• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Dante=DMC2 dante

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Idk why but as soon as I saw the reboot Dante it reminded me of DMC2 Dante
I'm guessing it's because of this image...

new_dante_old___dmc2___dante_by_piplup2000-d38yn7d.png

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i could relate to that, that is probably why both are my most favorite dante.. as for DmC, i liked him ever since the the skinny junkies trailer.. both have the serious vibe in looks,

dante_dmc_devil_may_cry_by_softlady-d4jh2ee.jpg

DMC-Devil-May-Cry-5-Necklaces-925-Sterling-Silver-Dante-Pendants-banner-2.jpg

and the way i see it, DmC dante is a perfect description for a younger DMC2 dante, and especially after seeing this

devil_may_cry_5_dante_by_tsukistrife11-d2zdb78.jpg

Judge

DMC2 Dante wasn't bad, he seemed like a genuine continuation of DMC1 Dante, even though it was a different set of developers behind the game.

I thought DmC Dante had more depth than those previous Dante's, but none of the unecessary over the top moments from DMC3 or DMC4 that I personally wasn't very fond of.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Whatever you're on, you better share, cause of all Dantes the DMC2 version is the furthest from the reboot one.

Just saw this, I dunno why but it didn't show on my phone (weird). And I agree completely.

@devil_inside123
Can you please elaborate? Cause in all honesty, I can't see where you're coming from. Objectively speaking, I think everybody knows DMC2 Dante and DmC Dante are absolutely nothing alike. Subjectively speaking, between the two, even DmC Dante is preferable, for the simple reason that DMC2 Dante commits the worst crime of all, as I see it: he feels just there. When something is so boring that it causes indifference to you, not even hate, that's a sign you screwed up really bad.

One thing I loved in, say, DMC3 and 4 Dante is the use of body language to convey the kind of cool and badass icon of the franchise that's pretty much loved across the board. The way he moves, twirls his pistols, swings his weapons, etc.
DMC2 Dante had almost none of that going on (you can argue it was just cause the tech wasn't that advanced to recreate the same kind of movement, but even DMC1 Dante succeded in that, although in a much lesser extent).

So... what made you think of those two as so similar characters?

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
*Head scratch* Huh, I dunno DMC2 Dante is Dante with all the fun sucked out of him (Cept for that one part "King huh? Here's your crown. *Fires guns* lol).

DmC Dante is just Dante, but more realistic

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Each Dante has its differences. I don't really see the resemblance myself between those two, like you do.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, fun. It's fun seeing awesome/badass things

Exactly, it's fun to see them, not those things themeselves. It's not the same thing.

I mean, Vergil deflecting bullets rotating his sword is badass. But I wouldn't call it "fun", as it's not something that makes you laugh, despite being awesome.
The same way I wouldn't call a comedian "badass", despite being fun.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't see it but maybe in a sequel depending on how bad things get after limbo fell. He'd probably be a more ragged DMC1 Dante tho.

EDIT-Right now he's closest to Dante in DMC3 just with more defined focus and struggle. He's just under different life circumstances (not necessarily more realistic).

the anime Dante was way worse than DMC2 Dante tho as he had some nice moments and a cool aura of mystery but the anime version had nothing redeemable (so much potential so much waste)

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Exactly, it's fun to see them, not those things themeselves. It's not the same thing.

I mean, Vergil deflecting bullets rotating his sword is badass. But I wouldn't call it "fun", as it's not something that makes you laugh, despite being awesome.
The same way I wouldn't call a comedian "badass", despite being fun.
Are we really trying to define fun?

.....I just searched that

Definition of fun "enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure."

I enjoyed that moment, ergo it was fun.

Anyway, Foxy, buddy, I was being coy, so can we please drop this before one of the staff members tells us off for going off topic.

*Looks over shoulder for staff members* They're watching

Viper

Premium
I felt the opposite actually.
That might be good deal Reuben's fault, somehow he made anime Dante sound tired all the time. Or maybe he was supposed to sound like that? Should probably check his iron levels, all that blood loss can't be good for him.

Reactions: Gel

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
That might be good deal Reuben's fault, somehow he made anime Dante sound tired all the time. Or maybe he was supposed to sound like that? Should probably check his iron levels, all that blood loss can't be good for him.
Well we gotta remember, the anime was pretty much Dante's everyday life, most of the demons were lesser demons. He was probably bored

Top Bottom