• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Disney buys Marvel for $4 Billion

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
The worldwide leader in family entertainment is about to get a great deal more entertaining, as the Walt Disney Company agrees to acquire iconic comic book company Marvel Entertainment for $4 billion.

Read More

I'm not really happy about this and don't think it's a great move for the Marvel Universe.

What do you guys think?

Keaton

Premium
VeNGeD;185612 said:
Read More

I'm not really happy about this and don't think it's a great move for the Marvel Universe.

What do you guys think?

Yeouch bad idea Marvel.

Both companies are great independantly, however I forsee future Comic Book movies getting restricted because of their new owners. :\

If Disney and Marvel do NEW projects together, then fine.
But, if Disney try and put their oar into current Marvel projects (ie. Iron Man, Hulk) then we could see the Comic-Book film genre die a little.

aka958

Don't trust people
Not good at all. Disney will surely set limits to marvel, limits that they see fit and that will destroy marvels way to be. If disney leave it untouched then not so much will change.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Crap, Marvel worth more than 4 billion in my opinion. The next thing we know, Disney will buy DC Comics the next time. I don't know about this, but Marvel could do greatly without Disney.

P.S - I can't imagine if the next Spider-man movie (under Disney and Marvel) features a good, patriotic, and kind hearted Carnage stars in the movie, which is way out of character...

Sparda™

Keaton;185701 said:
If Disney and Marvel do NEW projects together, then fine.
But, if Disney try and put their oar into current Marvel projects (ie. Iron Man, Hulk) then we could see the Comic-Book film genre die a little.

Exact same thing I was thinking!

Seriously, Disney better stay out of Marvel's comic book-based movies...

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
What about the iron man movie? It was left open for a second, and I really hope it's not done by Disney. :dry:

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
the comics are gonna suck now because disney will not allow violence, gore, profanity, and explicitness...all the things that make marvel so great

Top Bottom