• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC average score on N4G (477 Reviews)

Do you agree with this score MORE or LESS?

• Yes

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh god... Can I just prematurely say that this thread is probably gonna run its course, go off course, roll down a hill, hit a cow and explode? Cuz that's what the last few threads did that turned into a huge-ass argument. >_<

EvilX-81

I'm between 7-8.5. End of the day, the game is damned fun and I enjoyed playing through this story the most out of them. It was nothing special, but the previous 2 DMC's had an annoying trend of being somewhat cryptic or ignoring obvious questions the gamer would have about what's happening.

Though I could see a 6 being fair too if 5 = average.

IncarnatedDemon

I want to elaborate on what i emphasized when i say i think DmC deserves a score between 7.0-8.5.

1) Improvements compared to previous games
2) Regression: FPS, Turbomode, Taunt, Lock on etc
3) Bonuses i.e improvements that aren't important but are still nice e.g the beautiful tower stage.
4) Bugs/Glitches - and whether they impact the game or not
5) Story

I think the beautiful stages in DmC is really nice. But in my opinion in a hack and slash that is not very important aspect and should only be worked on if there is no more important things to tackle.
And you have to ask was 60 fps worth sacryfing for sake of dynamic enviroment (which was a reason for that)? MY answer is no.
And though dynamic enviroments is nice i think that when trying to focus on attacks of enemies and the attacks i do when comboing, that pershaps things in the enviroment can distract me and put me in a disadvantage. E.g the lights and colours in Night club stage doesnt seem unappealing to me.

And the biggest innovations i can see in DmC compare to past games are 1) Motion capture 2) Dynamic enviroments.
But: the dynamic enviroments seem unecessary, ESPECIALLY when you sacrificed 60 fps for it.
And the motion capture (the great cutscenes) isn't consistent.
As for the story, i am confident that a writer could ensure a equally good story for DMC games if Capcom hired good writers.

D

Deleted member 25469

I agree with the score, but not for the console version. 30 fps, input lag and no turbo mode kill this game for me. The bloody palace being a joke for the first 50 levels and the color-coded enemies don't help it either.

On the PC, I believe it is a fantastic game on par with DMC4 gameplay-wise and single-player wise. DmC might be shorter, but it isn't 40% backtracking and the enemies are well designed both for Vergil and Dante (can't say the same for a few enemies in DMC4 with Dante). I like the setting, characters and story much, MUCH better in DMC4, though.

60 fps, GREAT visuals, no input lag, turbo mode, OppressedWriter's colored enemies mod, amongst others, all sum up to make this game well worthy of an 8.

IncarnatedDemon

I agree with the score, but not for the console version. 30 fps, input lag and no turbo mode kill this game for me. The bloody palace being a joke for the first 50 levels and the color-coded enemies don't help it either.

On the PC, I believe it is a fantastic game on par with DMC4 gameplay-wise and single-player wise. DmC might be shorter, but it isn't 40% backtracking and the enemies are well designed both for Vergil and Dante (can't say the same for a few enemies in DMC4 with Dante). I like the setting, characters and story much, MUCH better in DMC4, though.

60 fps, GREAT visuals, no input lag, turbo mode, OppressedWriter's colored enemies mod, amongst others, all sum up to make this game well worthy of an 8.
What's your score for console version? And why?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I give it a low 7, though reviews are based on opinions and were all biased so it doesn't really mean much

D

Deleted member 25469

What's your score for console version? And why?
6. There is nothing in this universe that can make DmC's input lag on consoles bearable for me. How ANYONE could think a high-octane fast action game such as this can have input lag and do OK is beyond me.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I really don't think we should be the ones to vote on its score since we're all baised from playing the original games.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Weird, i find 7.5 average :p
Thats just biased.
13151596601392.png

But seriously, it is problem with today scoring system in gaming industry. Reviewers forgot why we have scores and usually average start from at least 7 while barely using lower scores. If you think 7,5 is average max score should be 15.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
477 Reviews, Average Score: 8.3
Lowest score: 3.5
Highest score: 10.0
Source

Despite some of the scores are really idiotic, such as giving DmC a 3.5 or 10.0, i think from a overall perspective the score of 8.3 for DmC reflects the game pretty well.

What's your thoughts on this? And vote in the poll. What's your score for the game?

My score is between 8.0 and 8.5. Can't decide.

I gave the game 8.5 in my review. There are good points and bad like any game has, but the pros far outweighed the cons for me, and I got a lot of enjoyment out of this game.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
'Cause you couldn't prove that they were bribed, right?
I mean everyone, and I don't care much for "professional" reviews besides I have a ton of games that would be considered "crap" if I went by scores. Everyone has different tastes. And can you seriously tell me people take reviewers like IGN seriously?

Top Bottom