• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition at it's Hardest

Exejpgwmv

air combat can be a godsend when dealing with all that. It's sadly how I cheat my way through most of DmC's GMD.
That's not cheating though.

The game was even designed to put an emphasis on mid-air combat.

The player in the videos I posted is using it to his advantage as well.

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
Yeah, DmC can be pretty exploitable... I don't claim to be nearly as skilled as the guy in the video, but I'd be lying if I said it looked hard.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Honestly, this player isn't all THAT skilled. I've seen way better players with this game. He himself IS good, of course, but I've seen this
and this doesn't seem as MASTER level.

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
Honestly, this player isn't all THAT skilled. I've seen way better players with this game. He himself IS good, of course, but I've seen this
and this doesn't seem as MASTER level.

Dang, that's awesome! The way the guy made good use of DmC's placement mechanics/stuff to spice up the combos are impressive. It makes me want to jump back into the game and play completely differently.

Dante94513

You haven't played it at it's hardest till you do put all those modes in AND take away the increase damage skills on your attacks and abilities, or make it harder by taking away most of the Lv. 2 upgrades like SteelSerpent did in his run on the original version. Then you might be seeing hell.

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
You haven't played it at it's hardest till you do put all those modes in AND take away the increase damage skills on your attacks and abilities, or make it harder by taking away most of the Lv. 2 upgrades like SteelSerpent did in his run on the original version. Then you might be seeing hell.

The game still won't be difficult for me. It has to do with the combat being quite exploitable.

Dante94513

That's pretty much what my view was for DMC4, which is why I barely used DB, and use two styles, one gun, one sword sometimes to challenge myself.

Edit: Just realized something will playing the game on SOS with no lv.2 upgrades.

1. The less enemies in the air, the faster you will drop.
2. Exploits like staying in the air may save you, but will possibly not give you a high rank. Since you'll be weak as hell, and will reach to a hand full of enemies. You have to come up with a great combination of weapons and tactics in not just in the air, but on the ground to get up with around 600,000 points or more. Not even Demon Dodge Lv.1 can make things much better.

Last edited:

Dante94513

I guess I only just use Angel/Demon whip if I need to. I hardly use it unless I want to do a kicker, or punch.

Top Bottom