• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

The Final Offer

I'm really looking forward to it. DmC should be the first game I buy for PS4 and its cheaper than a brand new game release. So thats a bonus.

I would definetly give DmC an 8-8.5/10. Its no where near a 7 imo. I would say the previous games are about 7s.

I don't think the game's rushed, its had two years since it was first released. More than two actually. So its jus the right time. I'm mainly looking forward to seeing some new moves, hopefully theres a few in there. Thats what prevented me from enjoying the game to its fullest when it came out the first time. Just wern't enough moves for me.

It will look great running at 60FPS and 1080p so that alone I think will be worth it. Its also a great oppertunity for players who didn't play it the first time to pick it up this time.

It IS looking great running 60fps 1080p.

Fwelias

Ya I don't think there are be gonna any new moves. With the addition of the hard lock on I'd like to see some. Following traditional Devil May Cry fashion, the lock on could be used to nearly double the combo list. If they have no plans for a DmC2 then I hope they continue to improve this one. Maybe we can get five editions of this game like Street Fighter ;)

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Man, I love how the DmC's achievements use quotes from the older games, it's a nice touch.

I love it too. The achievement names, along with the costumes, are a nice nod back to the classic games. As much as I would love for DmC to be its own game completely, I wouldn't mind many more hints like these. Like, I don't know, Dante coming across a picture of classic Dante for some reason... :)

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I could see DmC Dante playing on a PS3 with a copy of Devil May Cry HD collection and Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition for a nice easter egg.

It would be great. :D

Also, this is just something I've been thinking about... do you think Capcom pushed DmC forward to distance themselves more from the GTA V PC release? That one's scheduled for March 24.

The Final Offer

No. I just think alot of games are coming out in March and if they can pump this game out sooner, they most definitely will. Also, Capcom must have something else lined up.

Fwelias

I could see DmC Dante playing on a PS3 with a copy of Devil May Cry HD collection and Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition for a nice easter egg.
I remember playing Megaman Starforce and if you had a Megaman Battle Network game in the GB cartridge then you'd get an Easter egg where Geo would meet Megaman.exe. I think it'd be really cool if Capcom added something like that for people who get both DmC: DE and DMC4:SE

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Classic Vergil Skin finally revealed, more gameplay shown, AND IT'LL BE A WEEK EARLY!?!?
Just announce a pc version and I'm set for HYPE UMLIMITED.

Also, unless Microsoft changed it's 1000 point cap limit for first releases (Original DmC got a extra 250 for the Vergil DLC) then that's all we have. And it looks like the "Clear Nephilim" with SSS achievements (Jackpot! & I'll Try It Your Way For Once) has been replaced with just general "SSS" tallies.

Last edited:

Fwelias

Classic Vergil Skin finally revealed, more gameplay shown, AND IT'LL BE A WEEK EARLY!?!?
Just announce a pc version and I'm set for HYPE UMLIMITED.

Also, unless Microsoft changed it's 1000 point cap limit for first releases (Original DmC got a extra 250 for the Vergil DLC) then that's all we have. And it looks like the "Clear Nephilim" with SSS achievements (Jackpot! & I'll Try It Your Way For Once) has been replaced with just general "SSS" tallies.
Ya definitely a lot has been shown this week. I agree that I think the achievement list is final. I wonder if Capcom will include challenges for the Xbox One (I have no idea if PS4 has this feature). I am excited to turn one of those good looking achievements into my background.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So I'm curious about one thing. Objectively speaking, how excited are you for the Definitive Edition based on what you've seen so far?

It was an insta-buy for me just knowing it would be on PS4, and then it was a super insta-buy when they showed those first few seconds of the DMC1 outfit. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeen it just sorta got more set in stone from there. You could etch my receipt into a piece of goddamn granite for how set my purchase is. Is granite really hard? Because that's what I was getting at...

Also super happy that DmC-DE- had its release date pushed up by a week, so it's coming out March 10th now! :D

The Final Offer

I'm crossing my fingers only because I'm hoping the extra cutscene will be Dante setting up a shop and in this shop is an arcade full of classic Capcom games. Please oh Please let him restore his mansion so I can see each room. Definitely trying to get more information on Sparda.

There I go again thinking about insane amounts of content through logical means.

Top Bottom