• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dissidia Final Fantasy 012 ARCADE EDITION

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Do FF KH characters belong to Disney or Square? Because I don't want this to be another UMvC3 deal where I can't get a physical copy after a year or so.

The Final Offer

That's good. Still, I want a guarantee that this product won't end up disappearing like UMvC3 did.

I don't think I've ever heard of a Square game disappearing. The reason for UMVC3 being discontinued is because of licensing and the deal expiring. Making it something extremely valuable in the next 10 years.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't think I've ever heard of a Square game disappearing. The reason for UMVC3 being discontinued is because of licensing and the deal expiring.
This is why I don't want Capcom and Square Enix to work with Disnay anymore. It's a bs reason to discontinue something that people love. :bored:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
New trailer!

And also Y'shtola gameplay!

And info on the the HUD! 3v3 uses a spawning system. You can call out a summon to act as a temporary fourth party member that also enables a buff or debuff. EX Mode is replaced with an EX Skill system, which has personally unique skills to characters, but also other skills like Provoke, Protect, and Bio; all of which operate on a cooldown system to prevent spamming.

1. Play Time
  2. Battle Log
  3. Party Status: indicates a party member’s health, Brave, and enemies they’re being targeted by.
  4. Player’s Status: the icon that is assigned to the triangle button is part of a new system called “EX Skill”. The large number you see is the Brave number. This is basically your attacking power.
  5. Influence HP: decreases as you or your allies fall. The team that loses this bar first, loses.
  6. Target Line: shows a red line when you’re being locked-on, and a blue line when you’re the one locking-on an enemy.
  7. Break Bonus: Shows the bonus points for doing a Break on the enemy.
  8. Navi-Map: shows the position and other details of the enemies and your allies.
  9. Enemy Team’s Information: shows the enemy party and their details.
  10. Chat Icon: is made into a touch panel. The chat function will come in handy when you want to show some spirit or pump up your party members.

Brave and HP Attacks:

Attacks come in two varieties of “HP Attack” and “Brave Attack”. The “Break Bonus” indicates the player’s attack power, and doing an HP Attack will result in taking this number away from the target’s health. A Brave Attack will instead take away from the target’s Break Bonus number.

EX Skills:

“Cast Protect on allies to raise defense,” “Cast Slow on enemies to slow their movements,” and “Provoke the enemy to gather targets,” are some of the many support skills you’ve seen in the Final Fantasy series that you’ll get to use the game.

Again, the EX Skills feature other abilities like Terra’s “Trance” or Cloud’s “Limit Break,” and other characteristic abilities of the characters, bringing you a wide range of strategies to take put to use in combat.

Summoned Beasts:

By filling up the team-cooperative “Summon Gauge,” your party can call out powerful Summoned Beasts that temporarily help out as your fourth party member. Again, the auto-ability of the Summoned Beast will also activate in battle, giving your party a nice advantage.

What you see above is Ifrit. Ifrit is the malevolent deity that’s engulfed in hellfire. He can control blazing fire to burn down enemies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Sorry for the double-post buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

A BUNCHA NEW VIDS!

ARCADE to PS4 Comparison

Standard Gameplay

Lightning Gameplay

Cloud Gameplay

Y'shtola Gameplay

Some more info, too...
- Solo Play seems to be a thing still, so 1v1 still seems possible
- Crystals can appear during a fight that can be smashed to gain a boost to your party's Summon meter
- When the Summon meter is full, a player can begin casting the summon spell, if more players in the party join in on the casting, it drastically increases how quick the casting finishes
- Characters are restricted to one HP Attack that they can use both on the ground and in the air. There is also a Bravery Attack that can be done by attacking while Dashing
- Dashing can be done continuously, but reduces a Dash Meter that refills when standing still. You can dash towards a target, or just around the field if you so choose
- Players no longer take damage from getting slammed into walls, ceilings, and floors
- Blocking now works like Smash Bros, where a block negates damage, but the shield will break if it takes too much damage, stunning the character for a moment. Blocking characters will still be knocked around by attacks
- Cloud is a charge character, where holding the button will increase the damage of his attack, and change the effects (Like a charged up Blade Beam unleashing three big blades instead of one smaller one). His EX Skill "Limit Break" will reduce the time it takes to reach a full charge on his attacks
- Onion Knight's "Job Change" is his EX Skill, which allows him to change to a sage or ninja to emphasize magic or melee attacks
- Lightning's "Paradigm Shift" is a normal skill that switches her between Commando and Ravager roles (no more Medic). "Army of One" is her EX Skill, and will drain HP from anyone it hits
- The Arcade version will start with 14 hero characters, and they want to have a roster of 50 characters. They plan to support the game for over ten years

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So far they're still just talking about the Arcade version in Japan, and the PS4 version coming a year later. Still no exact word on an occidental release, but it's still early, so fingers crossed. I would hope they have the forethought to localize it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, me too. They hold a special place in my heart because it's through them that I met my girlfriend :happy:

The one consolation would be that at least we can import it from Japan if need be. Although...if it's a digital-only release, that'll be a problem...

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well..I would still like to hear dialogues in it. I loved how they managed to add to characters some depth despite it was crossover fighting game.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
D-D-D-D-D-double poooooooooooost (apologies) because I am far too fervent about this gaaaaaaaame...

New gameplay videos!

Terra Gameplay

Y'shtola Gameplay

Warrior of Light Gameplay

Cloud Gameplay

Also I was right, the Arcade controller does look silly - it's just a broken up PS4 controller, with a giant crystal button in the center of the dash. It lights up when you're summoning, so that's pretty cool though :cool:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I mostly liked those Dissidia games for PSP, maybe maybe this and one other game makes me like to get PS4 for them

Top Bottom