• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Dante=DMC2 dante

Viper

Premium
I don't follow... it's Reuben's "fault" that I preferred anime Dante to DMC2 Dante (although that's not saying much)?

Or were you referring to Z218's post?
It seems I misread your post, somehow I read it as anime Dante being worse than DMC2 version... which it is, I have to check Japanese version, but as much as I love anime, Dante sounds bored all the time, kinda killing certain moments.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
as much as I love anime, Dante sounds bored all the time, kinda killing certain moments.

I know but I got the same vibe from DMC2, with the difference that in the anime, imo, he had more memorable moments, like the fight behind the theater curtain, with all the shadows thing going on, and the blood flowing under the curtain at the end.

Viper

Premium
I know but I got the same vibe from DMC2, with the difference that in the anime, imo, he had more memorable moments, like the fight behind the theater curtain, with all the shadows thing going on, and the blood flowing under the curtain at the end.
DMC2 had for me just as many memorable moments, and that one had only one storyline going, while anime had a new one for each episode. Heck, the blond dumbass was more entertaining and had stronger presence than the main hero.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Not to sound rude or anything, but I don't actually understand much about this topic. I mean, I don't know many similarities that DmC and DMC 2 have. Maybe I just haven't given it much thought.

Guys, this isn't to discuss the anime or use it for comparisons. Please keep to the topic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well the thread starter saw similiarities between DmC and DMC2 Dante that most of us don't see so we are curios about what he/she meant.

To me I don't see it happening unless in a sequel but even then it would be a bit of a stretch because I feel DmC Dante found a new purpose outside of revenge so for the near future that drives him forward versus the anime or 2 where he just takes a backseat and is working out of habit.

Maybe after centuries of living DmC dante might feel that way? So this is my take on it and how I viewed the question.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Ok to elaborate, in one of the arts or pictures or whatever it showed Dante standing in a way that reminded me of dmc2 Dante and then I saw a fan image of him in that same position with his white hair and then I started comparing their personalities and realized that I could believe DmC Dante turning into DMC2 damte a lot more then I could believe DMC3 Dante turning into him

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
That moody, chain-smoking one from the E3 2010, maybe. He kind of reminds me of DMC2 Dante.

The final version, however, shows a bit more emotion...so I'm going to have to say no.

Judge

Just saw this, I dunno why but it didn't show on my phone (weird). And I agree completely.

@devil_inside123
One thing I loved in, say, DMC3 and 4 Dante is the use of body language to convey the kind of cool and badass icon of the franchise that's pretty much loved across the board. The way he moves, twirls his pistols, swings his weapons, etc.
DMC2 Dante had almost none of that going on (you can argue it was just cause the tech wasn't that advanced to recreate the same kind of movement, but even DMC1 Dante succeded in that, although in a much lesser extent).

So... what made you think of those two as so similar characters?

I would go so far to say that DMC2 Dante's body language is just as deep as the following games. Dante dosen't go too over the top with the carefree side to him of DMC4. DMC2 Dante is over the top in his stunts, but no where near as extreme as DMC3 or DMC4.

That was one the things I liked about DMC2 Dante; he was effortlessly cool, he sounded cool and he looked cool.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I would go so far to say that DMC2 Dante's body language is just as deep as the following games.

No. I'm sorry. I will forever disagree till the day of my death when a Xenomorph Queen will impale me with her tail and leave me on the floor bleeding.

DMC2 Dante is over the top in his stunts, but no where near as extreme as DMC3 or DMC4.

I'm not even talking about the stunts alone, as impressive as they are. I'm talking in general. The way he moves when he talks, fights, taunts etc.

In no way DMC2 Dante's got as deep a body language as his DMC1, 3 and 4 self. You will excuse me if I don't provide gifs to show you what I mean, as this is how I usually backup my points, but my internet has been screwing with me lately and it's slow as hell. Just uploading one gif would take me up to 10 mins or so, and I sure as hell would have a lot of them to post.

That was one the things I liked about DMC2 Dante; he was effortlessly cool, he sounded cool and he looked cool.

I'm gonna have to disagree on that one too (except for the look). What you call "effortlessly cool" I call boring. He felt just there most of the time. Although there were some cool moments indeed, they don't make up for the ocean of boredom and pretty much nothingness his character conveyed to me in that game, overall.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I would go so far to say that DMC2 Dante's body language is just as deep as the following games. Dante dosen't go too over the top with the carefree side to him of DMC4. DMC2 Dante is over the top in his stunts, but no where near as extreme as DMC3 or DMC4.

and effortlessly good looking.. lol, love the effortlessly cool btw, perfect way of describing him

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think if they stayed with TGS10 Dante, its possible by the end of the game he might have became a younger snarker DMC2 Dante (SMT Dante).

Top Bottom