• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
  • The gameplay itself is faster and more fluid.
  • The color coded enemies DO take damage to other weapons, however you can't rake them up with the scythe.
  • Lock-On doesn't affect anything accept forward forward triangle/Y attacks.
  • Dante looks hella rad in the DMC1 outfit
  • Hardcore mode makes the enemies lives go down slower, building the style meter harder, and makes you receive higher damage.
  • Parrying is tougher now compared to before with a smaller window to do so.

Devil Player

I've just watched it. It was pretty good and intense.

New game over screen ( Dante's amulet breaks in pieces )

They got rid of a evade button in order to come with the lock on feature

Enemies were stronger and attacked more. Maybe that's because he was playing on harder modes, I guess.

First mission's details were impressive. You can see much better graphics and better details.

Devil trigger won't send enemies to the air anymore.

You can hit any color coded enemy with any weapon, though it seems if you hit them with opposite weapons, the damage will be small.

I think that's it. He played the first mission, including the Hunter fight. Then he played the first 20 levels of bloody palace and started fighting Poison...

Devil Player

The hunter fight took him 3 deaths I think, and also a pretty long time. Looking forward to it!

Yeah, but that wasn't really necessary. He could have used a vital star before.

Besides, he kept trying to hit the Hunter with Osiris, which is a weak weapon against him. It barely did a tiny damage. It's like they tried to tell us that the game was actually harder than what it looks to be, but that was way too much exposition, lol.

By the way, I noticed that the harder mode had all the missions available, but several of them didn't even have the final ranking . Mission 2 had SS, but Mission 1 only had that---- written. Does that mean all missions are already available on harder modes and you can choose them without having to follow their order?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Yeah, but that wasn't really necessary. He could have used a vital star before.

Besides, he kept trying to hit the Hunter with Osiris, which is a weak weapon against him. It barely did a tiny damage. It's like they tried to tell us that the game was actually harder than what it looks to be, but that was way too much exposition, lol.

By the way, I noticed that the harder mode had all the missions available, but several of them didn't even have the final ranking . Mission 2 had SS, but Mission 1 only had that---- written. Does that mean all missions are already available on harder modes and you can choose them without having to follow their order?

In his defense, games like DmC can be challenging to play if you're also trying to talk through them. ;)

Maybe if you play through it once. I think everyone's required to play it on nephilim before son of sparda unlocks, right? I'll be playing it on nephilim with the additional modes unlocked then. It's not very difficult otherwise.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
When I get that game, I'll kill myself right away so I can gif it for tumblr. :)
Until then, I'll just have to enjoy this still.
kgHnIoi.jpg

(Also, curse you Twitch Play Button!!!)

Dante94513

Greg...come on dude. 3 deaths man?

Also, I'm still cutting away from upgrade weapon and ability damage. The style rank is huge improved now, but you can still get a very easy SSS rank from Arbiter ( though not from demon dodge so far and it looks like because the combo damage was upgraded), so I believe people will still take advantage of that, expose it, say they were liars, and criticize it like in the original. Which is ridiculous because they had an option to increase the damage or not by turning it out in the menu.

Gbraga

Great game over screen, I need to watch this gameplay, missed it!

So, I'm pretty excited with the idea of streaming my first playthrough to try and explain a bit about experimenting with abilities and so on, kind of a beginner's guide, do any of you guys know if you can download your twitch archive to upload to youtube later?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Greg...come on dude. 3 deaths man?

Also, I'm still cutting away from upgrade weapon and ability damage. The style rank is huge improved now, but you can still get a very easy SSS rank from Arbiter ( though not from demon dodge so far and it looks like because the combo damage was upgraded), so I believe people will still take advantage of that, expose it, say they were liars, and criticize it like in the original. Which is ridiculous because they had an option to increase the damage or not by turning it out in the menu.

I'm a little worried that people are gonna be like 'DmC has to be difficult in order for it to be good' because what I loved about DmC is that my friends (who just aren't very good at these kind of games) can enjoy the game, people who love making combos and looking good can enjoy the game, and now, people who like difficulty in their games can enjoy the game. I know it's hard, maybe even impossible, to make a game accessible for every single kind of player but I'd really rather not see everyone focus its attention on difficulty too much. To me, style rankings are just nice to see after a mission but they aren't of the utmost importance. But that's just me, and I'm just that kind of player I suppose.

Dante94513

I'm a little worried that people are gonna be like 'DmC has to be difficult in order for it to be good' because what I loved about DmC is that my friends (who just aren't very good at these kind of games) can enjoy the game, people who love making combos and looking good can enjoy the game, and now, people who like difficulty in their games can enjoy the game. I know it's hard, maybe even impossible, to make a game accessible for every single kind of player but I'd really rather not see everyone focus its attention on difficulty too much. To me, style rankings are just nice to see after a mission but they aren't of the utmost importance. But that's just me, and I'm just that kind of player I suppose.

Agreed. Besides, if I want to play difficult game, I expect that for Ninja Gaiden. Not DMC. Now that's not to say I don't want to be challenged, but I thought DmC has ways to make the game challenging anyway. No damage upgrades, barely using grapples (I'm practicing staying in the air with enemy stomp now), and using demon dodge and parry when needed. DMC4 was the same way for me too. You can make it easy or challenging. It really helps both the variety and depth in combat and gameplay aswell.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Agreed. Besides, if I want to play difficult game, I expect that for Ninja Gaiden. Not DMC. Now that's not to say I don't want to be challenged, but I thought DmC has ways to make the game challenging anyway. No damage upgrades, barely using grapples (I'm practicing staying in the air with enemy stomp now), and using demon dodge and parry when needed. DMC4 was the same way for me too. You can make it easy or challenging. It really helps both the variety and depth in combat and gameplay aswell.

Well I don't agree with that, I expect difficulty from a DMC game, yes.
But to each his own, I guess.

Rolanthas

Difficulty is an interesting topic for me regarding DMC / DmC. I do think it's not the main focus of the combat, unlike NG ( well I'm surely oversimplifying it, but you get the idea ). I expect my not so obsessed friends to be able to finish the game in normal, but expect a pretty hefty scaling for higher difficulties.

This was my main issue regarding DmC. Higher difficulties simply didn't provide the level of scaling old games did, not to mention none of the enemies or bosses got new attacks, which is probably a bigger personal caveat.

Gbraga

I'm trying to figure out what kind of layout I could use >_>

I really want to try lock-on, but DmC's button layout was made for auto-lock, so I'm having trouble fitting everything and still saving an accessible button for Gun Special.

Judge

I'm trying to figure out what kind of layout I could use >_>

I really want to try lock-on, but DmC's button layout was made for auto-lock, so I'm having trouble fitting everything and still saving an accessible button for Gun Special.

You know that 'lock-on' that was so widely demanded for looks pontless. DmC's lock-on already worked fine before that was present.

I doubt I'll be using it, looks to slow me down and hinder me. DmC looked like it worked fine without it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You know that 'lock-on' that was so widely demanded for looks pontless. DmC's lock-on already worked fine before that was present.

I disagree wit this, I felt it really uncomfortable to perform certain moves. I'm actually curious to try the new lock-on with my hands and see how it feels to me.

Gbraga

It's not pointless, and I much prefer the lock-on modifiers for inputs (both at the same time is pretty awesome though), but the DmC control scheme is made for auto-lock, we have a launch button, we have a dodge button, with only those two you already have two inputs you wouldn't need if the controls were made for lock-on in the first place.

Top Bottom