• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc dante vs DMC3 vergil

who wins

• Total voters

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Plus, I think that DmC Dante would probably end Vergil quicker then DMC3 Dante did because he's seen darker times then old Dante and therefore is able to do more damage and end this evil before it manifest further. Unlike old Dante in DMC3 who ****ed around and joked about parties, new Dante would focus on just trying to kill Vergil and end all this before it got worse.

Yeah, I found that rather stupid that DMC3 Dante didn't stop with the party crap and actually go and do the job that he's suppose to do. I mean, all he really does is ignore calls from people who really do need help all because he didn't have a name for his office yet, laughed and wo-hoo-d while Lady was explaining about her mom's death at the hands of her father.

DMC3 Dante's just a joke.

at least with new Dante he would have handled it quicker and stopped this evil right at the first fight with Vergil..

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yeah, I found that rather stupid that DMC3 Dante didn't stop with the party crap and actually go and do the job that he's suppose to do. I mean, all he really does is ignore calls from people who really do need help all because he didn't have a name for his office yet, laughed and wo-hoo-d while Lady was explaining about her mom's death at the hands of her father.

DMC3 Dante's just a joke.

at least with new Dante he would have handled it quicker and stopped this evil right at the first fight with Vergil..

Well he was suppose to be a joke. He's an action character in a video game. But even so, I do agree that when a giant tower rises from the ground, and demons are killing millions, now's not the time to think "PARTY! THIS PARTY'S CRAZYY!!! DERP DERP DERP!!!"

Bazilican

Well he was suppose to be a joke. He's an action character in a video game. But even so, I do agree that when a giant tower rises from the ground, and demons are killing millions, now's not the time to think "PARTY! THIS PARTY'S CRAZYY!!! DERP DERP DERP!!!"

Ugh, I can' stand that douchebag attitude he has. I'm glad nostalgia hasn't hindered my ability to tell the difference between actual character, and a tool who's the off-spring of Jersey Shore and a 13 episode anime series.

DragonMaster2010

Ugh, I can' stand that douchebag attitude he has. I'm glad nostalgia hasn't hindered my ability to tell the difference between actual character, and a tool who's the off-spring of Jersey Shore and a 13 episode anime series.

apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg

Bazilican

But DMC3 IS the best DMC game. Sales may not show it but its a fan favorite. Personally I prefer DmC though.

I don't like any of them. Good for you that you like DmC, but I just thought that it was a bit lacking, Y' know? Like it did touch on aspects I like, but it didn't really have what I enjoyed. Plus Dante cussing like a nine year old child wasn't any better. But I'd rather take that then some ass-hat with bleached hair pretending to be cool.

DragonMaster2010

I don't like any of them. Good for you that you like DmC, but I just thought that it was a bit lacking, Y' know? Like it did touch on aspects I like, but it didn't really have what I enjoyed. Plus Dante cussing like a nine year old child wasn't any better. But I'd rather take that then some ass-hat with bleached hair pretending to be cool.

What? DmC Dante doesn't even curse that much in DmC. Yeah an occasional F*ck you here and there, but other then that, he curses as much as any normal individual on the street. Plus he's at that age were he's a rebellious street kid who's been raised by killing demons and trusting only himself. Obviously his vocabulary isn't all there from the constant running he's been doing.

Bazilican

What? DmC Dante doesn't even curse that much in DmC. Yeah an occasional F*ck you here and there, but other then that, he curses as much as any normal individual on the street. Plus he's at that age were he's a rebellious street kid who's been raised by killing demons and trusting only himself. Obviously his vocabulary isn't all there from the constant running he's been doing.

true, but I just think "at least ton it down a bit." And yes, I do understand that when raised in a harsh environment, you gotta become harsh yourself. I think it would have made a bigger impact if they showed more backstory on his past.

DragonMaster2010

true, but I just think "at least ton it down a bit." And yes, I do understand that when raised in a harsh environment, you gotta become harsh yourself. I think it would have made a bigger impact if they showed more backstory on his past.

Yeah. More backstory would help.

I think we should PM this. You and I both know that DmC Dante would obviously win (and with less time), so let's continue this in private.

Bazilican

I think we should PM this. You and I both know that DmC Dante would obviously win (and with less time), so let's continue this in private.

Alright. It's obvious who wins anyway, so we'll P.M. Let the kids here have their dreams.:troll:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, I don't think my nostalgia got in the way of my analysis. After all, I've stated several times that DmC (in my honest opinion) is on par and even improves upon Devil May Cry 3 in some aspects.
Indeed. Some aspects.

Alright. It's obvious who wins anyway, so we'll P.M. Let the kids here have their dreams.:troll:
Edit: Very well. I don't have to PM about this.

I honestly don't know what my answer would be. Personally, Dante has the power, but not the experience nor the strategy to properly go toe-to-toe with Vergil... yet.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Old Vergil definitely.

The guy was a avid experienced professional in his sword combat and demon skills, much more so then even DMC3 Dante at the beginning of the game.

And considering that the whole premise of this new Dante is the fact that he is not as experienced or as honed in his skills with a sword (being described as a reckless brawler) and demon combat I would give the definite edge to old Vergil here.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So sorry we don't worship your god. (DMC3)
Hey, come on now. It's my favorite action game, as well. But only because of the gameplay.

Like I said before, if you applied almost the exact same gameplay (I say 'almost' because it's going to have at least minor differences) to something like... I dunno, Adventure Time, I would still enjoy the hell out of it.

I'm only saying this because I didn't particularly enjoy AT. If some people here like the show, that's great, but it's not for me.

I'll take a DMC3 Samurai Jack over AT any day.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Fran, I told you a few months back: get another email, get a new PSN account, then select "United States" as your country.

You can only access the store if your region is North America, Europe, or Japan (does that count as its own region??)

The same thing happened to me when I put "the wrong country" (I won't say which one) as my region. Then I got a new email, and a new account, and now I can access the damn store.

You might have to "hard reset" your PS3, though. I'm not sure. This happened with my Vita, and I had to hard reset it to get a completely new account.

I wanted to try that, but a friend of mine had everything work out perfectly...just to be randomly banned because he didn't provide "truthful" information.

Fast forward to this day, I grew some balls and did it and it worked perfectly...but psn cards here still cost F#$%&/ $60 for a $20 credit...and I dont have creit cards to get them from Amazon

SOOOOOO, I´ll buy some in the US when I visit some family there...I´ll have to be patient. meanwhile:
images

But at least I can bitch about it on the interwebz!

DragonMaster2010

Hey, come on now. It's my favorite action game, as well. But only because of the gameplay.

Like I said before, if you applied almost the exact same gameplay (I say 'almost' because it's going to have at least minor differences) to something like... I dunno, Adventure Time, I would still enjoy the hell out of it.

I'm only saying this because I didn't particularly enjoy AT. If some people here like the show, that's great, but it's not for me.

I'll take a DMC3 Samurai Jack over AT any day.

a DMC3 Samurai Jack game?
tumblr_inline_mmp3h8vYxk1rx7du0.gif

Top Bottom