• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did i miss something?

seraphmaycry

in dmc4 at the end of mission eleven nero attacks the saviour he is about to smash it's head crystal when something happened that annoyed me

1 a kyrie popped out
2 nero froze
3 yamato got taken
4 yamato the weapon obtained after nero bassicly let himself get captured and what used to kill who knows how many people the city seems populated enough for that to be serious damage
5 the demons CONTINUE to exit the demon portal at a alarming rate (look at the shadows in mission 17 plaza) now, what says their going to stay in the city?
6 saviour comes and annihilates the demon so snactus can become god yet after woulds not only do the demons CONTINUE to freely walk through the open door but dante has to clean up neros mess
7 nero busts out kills the bad guys and there is no "oh **** look at this mess" the mood is "yay! i saved the princess i trolled you bad guys"

so not only did he get many people killed for the price of one he didn't even CARE after.

please tell me i missed something important (honestly though, i mean i have never even seen this mentioned before and yet to me it's about the same as saying dante wears a red coat)

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Well, he couldn't cut Kyrie in half, which is understandable. The rest is a bit of an oversight, it seems. Some people must've been killed, despite Sanctus' death ray thingy. I don't believe I saw any corpses when Nero walked out. Structural damage isn't the end of the world, but humans is a wholly different thing. Weird, though, that they appeared oblivious to the deaths.

seraphmaycry

Well, he couldn't cut Kyrie in half, which is understandable. The rest is a bit of an oversight, it seems. Some people must've been killed, despite Sanctus' death ray thingy. I don't believe I saw any corpses when Nero walked out. Structural damage isn't the end of the world, but humans is a wholly different thing. Weird, though, that they appeared oblivious to the deaths.

exactly, nobody cared when a bunch of humans died but then when someone who helped them for literally less then 30 seconds such as credo dies capcom expects us to actually honor his sacrifice

even if he simply could not kill kyrie he should at least have done SOMETHING

also in the DMC universe the weakest of demons are near impossible to kill for a regular person in dmc3 the weakest enemy in the entire series had to take a large number of bullets to the face to kill it now if 100 mephistos escaped from the portal what do you think would happen? literal of the world until dante saves people (or hopefully another devil hunter comes along)

i think capcom really screwed the story and made me hate nero

aoshi

Actually, What baffled me was kyrie was all ready to pucker up to nero in the end even though credo(her brother) jus died.Inconsistency FTW.

But Hush now.....
tumblr_lxtcmxI5u91r72gm7o1_400.gif

This will be one more reason for some bitches to bitch about DMC 4......LOL.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Actually, What baffled me was kyrie was all ready to pucker up to nero in the end even though credo(her brother) jus died.Inconsistency FTW.

But Hush now.....
tumblr_lxtcmxI5u91r72gm7o1_400.gif

This will be one more reason for some bitches to bitch about DMC 4......LOL.

LMFAO

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Nero and Kyrie were focused on each other at that point worrying about the person you love comes before worrying about people you don't know that is the same for everyone. Nero knew Credo was hurt but not that he had died and Kyrie didn't know that anything had happened to him at all.

seraphmaycry

Nero and Kyrie were focused on each other at that point worrying about the person you love comes before worrying about people you don't know that is the same for everyone. Nero knew Credo was hurt but not that he had died and Kyrie didn't know that anything had happened to him at all.

to me nero is still in the wrong a life for a life can be argued for but 1 life for many? i think not

also, why did nobody mention credo is dead to nero sounds like a very awkward homecoming for kyrie

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
to me nero is still in the wrong a life for a life can be argued for but 1 life for many? i think not

also, why did nobody mention credo is dead to nero sounds like a very awkward homecoming for kyrie

deliberately sacrificing many to save one would be wrong. refusing to kill your most important person to make saving many easier is not.

no one told Nero and Kyrie about Credo because Dante was the only one that knew and he apparently didn't think it was worth mentioning ( or he mentioned it off screen after the game was over.)

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
If the Deadly Fortune was to believe, Trish joined Lady ( who apparently went together with the duo) and both of them evacuated the city.Later, Trish , who has no power to cast magic barriers by herself, used some devil arms( which she stole from Dante's office) to cast a magic barrier to protect them both and Fortuna citizens agains further demon attacks.

seraphmaycry

deliberately sacrificing many to save one would be wrong. refusing to kill your most important person to make saving many easier is not.

i have to strongly disagree here. think about thos epeople for a moment i dont think being killed for something you have no relation to is fair or right and in large numbers is even worse
Trish was headed to evacuate the city right after Credo's death.

Which she probably did.

i forget about that. regardless, people did die.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i have to strongly disagree here. think about thos epeople for a moment i dont think being killed for something you have no relation to is fair or right and in large numbers is even worse

i forget about that. regardless, people did die.

so you are saying you would kill someone you love with your own hands if it might possibly reduce the chances of people dying (not even preventing the death of someone who would other wise definitely die) . if you think everyone should act that way then you must be that type of person unless you don't mean it and are just looking for an excuse to hate Nero.
only on screen deaths happened unless you have proof. do you see any human corpses around during the ending because all i saw were empty buildings that need to be fixed. any deaths that did happen were entirely the fault of Sanctus and Agnus ( and maybe Trish for giving them Sparda) not Nero.

seraphmaycry

so you are saying you would kill someone you love with your own hands if it might possibly reduce the chances of people dying (not even preventing the death of someone who would other wise definitely die) . if you think everyone should act that way then you must be that type of person unless you don't mean it and are just looking for an excuse to hate Nero.
only on screen deaths happened unless you have proof. do you see any human corpses around during the ending because all i saw were empty buildings that need to be fixed. any deaths that did happen were entirely the fault of Sanctus and Agnus ( and maybe Trish for giving them Sparda) not Nero.

i'd like to think i can kill one to spare many more if i have to. it would be pretty depressing to do but i can't think of the alternative as being right or justified.

we did see people killed,trish evacuated the city fro a reason, how does only on screen deaths happened even make sense it's a video game but it does not have to be on the screen for it to happen. i mean there are plenty of theories about vergil and why he wants power if the it only happened if its on screen excuse existed then many theories would be invalid when they are not treated as such. it breaks canon and spits on it, but nero IS vergils son they is a ridicolous amount of hints yet is thos mentioned on screen?

i am not looking for a reason to hate on nero in fact, i was actually ok with him up until that point. and no trish gave sparda to sanctus but he presumably only used that in the fight. remember, the dudes plan was to kill a lot of humans and pretend to be god. the deaths that happened were neros fault he GAVE them yamato, without that the plan would not have worked.think about it, what are they going to do? they can kill humans themselves but how would they be gods then? even if sanctus got agnus and credo to kill a bunch of humans they are both too important to lazer and if he sent someone else, that person could easily rebel since they re going to get destroyed by him either way.

and even if the plan advanced, nero sure as hell would not have known it's the same deal either way.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i'd like to think i can kill one to spare many more if i have to. it would be pretty depressing to do but i can't think of the alternative as being right or justified.
you'd like to think that but the number of people like that is low and i think they would probably be doing something more important than this.
we did see people killed,trish evacuated the city fro a reason, how does only on screen deaths happened even make sense it's a video game but it does not have to be on the screen for it to happen. i mean there are plenty of theories about vergil and why he wants power if the it only happened if its on screen excuse existed then many theories would be invalid when they are not treated as such. it breaks canon and spits on it, but nero IS vergils son they is a ridicolous amount of hints yet is thos mentioned on screen?
we can say that something might have happened or that it seems likely but we can't say something definitely happened unless we saw it or it was mentioned on screen. we saw no sign of civilian deaths from the events of the last few missions and Trish did evacuate so that provides a reason for a lack of deaths.
i am not looking for a reason to hate on nero in fact, i was actually ok with him up until that point. and no trish gave sparda to sanctus but he presumably only used that in the fight. remember, the dudes plan was to kill a lot of humans and pretend to be god. the deaths that happened were neros fault he GAVE them yamato, without that the plan would not have worked.think about it, what are they going to do? they can kill humans themselves but how would they be gods then? even if sanctus got agnus and credo to kill a bunch of humans they are both too important to lazer and if he sent someone else, that person could easily rebel since they re going to get destroyed by him either way.

and even if the plan advanced, nero sure as hell would not have known it's the same deal either way.

Nero didn't give them Yamato, they took it (more precisely he took it from them and they took it back). being defeated by the villains does not mean you share responsibility for their actions. it just means that they know what they are doing. they had already created their own smaller hellgates previously and were attempting to repair Yamato. They still had options open to them other than what happened.

did you forget what Sparda is? it contains the godlike power of it's namesake. do you really think it didn't have an effect on their ability to create and use the Savior? even if it was just used to fight, it is still a sword containing massive amounts of demonic power. giving something like that to an evil old guy with a god complex was a very bad idea.

seraphmaycry

you'd like to think that but the number of people like that is low and i think they would probably be doing something more important than this.

important? i have a strong veiw on the world and HAVE been trying to do something, i can't be occupied with it 24/7 and besides, coming to sites like this let me think over my veiws by discussing wiht peoeple fo differing opinions

we can say that something might have happened or that it seems likely but we can't say something definitely happened unless we saw it or it was mentioned on screen. we saw no sign of civilian deaths from the events of the last few missions and Trish did evacuate so that provides a reason for a lack of deaths.

there were off-screen deaths as WELL as on-screen

Nero didn't give them Yamato, they took it (more precisely he took it from them and they took it back). being defeated by the villains does not mean you share responsibility for their actions. it just means that they know what they are doing. they had already created their own smaller hellgates previously and were attempting to repair Yamato. They still had options open to them other than what happened.

nero is responsible he could have prevented it and agnus acted like yamato being fixed at all was a miracle

did you forget what Sparda is? it contains the godlike power of it's namesake. do you really think it didn't have an effect on their ability to create and use the Savior? even if it was just used to fight, it is still a sword containing massive amounts of demonic power. giving something like that to an evil old guy with a god complex was a very bad idea.
the sparda DID power the saviour, yes but that's exactly why nobody was hurt by it.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

fine maybe you are that type of person. personally i would support the person that protects the people they are supposed to protect over someone who would kill an innocent person because it might make helping other people easier.

do you have proof of off screen deaths because if you don't then they are only a possibility not a definite event.

could have prevented something doesn't mean you share responsibility with the people that caused it. Nero did what he could to stop them (murdering his girlfriend not being something he could do) and in the end succeeded. how exactly does a delay in defeating the villains because they had a hostage make Nero share their guilt? and how exactly is killing a hostage better then saving her?

so you don't deny that Sparda was essential to their plans but you think that giving it to them ( allowing them to begin the plan that caused the entire plot of the game) was good and being defeated by them at first then stopping them later is somehow evil? had Trish not given them the sword they would be still be gathering Devil Arms and killing demons with the intent of eventually trying to figure out how to start their plan. even with Yamato intact they would just be standing around waiting for something to happen. they didn't open the hellgate for fun, they did it to have something to demonstrate the Savior's power on. without the Savior they have no reason to open the gate.

seraphmaycry

fine maybe you are that type of person. personally i would support the person that protects the people they are supposed to protect over someone who would kill an innocent person because it might make helping other people easier.

do you have proof of off screen deaths because if you don't then they are only a possibility not a definite event. no proof but like i said games have a backstory thats not always on screen i mean never is it on screen in dark souls that a army attacked undead burg and parish but there are on screen hints.

could have prevented something doesn't mean you share responsibility with the people that caused it. Nero did what he could to stop them (murdering his girlfriend not being something he could do) and in the end succeeded. how exactly does a delay in defeating the villains because they had a hostage make Nero share their guilt? and how exactly is killing a hostage better then saving her?
i guess i was hasty in saying nero is responsible
so you don't deny that Sparda was essential to their plans but you think that giving it to them ( allowing them to begin the plan that caused the entire plot of the game) was good and being defeated by them at first then stopping them later is somehow evil? had Trish not given them the sword they would be still be gathering Devil Arms and killing demons with the intent of eventually trying to figure out how to start their plan. even with Yamato intact they would just be standing around waiting for something to happen. they didn't open the hellgate for fun, they did it to have something to demonstrate the Savior's power on. without the Savior they have no reason to open the gate.
true, very true without sparda the hellgate would never have been opened however, for plot purposes since it IS a video game something would have to happened, not that's relevant to this discussion.

actually why did trish give them sparda? infiltrating as gloria seemed highly pointless. only reason gloria even exists is capcom decided that there was not enough of the good ol' tried and trued fan service. still, capcom could have done something truly interesting instead of "i have no idea how we/i can loigcally make the bad guys plan work oh, i know trish gives it to them she can have a disguise, the old guy can seem wise and we get more fanservice nobody will question what the hell just happened"

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

it seems likely that innocent people were killed at the end of DMC4 but it isn't definite.

Trish gave Sparda to Sanctus because.... i don't know, she was bored or something? Trish doesn't seem to have good reasons for most of what she does. when the anime needed to figure out what personally she would have after joining Dante Trish ended up being the type of person who does things on impulse because she thinks they would amuse her ( eg. fighting Lady for no reason) and that personality was used for DMC4.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Trish took Sparda and gave it to Sanctus under the guise of Gloria, as a show of good faith that she would be a valuable asset to the Order of the Sword.

As for Nero, remember that his hesitation to kill Kyrie was a split-second decision. He was going in for the kill on Sanctus, and Sanctus shielded himself with the one thing he knew Nero would never cut past - Kyrie. In Nero's short moment of hesitation, Sanctus gained the upper hand and was able to consume Nero within the Savior.

You make it sound like Nero made an entirely well-thought out and fully conscious decision after lengthy deliberation to decide to not kill Kyrie and possibly allow thousands to die. That whole instance was over in a matter of seconds, and Nero is a very impulsive, emotionally-driven character, of course he stayed his hand to not hurt the one person in the world he cared about. That split-second of hesitation born from Sanctus dubious defensive methods are more at fault that Nero himself is :p

On a sidenote - wow...so this is what the other forums look like! Enlightening.

seraphmaycry

Trish took Sparda and gave it to Sanctus under the guise of Gloria, as a show of good faith that she would be a valuable asset to the Order of the Sword.

As for Nero, remember that his hesitation to kill Kyrie was a split-second decision. He was going in for the kill on Sanctus, and Sanctus shielded himself with the one thing he knew Nero would never cut past - Kyrie. In Nero's short moment of hesitation, Sanctus gained the upper hand and was able to consume Nero within the Savior.

You make it sound like Nero made an entirely well-thought out and fully conscious decision after lengthy deliberation to decide to not kill Kyrie and possibly allow thousands to die. That whole instance was over in a matter of seconds, and Nero is a very impulsive, emotionally-driven character, of course he stayed his hand to not hurt the one person in the world he cared about. That split-second of hesitation born from Sanctus dubious defensive methods are more at fault that Nero himself is :p

On a sidenote - wow...so this is what the other forums look like! Enlightening.

it was a split-second decision i acknowledge that all to well but neor did not even care afterwards and nobody even touched on it apparently nero was the "hero".

and i have no idea what you mean by your sidenote.

Top Bottom