• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

corrnata

Have you notice on the devil may cry facebook page that the profile photo both logos for DMC4SE and DmC DE are in the profile photos that kind of tells me that capcom wants both to coexist

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Or just showing off that there are two great games available from them this year. Don't read too much into mundane things, especially on the social media page that isn't exactly inherently connected to the inner-workings of the franchise. It's just another social setting like Capcom-Unity.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Or just showing off that there are two great games available from them this year. Don't read too much into mundane things, especially on the social media page that isn't exactly inherently connected to the inner-workings of the franchise. It's just another social setting like Capcom-Unity.

Yeah, they said the focus was now gonna be on DMC4: SE, but that doesn't mean that they want to sweep DmC: DE under the rug. I'm quite happy about the icon, actually.

GregaMan

Have you notice on the devil may cry facebook page that the profile photo both logos for DMC4SE and DmC DE are in the profile photos that kind of tells me that capcom wants both to coexist
I did that. And yeah, don't read too much into it. We have two games under that IP to promote right now. I intend to have a gradual transition of focus from DE to 4SE, meaning there will be a period of double-promotion. What a time to be a fan!

Eventually the profile pic will be replaced with a DMC4SE-specific one.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
In a perfect world, the two incarnations could coexist in peace. Side by side complimenting each other and making the Devil May Cry lineage even more grand. But man those comments. It's like you can't like both. It's always with them or against them. Both are stylish. Both are Devil May Cry.

@sssensational that's a ssstylish sexy sig.

It's like Star Wars and Star Trek fans... only in the same franchise...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@GregaMan

I'm sorry about you being pressured into moving on.

As for me, while I have moved on out of necessity (as you can see with my avi), I'll always have a soft spot for DmC (DE only, that is).

Because nothing beats GMD + Must Style + Hardcore + Turbo.

Notice how almost no one has posted a playthrough of GMD + MSM + HCM + TB?

I'm literally waiting for the first person to spout out something like, "IT'S ONLY HARD BECAUSE IT'S CHEAP."

Last edited:

Akame

@GregaMan
I'm literally waiting for the first person to spout out something like, "IT'S ONLY HARD BECAUSE IT'S CHEAP."
I'l record walkthrough if it will be released on pc as dlc soon.I really hope so, cause tired already to play vanilla version on pc.Its fun, but i wanna new stuff. Also, it looks strange that pc version of DMC 4 SE already revealed and we still have to wait some info about pc fate of Definitive edition... I know, its all about sales, but sorry, we waited long enough already.

Judge

@GregaMan

I'm sorry about you being pressured into moving on.

As for me, while I have moved on out of necessity (as you can see with my avi), I'll always have a soft spot for DmC (DE only, that is).

You can search the leaderboards and last I checked only five players were on the GMD Hardcore leaderboard.

Some of those players might have done videos.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
You can search the leaderboards and last I checked only five players were on the GMD Hardcore leaderboard.

Some of those players might have done videos.

I'm working on GMD right now, but Hardcore generates different scores so it might take a while until mine shows up.

corrnata

I did that. And yeah, don't read too much into it. We have two games under that IP to promote right now. I intend to have a gradual transition of focus from DE to 4SE, meaning there will be a period of double-promotion. What a time to be a fan!

Eventually the profile pic will be replaced with a DMC4SE-specific one.
My dreams and hopes are gone :'(

GregaMan

Take heart, guys, that's just how promotion works. You have to shine the spotlight on the product you're currently trying to push. I'm still looking for good DmC content and there's still a tournament on the way, so please keep sharing vids and stuff.

Also, re: coexisting:
I agree, that would be my personal ideal outcome. We're in a very special time right now, and it is to be savored. Whatever does happen, I think we should all take comfort in knowing that there are people in the world who are creating games and who "get it." The rest is just window dressing, ultimately.

In (ninja) theory, the more people you can reach with an IP, the stronger the IP. Mega Man (and its creator, for that matter) was king of reinvention, and let me tell you, the irony inherent in "community managing" Mega Man Legends 3 and DmC back-to-back is not lost on me. MML was in fact the much more drastic betrayal of what had come before it, but internet vocality was not the beast it's become at the time of MML's inception, and somewhere along the way it just became another leg of a broad IP. It would be nice if one day Devil May Cry is seen as a rich, multi-legged IP instead of this bizarre perception of "real versus imposter," as though these things weren't both products of the same enterprise.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Sorry for the poor quality, but I did some wicked combos on DmC I wanted to share. Especially with I Aquila drive all the enemies in to the gears. SSStylish if I do say so myself. This is al vanilla DmC on PS3. One day I will make a proper combo vid with a capture card, and I hope to enter the tournament.

I need a capture card so bad :'(

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted

Sorry for the poor quality, but I did some wicked combos on DmC I wanted to share. Especially with I Aquila drive all the enemies in to the gears. SSStylish if I do say so myself. This is al vanilla DmC on PS3. One day I will make a proper combo vid with a capture card, and I hope to enter the tournament.

I need a capture card so bad :'(

you really need a capture card, i love your gameplay, so many good players here having different style.. and yes, what's the song? i'm familiar with the vocals and riffs style but can't tell for sure, was it breaking benjamin?

edit : nope, not breaking benjamin, vocal is different

Top Bottom