best we accept that there is no real plan or focus for DMC and that everything that happened was a whim that made sense at the time. It probably be what DMC5 or DmC2 or DMC x whatever ends up being.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
tbh the best way to have resolve DMC2 back in the day would have been to introduce Nero as Dante's kid who came to ask his old man for some advice only to find Lucia (which they could still do but it wont have as much impact).

Am I the only one who flashed back to Creed? Ya'know, the Rocky spin-off, Sylvester Stallone and Michael B. Jordan?

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I'm still confused about the need to reboot.

If I were to make an educated guess, it might be due to how it's too much trouble or hassle to make a sequel directly from DMC2, where Dante is in another realm and Lucia waits for him in his office.

It's just weird how the last two games were "before DMC2" prequels one after another.
While I'm sure that's the reason for some outsourcing, Capcom have said multiple times in regard to DmC that they wanted to appeal to a more Western audience and thought that a UK developer would be better at that than a Japanese developer. Considering the American market is the largest video game market, maybe going with a UK developer like NT to try and appeal to Americans wasn't the best way to go. Then again if an American gaming company would have made DmC it probably would have ended up a first person shooter.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I probably would have liked it more if it was actually in the UK because i was a big Being Human, Misfits, Dr. Who/Torchwood fan when this game came out.

Tbh I never got the need for westernization as i grew up watching anime and Im pretty sure most my age read more Naruto than DC/Marvel growing up.

Top Bottom