• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 3 manga

Luciax

I just read the Manga and I have a few questions and i hope you can answer me.
  1. When Dante got bitten by adult Alice and she tried to seduce him, what did he do to her? It looked like he raped her or something? lol
  2. When he goes to the Borthrel a prostitute "welcomed" him and another said "careful he likes it with Iron balls. His two guns ebony and ivory. You dont need any more big holes" it sounds a bit pervert to me :D
  3. There was a Lady chapter but they didn't finished it. Do you know why?
  4. I've feeled bad for Alice after Rabi was killed by Vergil. He was her only friend, even if he didn't see her like this. What do you think about him? He didn't look like a normal demon who kills people for bloodlust or something. He even paid Dante for his Job.
  5. Why did Vergil killed the guys when they try to take his sword? He could just beat them unconscious.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
There was a Lady chapter but they didn't finished it. Do you know why?

Because the writer walked off and quit Capcom at the time. Bingo was supposed to have the writing done by that point, but quit after completing the DMC4 novel.

Why did Vergil killed the guys when they try to take his sword? He could just beat them unconscious.

Because it's Vergil. The guy with the might controls everything complex. Not to mention he had a dim view of humanity at that point. If they left him be, he would have not even touched him. As for your other questions, I can't answer them. I don't have either voulmes any more, and it's been too long with the whole Alice sub-plot.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@BrawlMan is right about #3 but I don't think Bingo wrote it. It's credited to a different writer "Suguro Chayamachi" who quit before his contract was up.

#5 is because Vergil doesn't care about other people that much.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I just read the Manga and I have a few questions and i hope you can answer me.
  1. When Dante got bitten by adult Alice and she tried to seduce him, what did he do to her? It looked like he raped her or something? lol
  2. When he goes to the Borthrel a prostitute "welcomed" him and another said "careful he likes it with Iron balls. His two guns ebony and ivory. You dont need any more big holes" it sounds a bit pervert to me :D
  3. There was a Lady chapter but they didn't finished it. Do you know why?
  4. I've feeled bad for Alice after Rabi was killed by Vergil. He was her only friend, even if he didn't see her like this. What do you think about him? He didn't look like a normal demon who kills people for bloodlust or something. He even paid Dante for his Job.
  5. Why did Vergil killed the guys when they try to take his sword? He could just beat them unconscious.
#1 When he refuses, Alice attacks Dante by biting him in the neck and drinking his blood, much like a vampire. Although Dante doesn't have his Devil Trigger ability yet in the continuity, he somehow manifests some of Sparda's demon power to drive the dark magic out of Alice without harming her. Dante leaves the mansion without Alice, but the White Rabbit still pays Dante the reward.
Taken from wikipedia

Also if I remember correctly dante turn into Majin form in order to stop Alice from draining his blood

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Luciax
Well, first off, we have a section for DMC3 stuff but I'll let it slide for now. I'll move it later.

Second, to answer your questions I'd like to ask you first if you read the TokyoPop translation or the far more accurate fan translation?
Before that:
-When Dante got bitten by adult Alice and she tried to seduce him, what did he do to her? It looked like he raped her or something? lol
If you read the TokyoPop translation it's a bit ambiguous but it's more clear with the fan translation. Dante warned her not to drink his blood because she wouldn't be able to go back. She didn't listen and it activated his demon powers. What happened in between those scenes isn't clear but he might've taken something from her, whatever it was that the rabbit gave her to become like that and it probably hurt. That's my interpretation of events, anyway.

-When he goes to the Borthrel a prostitute "welcomed" him and another said "careful he likes it with Iron balls. His two guns ebony and ivory.
Same thing about the translation. The idea is that the girls are warning her that Dante always has his guns and that they probably gotten a few scares here and there so trying to get some action from him could be a tad dangerous side. Might end up with a few bullet holes.

-You dont need any more big holes" it sounds a bit pervert to me :D
Yeah, kinda is.

-There was a Lady chapter but they didn't finished it. Do you know why?
Author quit on the project. Didn't say why.

-I've feeled bad for Alice after Rabi was killed by Vergil. He was her only friend, even if he didn't see her like this. What do you think about him?
Vergil is cold and direct. That rabbit wasn't a friend of hers, he was using her in exchange for granting her childish wish. Dante warns her of this but Vergil is not as, shall we say, tender about it. Think of like Dante being the one who tells a child that trying to cross a busy street can be dangerous while Vergil is the one that back hand slaps them and tells them 'if you think that hurt imagine getting hit by a car.' I don't know if he did it out of some sort of kindness but he definitely did it to break her dependance on him, like forcing someone to quit cold turkey.

-He didn't look like a normal demon who kills people for bloodlust or something. He even paid Dante for his Job.
A bit of a commander type, that one. That was his house, his gargoyles, his 'cat,' his trial. He was just as dangerous as any of them but this one had money, something he wanted, soldiers and a plan. Wasn't above a little murder, corruption or bribery to get it.

-Why did Vergil killed the guys when they try to take his sword? He could just beat them unconscious.
It's been stated that Vergil doesn't care for humans. He might hate his humanity but the human race in general carries as much weight to him as the grass or insects. Unlike Dante, he has neither respect nor contempt for it and just like you'd swat a fly getting close to your food he had the same reaction to that encounter.

Last edited:

Luciax

@Luciax
Well, first off, we have a section for DMC3 stuff but I'll let it slide for now. I'll move it later.

Second, to answer your questions I'd like to ask you first if you read the TokyoPop translation or the far more accurate fan translation?
Before that:
-When Dante got bitten by adult Alice and she tried to seduce him, what did he do to her? It looked like he raped her or something? lol
If you read the TokyoPop translation it's a bit ambiguous but it's more clear with the fan translation. Dante warned her not to drink his blood because she wouldn't be able to go back. She didn't listen and it activated his demon powers. What happened in between those scenes isn't clear but he might've taken something from her, whatever it was that the rabbit gave her to become like that and it probably hurt. That's my interpretation of events, anyway.

-When he goes to the Borthrel a prostitute "welcomed" him and another said "careful he likes it with Iron balls. His two guns ebony and ivory.
Same thing about the translation. The idea is that the girls are warning her that Dante always has his guns and that they probably gotten a few scares here and there so trying to get some action from him could be a tad dangerous side. Might end up with a few bullet holes.

-You dont need any more big holes" it sounds a bit pervert to me :D
Yeah, kinda is.

-There was a Lady chapter but they didn't finished it. Do you know why?
Author quit on the project. Didn't say why.

-I've feeled bad for Alice after Rabi was killed by Vergil. He was her only friend, even if he didn't see her like this. What do you think about him?
Vergil is cold and direct. That rabbit wasn't a friend of hers, he was using her in exchange for granting her childish wish. Dante warns her of this but Vergil is not as, shall we say, tender about it. Think of like Dante being the one who tells a child that trying to cross a busy street can be dangerous while Vergil is the one that back hand slaps them and tells them 'if you think that hurt imagine getting hit by a car.' I don't know if he did it out of some sort of kindness but he definitely did it to break her dependance on him, like forcing someone to quit cold turkey.

-He didn't look like a normal demon who kills people for bloodlust or something. He even paid Dante for his Job.
A bit of a commander type, that one. That was his house, his gargoyles, his 'cat,' his trial. He was just as dangerous as any of them but this one had money, something he wanted, soldiers and a plan. Wasn't above a little murder, corruption or bribery to get it.

-Why did Vergil killed the guys when they try to take his sword? He could just beat them unconscious.
It's been stated that Vergil doesn't care for humans. He might hate his humanity but the human race in general carries as much weight to him as the grass or insects. Unlike Dante, he has neither respect nor contempt for it and just like you'd swat a fly getting close to your food he had the same reaction to that encounter.

I think this is a fan translation? I am not sure but in another side there was a different translation :D

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Well Vergil made no secret he had a lot of contempt for humans and Yamato is his most prized possession, not just because it's a powerful weapon (One of the most powerful weapons in the series) but it's a memento from his father. He likely saw their attempt to steal it as a great insult, and Vergil's not one to take insults and disrespect lightly

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Luciax Yep. That would be the Devil's Lair one by CaT. She kinda gave up on translating things since it was a rather ungrateful task. Anyway, yeah, that's the one to read. The TokyoPop one was official but they were known for taking a few too many liberties with their translations. They got the point across and with good humor but at the expense of the more subtle details you'd get from an less liberal one.

Top Bottom