• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did you like Devil May Cry anime ?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante4290;62504 said:
I agree with everyone on the action part...yeah i may have missed some, the anime series was pretty good, i like the fact that Lady and Trish meet the first time and compete with each other on the building and fight out with what they got, and suprise...they both know Dante without each other knowing of the other...yeah some episodes looked like fillers...but dosen't every anime have fillers? (most)

Fillers are episodes which are made because the anime's manga hasn't finished or hasn't progressed enough for the anime to show it, or to end the anime quicker than the anime. Devil May Cry Anime was scheduled to have those 12 episodes from the beginning, so I don't think they can be considered fillers:p

Lucifer's Ire

.::Otaku::.
Tony_Redgrave;62538 said:
Devil May Cry Anime was scheduled to have those 12 episodes from the beginning, so I don't think they can be considered fillers:p
They just suck as much as the fillers of Naruto.

They only reason I didn't drop it was because it IS DMC, and only that. I'm never going to watch it again.

(I've burned Haruhi in the same DVD with DMC -- Heresy x_x.)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Lucifer's Ire;62628 said:
They just suck as much as the fillers of Naruto.

They only reason I didn't drop it was because it IS DMC, and only that. I'm never going to watch it again.

(I've burned Haruhi in the same DVD with DMC -- Heresy x_x.)

The same. I only have it because it's DMC. :lol:

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I watched some of it, and I just found it disappointing. There were way too many inconsistencies and stuff that didnt make sense, and the action wasn't good enough for my liking - its what DMC is about.

First off - Enzo. I never liked him in the mangas either, hes a character that seems to pop up all the time but isnt actually a character in the game. And he doesnt really seem like someone Dante would even bother with.

Second off, I know this is technically a minor detail, but Dante already knows Trish in this, meaning that its set after DMC1. But at the end of DMC1 Dante changes the name of his shop to Devil Never Cry. So why is his store still called Devil May Cry?

Also whats up with the strawberry sundae obsession?

I just feel like the anime doesnt tie in well with the series - I think that if they want to make an anime that fits in with the games they should know their Devil May Cry before they do :p

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
About the strawberry, Dante loved it in one of the Devil May Cry Novels, so the idea probably came from there.;)

Devil Razer

Drifter
athere wasnt enbough action for me. Ol date was not stylish enough in his fighting (and lack there was of it)

Patty annoyed th hell out ofme and trich and lady werent kick *** enough.

Buti love the anime style. The art is so pretty. The artist were the same people who did death note wern't they?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Devil Razer;63426 said:
athere wasnt enbough action for me. Ol date was not stylish enough in his fighting (and lack there was of it)

Patty annoyed th hell out ofme and trich and lady werent kick *** enough.

Buti love the anime style. The art is so pretty. The artist were the same people who did death note wern't they?

It was from the same company yeah. No matter the plot MADHOUSE has (almost) every time awesome animation. As in Death Note & Claymore or even X-TV years ago.

Devil Razer

Drifter
Nice.

Yeah o the animation i give top marks for. Especaily liked te look of the evil bike in episode 2

Even though the concept itself was a bit odd

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
nobody is going to say yes.

The anime was just a fan service which is good because I really didn't want the story to progress outside of the games.

Dante413

Devils Never Cry!
The anime itself again i think they did a nice job but if they were going to expand on it and make it much better that would be good for the sake of the fans of the game series.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I loved it and I think they made a good job to make a classical manga/anime out of dmc. The paintings I liked.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
hmm...not that good,but loved the action scenes...at least the anime explains where and how Lady and Trish met before DMC 4...:)

It was awsome but the move's were preety lame he made one shot only or just one hit for every enemy and the last episode he made devil trigger and u couldnt even see it propaly TT

Angel Valentine

[ It Penetrates ]
I loved the anime :3 I wasn't always 100% pleased (for instance, for some reason Trish bugged me a lot....and I love Trish.....so I don't really understand that xD) And some of the action wasn't all that, but otherwise it was right up my alley :p

I wanted to hug Dante frequently xD And I thought Patti was cute, and Dante and Patti's interaction was adorable................I am such a girl sometimes ^^;;

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
i liked the anime but if they ever make another series they need to add Dantes DT in it, i mean he should have used it in the last fight with the giant.

Top Bottom