• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC 5- will they bring back Nero?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
@Gel i remember hearing that Nero is supposed to be the same age Dante was in DMC 3
i don't know he looks the same age as DMC3 Dante to me
Yeah, I heard that too , but since official material gives him as being 17, I can assume those 19 years old everyone seems to believe came from a dubious origin à la 4chan.
A lot of DMC were already subverted by official material, but people still prefer to believe in them.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Do I think they'll bring Nero back for 5? Probably. Would I like them to bring Nero back? Definitely.

I was one of the ones who originally loathed Nero with a passion. A lot of you probably don't know that, but I didn't like him because I (much like most did with DmC Dante) didn't appreciate the change. Not to mention how to me he seemed like a cheaper version of Dante.

Anyway, in time I learnt to welcome him into Devil May Cry. And now I'd find it almost integral to the series to push his story further. Least of all to give us more of an explanation as to how he really came to be.

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
Do I think they'll bring Nero back for 5? Probably. Would I like them to bring Nero back? Definitely.

I was one of the ones who originally loathed Nero with a passion. A lot of you probably don't know that, but I didn't like him because I (much like most did with DmC Dante) didn't appreciate the change. Not to mention how to me he seemed like a cheaper version of Dante.

Anyway, in time I learnt to welcome him into Devil May Cry. And now I'd find it almost integral to the series to push his story further. Least of all to give us more of an explanation as to how he really came to be.

At the time when I picked up dmc 4 (2009) I wasn't as into the series as I am now, so I guess it was easier for me to accept him more or less right away. But, I too would definitely want him back and have him and Dante with their own set of missions again!

On a side note, I'd really like if they introduced styles for Nero's arm, like say, a Brawler style so you can make attacks and combos with the arm like how you do with the sword and a defensive style like royal guard but more aggressive maybe.

outoftheblue

I truly have no idea. The inmediate answer would be yes. There would be no sense in not bringing Nero back if they are doing a sequel and that is a big IF.
What I know is that if it happens, I hope they flesh him out as a character and give me a reason for him to be there, because, to me, there must be a powerful reason to steal the twin´s spotlight....Yes, I´m being a crazy fangirl. Sorry, it´s the way it is.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
now that i think about it DMC 4 is the highest selling of the series
so i think many peoples (myself included) first DMC experience was playing as Nero i think there are more people for him coming back then against

just you know it would be wise not to force him on players like they did with DMC 4

i think haveing separate campaigns is the best way to go
they could even do it like resident evil 6 where you visit the same places in the campaigns but interact with those places differently and in a different order
so that way people who just want to play as Dante can just play the Dante campaign
say what you will about RE6's gameplay but i think they did a great job making each campaign feel different

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Tbh i dont really know if i want Dante or Nero to be the lead because Nero feels like a copy and Dante just feels like a relic.

I rather have a Vergil comes back game because he still feels like he has a story left to tell unlike the other two (to me atleast).

So if they were to come back, im judging on whether they become interesting enough to follow again.

outoftheblue

@Director Bison Maybe that could work. I think the same about RE6. Have been with that franchise for a very long time, longer than with DMC and while it´s not my favorite, I appreciated that campaign splitting a lot.

@Z218 I didn´t see your post. Yes, that´s also my take on it . If they give Nero a REASON to be there, I have no problem with it. If it´s the same reason they gave us for DMC4, then no, thank you.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
If he is, hopefully as a supporting character (maybe as an unlockable playable character)
Also @Gel Huh, I had him pegged as 18. That would make him slightly younger then DMC3 Dante

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hopefully NOT! he was a whiny ass bitch boy and one of the main reasons why DMC4's story sucks balls,if they bring him back i hope they kill him or something.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Copy of what? I hope you don't mean a copy of Dante because that would make no sense. Apart from their cocky attitudes, their personalities are very different.

You really think that Nero has no story left to tell? What about his origins?

And you think Dante has no story left? C'mon.

Out of Dante, Vergil, and Nero; I think Vergil has the least amount of story left to tell.

Dante peaked at DMC1 and nobody knows what to do with him afterwards. 3 out of the 4 stories that are set after 1 he's very replaceable in ( in the anime the only episodes worth watching are 3 and 5 as they center on other characters).

Nero isnt neccesarily a copy but they didnt really distinguish him from Dante/vergil so far so he feels more of the same (which doesnt make him feel like a neccesity). I'm not saying he cant have connections to Sparda and stuff, just they didnt make him feel like a unique perspective. His origins could be told but I stopped caring about since they dont seem to know what it is (plus they should have done that in the first place as time is money).

Granted @Foxtrot94 has a point about a vergil/nero team-up which would be cool to see.

The reason why I rather have a vergil game is he is in a more interesting place if he comes back as he has to reassess his life and there is more potential in that then watching Dante sitting around , scratching his bum while Lady and Morrison spoonfeed him jobs.

its not that the franchise didnt have potential, its just I don't see it being realized so far and thats what im gonna grade this new game (if it happens) on.

Top Bottom