• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You know, DmC Definitive Edition could have been just a port of the same exact game with the DLC for the PS4 and Xbox. Instead, it's something that they went back to and put some serious work in to. Giving people the options to do all the things people wanted to do, retuning the mechanics and overall gameplay, a bunch of new content, etc. etc.

Also, it's only going to be priced at about $40 at launch.

THAT'S how you do a port. They're actually giving a compelling argument to invest in another copy of the game which I wouldn't be getting if it was just the same thing. It's my biggest issue with the gaming industry and their idea of ports and HD remakes. Just a little polish and trying to sell people on the same stuff as if its worth it.

If the DMC 4 Special Edition seriously doesn't put forth an effort to actually improve on the game like the Definitive DmC is doing, then that will be just sad. And vanilla DmC is still a well made game in its own right that was still a fun Devil May Cry. This is just really getting better where it counts.

This is certainly better then DMC HD collection which was just the same games but "better polished" graphics that were barely better polished. DMC1 reduced it;s difficulty from the PS2 original port, DMC2 was still DMC2 (though the graphics were better), and DMC3 was still DMC3. I'm still ****ed that we can't shoot the loading bar for DMC3.

Meanwhile DmC definitive already has all the things people complained about it not having and then some.

ji-high

It's cool they gave those old school costumes for those who like them but personally i think i'm still going to stick with the 'original' in this one. For some reason i feel like the old hairstyle and costumes are a bit out of place in this universe(just like regular clothes would look weird in DMC IMO), reason why i've never used the DMC3 costume. I wish they gave Dante another 'normal' outfit. It suits him better IMO.... not a big deal at all though.

Ha! Starting to sound like the 'white hair' whiners back in 2010 lol. Difference is though, i can't freaking wait to play the games!!!!(both of them). Gosh March is soooo far away....

Captain Xin

Welcome to exactly what Tameem said three years ago about why classic Dante would look silly in the urban context of DmC. The costumes look really cool and all, but from a narrative standpoint, they are really just too flamboyant :p

I actually thought the new skin looks pretty decent.(The DMC1 one in the trailer that is )

But I can't say the same with the older "Classic" DMC3 inspired skin though. It just looks weird on him, like someone copied and pasted the DMC3 looks and tossed the protagonist in it just for the sake of doing a classic look, even the looks of that wig-joke looks better than that skin.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
My first thought upon seeing this on FB was: why the hell didn't they do this in the first place?
I'm both thrilled and insanely ****ed off.
Marketing gimmicks, go ******* figure.
I won't be getting this game. Will definitely play it but not buying.
Well done, NT.
And **** you, Capcom.
When DMC5 comes out, I'll wait for it to be available on rental before I touch it.
And then I'll wait another 3 years to see if Capcom pull another stunt like this and buy the remastered edition instead. They're not seeing another ******* cent out of me until then.
Bloody bastards.
Hi ho silver, away.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
It's cool they gave those old school costumes for those who like them but personally i think i'm still going to stick with the 'original' in this one. For some reason i feel like the old hairstyle and costumes are a bit out of place in this universe(just like regular clothes would look weird in DMC IMO), reason why i've never used the DMC3 costume. I wish they gave Dante another 'normal' outfit. It suits him better IMO.... not a big deal at all though.

I like the fact that they're including skins of the old Dante in the game, absolutely. In fact, I think they're necessary because without the original Devil May Cry games, we wouldn't have DmC.

However, I agree with you here. When playing DmC, I prefer playing with his own outfits. Even the neo outfit! I thought it was weird at first but I've grown to love it. Kinda wonder what he'd look like in an extremely normal outfit. You know, jeans and maybe a black t-shirt.

I'm hoping that they'll include more than 2 skins, but I'm not crossing my fingers here. Here in the game industry, I'm tired of getting my hopes up. :) I'll just let 'em surprise me.

Exejpgwmv

My first thought upon seeing this on FB was: why the hell didn't they do this in the first place?
Do what first?
Make a Definitive Edition, or include all of the features of the Definitive Edition in the vanilla game?(Either in the first place, or via an update.)

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I'm hoping that they'll include more than 2 skins, but I'm not crossing my fingers here. Here in the game industry, I'm tired of getting my hopes up. :) I'll just let 'em surprise me.
Is anyone else hoping for a DMC2 skin?

That outfit is splendid (and sadly the best part about DMC2 :tongue: ).
latest

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't mean to spread negativity here, but it seems that some people are throwing their complaints back in Capcom's face. Can't say I'm surprised though.

Why are THEY complaining?
They whined about it not being 60fps. There it is.
They whined about no lock-on. There it is.
They whined about no turbo mode. There it is.
They whined about the "unbalanced" mechanics. There, it's "fixed".

It feels more like they just wanna find a reason to moan because this trailer was more about DmC and less about DMC4: SE, to which I say you can eat a whole ass. Wait till your DMC4: SE trailer comes out. Don't ruin it for the rest of us who actually WANT to play this new DmC.

ji-high

I don't mean to spread negativity here, but it seems that some people are throwing their complaints back in Capcom's face. Can't say I'm surprised though.
Insane, isn't it? I've come to the conclusion that some people are 'offended' by the mere existence of this game because no matter what NT & Capcom do, it'll NEVER be enough. And those are supposedly the people developers/publishers should be listening to..... give me a goddamn break.

As long as they keep their crap in DMC4 section i couldn't care less anyway.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
As long as they keep their crap in DMC4 section i couldn't care less anyway.

In my honest opinion thats the wrong attitude to have man, its those "battle lines" being drawn threw the forum once again, fans should not have to stick to just 1 section while the others stay in another, why can't we all just discuss the DMC series whether it be good or bad?

People should be allowed to voice their dislike for DmC so long as they do it in respectful way (without insulting others of course), telling them to keep out of the DmC section just seems wrong to me.

Also I have been keeping a eye on these recent developments but have not been seeing much hate being thrown around here, where is all this hate located in the thread?

Maybe I missed it.

GF9000000Returns

Also I have been keeping a eye on these recent developments but have not been seeing much hate being thrown around here, where is all this hate located in the thread?

Maybe I missed it.

I've seen a lot of hate in Youtube and Silconera. Some people there actually STOPPED calling Capcom greedy bastards because of the DMC4:SE, but they talk sh!t about this game, even when they company listened.

*sigh* Y'know something, I'm actually starting to have second thoughts about a couple features in this and those are some of the costumes(DMC3 costume) and the lock-on system. I thought the reason behind this game in the first place was to differentiate some aspects and improve on them. Why do we need that damn lock-on for? If that's how Capcom's gonna be by appeasing the haters/rude fans and then getting spit on later for doing these improvements, then that shows me that Capcom has NO BACKBONE and they're losing dignity as a company.

I understand sometimes you gotta listen to the fans, but listening to fans that add insults to their complaints and then later throws their complaints back in their faces is crossing the line. I believe all companies shouldn't listen to rude fans. They should listen to those who presented their complaints with respect. Eff that "be professional" phrase. If the fans are rude, CHECK THEM!

Last edited:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I've seen a lot of hate in Youtube and Silconera. Some people there actually STOPPED calling Capcom greedy bastards because of the DMC4:SE, but they talk sh!t about this game, even when they company listened.

Well Youtube is a s#*tfest anyway so I would not take anything posted there to heart, but I was actually talking about where was the hate being thrown around for this HERE on the forum.

But yea, rude fans who do nothing but insult and hate should not be rewarded, I tend to ignore them myself, but fans who do post their criticisms in a respectful way deserves to be heard in my opinion.

So long as its constructive and respectful I just don't get why those fans can't be heard and have their opinions respected as well.

Thats all I'm saying man.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I usual response by DMC fans is "Yeah... So they fixed everything, but that won't change the crap story or terrible Donte character."

Top Bottom