• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC average score on N4G (477 Reviews)

Do you agree with this score MORE or LESS?

• Yes

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

477 Reviews, Average Score: 8.3
Lowest score: 3.5
Highest score: 10.0
Source

Despite some of the scores are really idiotic, such as giving DmC a 3.5 or 10.0, i think from a overall perspective the score of 8.3 for DmC reflects the game pretty well.

What's your thoughts on this? And vote in the poll. What's your score for the game?

My score is between 8.0 and 8.5. Can't decide.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The game's an 8 for me. I don't understand why there has to be figures like 8.1 or anything with a decimal point.

IncarnatedDemon

The game's an 8 for me. I don't understand why there has to be figures like 8.1 or anything with a decimal point.
For more precision i suppose. I mean there is a difference between a game that is a 8.5 and a game that's 8.0. Rounding it to just 8 for both isn't good.
Then again i am not saying these sites that review the game have a great framework that they use to review a game but in a ideal review it would make sense to have decimals.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I have no problem with numbers like where it is .5, that's like halfway. But what is the difference between a game that scores 8.0, 8.1 or 8.3 Might as well be 8.

IncarnatedDemon

I have no problem with numbers like where it is .5, that's like halfway. But what is the difference between a game that scores 8.0, 8.1 or 8.3 Might as well be 8.
People try to review game with their "gut feeling". There is no framework that they follow that says for every small gameplay feature that's good you give the game a 0.1 point or for every major gameplay feature that is good you give it a 1.0.

Or the opposite , if the feature is bad to extent it hinders the fun : u give it minus 0.1 or 1.0.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Well it is not totally piece of crap or a great game. I think something between 4,5 or 6 is more fair.

IncarnatedDemon

You can say each opinion is biased.
For me it is around average game. It have nothing done well or interesting in comparison with other games in it genre. It brings nothing new to franchise, it is just taking steps back.
There is difference between the level of bias one person has compared to another.

Just like there is difference between sewer water and sink water.

Don't act like Jim Sterling who is a biased douchebag who created a video to justify his own bias called "Reviews are all biased".

There is a clear difference between a good reviewer and a bad reviewer.
The good reviewer has little bias.
The bad reviewer is biased as crap.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
There is difference between the level of bias one person has compared to another.

Just like there is difference between sewer water and sink water.

Don't act like Jim Sterling who is a biased douchebag who created a video to justify his own bias called "Reviews are all biased".

There is a clear difference between a good reviewer and a bad reviewer.
The good reviewer has little bias.
The bad reviewer is biased as crap.

Ouch. :ermm:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The tap/sewer water comparison. The cynical critic in me appreciated the comparison between those two elements. Also, the connection to Sterling.

I like Sterling, but I know what you're trying to say.

IncarnatedDemon

The tap/sewer water comparison. The cynical critic in me appreciated the comparison between that, and the connection to Sterling.

I like Sterling, but I know what you're trying to say.
Thanks, i appreciate that.

I just think people trivializing bias is just them trying to justify their own agenda/actions.

Top Bottom