• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil Trigger Shockwaves?

EvilX-81

Not sure if it's been posted, but an Eurogamer vid went up acouple of days ago showing off a piece of Mission 5.

What has my interest though is when he activated DT, everytime he hit an enemy with the Aquila, it would cause extra hits to pop up randomly on other attackers. Sound effects made me think DBZ for a moment, lulz. DT is starting to feel powerful now.

Hope the other weapons have somesort of added special effect in DT mode. Hey, how about an extra large and powerful just charge Overdrive, or the classic Real Impact??

Edit: On second look, like Furious said, it could be Aquilas' hitbox is just damn ridiculous. Still, weird striking sound for a *cutting* weapon.

EvilX-81

I'm guessing the hitboxes of weapons are expanded during Devil Trigger.

Oh damn, you could right about that. Forgot about the huge range the Aquilas have in the first place.

Or it could be some sort of upgrade to the Devil Trigger itself...?

Interesting.

Though I'm thinking Furious may be right now, I'm hoping it's either; a DT upgrade or purchasable weapon-specific special effect when in DT. Rebellion and Osiris doesn't do that in the demo IIRC? Still, I love those sound effects.

DarkSlayer54

I wouldn't call it broken. DT has always been over powered.

If you were to remove the whole throwing enemies into the air, it would be more or less the same (on normal at least... not sure if DMD will affect it's power or not).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

If you were to remove the whole throwing enemies into the air, it would be more or less the same (on normal at least... not sure if DMD will affect it's power or not).
You know what would be interesting? If on DMD mode the devil trigger didn't send the enemies flying and the enemies could still attack you.

ChaserTech

Being able to hit all of the enemies simultaneously on screen with regular attacks is pretty broken. Since his D.T. gives him increased speed, increased strength and the ability to immobilize enemies around him.

Now he can apparently hit all enemies in the playing field just by singling out one demon, which is retarded imo.

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
Being able to hit all of the enemies simultaneously on screen with regular attacks is pretty broken. Since his D.T. gives him increased speed, increased strength and the ability to immobilize enemies around him.

Now he can apparently hit all enemies in the playing field just by singling out one demon, which is retarded imo.
I think that's just with Aquila, which is a very wide-reaching weapon, and functions that way outside of DT, too.

OblivionDante

"Let's Rock!"
I hate Devil Trigger takes so long to power up but I can see from how OP it is that why its short and hard to get back more like star power from Mario bros then DT really. DT has always made Dante/Nero/Vergil stronger but never completely broken. It just enhanced their abilities and gain a few special moves. Sure it give you an edge on normal enemies but bosses still pose a very big threat. For example DMC4 Dante boss 2 with Nero even if you use DT Dante will knock you around like its nothing. I do hope at some point in the game Dante gets a REAL devil trigger one where he is demonic and such.

ChaserTech

I personally doubt that he'll become an actual demon with his D.T.
I already don't like the fact that they kinda just threw in the whole half Angel concept when Dante doesn't have much in terms of Angelic powers. Just Angel Glide and Angel Dodge.

You'd think they would have some other stuff related to it though. But at this point, it just doesn't make sense to me.

chocolatepanda

I hate Devil Trigger takes so long to power up but I can see from how OP it is that why its short and hard to get back more like star power from Mario bros then DT really. DT has always made Dante/Nero/Vergil stronger but never completely broken. It just enhanced their abilities and gain a few special moves. Sure it give you an edge on normal enemies but bosses still pose a very big threat. For example DMC4 Dante boss 2 with Nero even if you use DT Dante will knock you around like its nothing. I do hope at some point in the game Dante gets a REAL devil trigger one where he is demonic and such.
The only thing that might change for his DT is his appearance. And are you saying that bosses dont pose a threat when DT is used in DmC? You can still get knocked around in boss fights even with DT activated in DmC, its pretty much god mode against regular enemies(if you have enough meter) and a normal DT against bosses.

personally doubt that he'll become an actual demon with his D.T.
I already don't like the fact that they kinda just threw in the whole half Angel concept when Dante doesn't have much in terms of Angelic powers. Just Angel Glide and Angel Dodge.

You'd think they would have some other stuff related to it though. But at this point, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Yea i feel the same way. At most i think a partial transformation would be ok but a full transformation into a demon wouldnt make sense since he's half angel. Maybe if a transformation dos happen they'll change the name from DT to something else.

DarkSlayer54

I hate to bend the topic here, but does anyone else feel that the DT in this game doesn't add anything new to the combat?

Like, in the previous DMC's the DT added a few new moves to Dante, which gave an additional bit of variety. It was usable after only 2-3 monsters killed, which let some players use it in short bursts to really compliment the gameplay. In DmC doesn't really compliment anything... it just feels like a desperation move.

Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

ChaserTech

I hate to bend the topic here, but does anyone else feel that the DT in this game doesn't add anything new to the combat?

Like, in the previous DMC's the DT added a few new moves to Dante, which gave an additional bit of variety. It was usable after only 2-3 monsters killed, which let some players use it in short bursts to really compliment the gameplay. In DmC doesn't really compliment anything... it just feels like a desperation move.

Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

It's not just you. I feel the same way too.

In DMC3, when you used Nevan, you gained the ability to fly, use Vortex, and Shockwave. There were also other boosts for other weapons. (Speed, strength, elemental damage, defense, ability to glide). And in DMC4 there were moves like Stinger, Kick13, Pin-Up, as well as Dante being able to have a constant stream of charged shots with his guns while he was in D.T. mode.

With Dante's D.T. in DmC, there's no actual difference with his attacks other than stat boosts. I just feel as if he got a color palette change as well as strength/speed boost. I kinda wished that they never used the whole white hair/red coat D.T. honestly. Doesn't make any sense for that to be his D.T. unless he physically stays like that in the end of the game.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
DT in DmC is both overpowered and useless at the same time. It sends all enemies in the air, gives Dante speed boost, damage boost and armor but also it is way to short to do actually anything useful with it.

OblivionDante

"Let's Rock!"
The only thing that might change for his DT is his appearance. And are you saying that bosses dont pose a threat when DT is used in DmC? You can still get knocked around in boss fights even with DT activated in DmC, its pretty much god mode against regular enemies(if you have enough meter) and a normal DT against bosses. .

From the demo the boss didn't pose any kind of threat and I never once had to use D.T. even on SoS mode. Which I really hope the other bosses put up much more of a fight. Then again I may just be expecting too much as I am use to the insane boss battles DMD gives me lol.

It's not just you. I feel the same way too.

In DMC3, when you used Nevan, you gained the ability to fly, use Vortex, and Shockwave. There were also other boosts for other weapons. (Speed, strength, elemental damage, defense, ability to glide). And in DMC4 there were moves like Stinger, Kick13, Pin-Up, as well as Dante being able to have a constant stream of charged shots with his guns while he was in D.T. mode.

With Dante's D.T. in DmC, there's no actual difference with his attacks other than stat boosts. I just feel as if he got a color palette change as well as strength/speed boost. I kinda wished that they never used the whole white hair/red coat D.T. honestly. Doesn't make any sense for that to be his D.T. unless he physically stays like that in the end of the game.

Yeah man that one of the reason I was hoping he get a different D.T. later in the game as it would give him so the old moves from the past games. I never even use it in the demo as it just throws the enemies in the air and breaks my combo. I haven't change the button lay out but can you not switch on D.T. in the air? Cause I have tried and for the life of me it doesn't work. I thought it might be cause Dante's model does that little power up animation and that can only be done on the ground.

scionicspectre

Well, instead of adding additional moves, it does something like quicksilver, and it renders the enemies immobile. Since it's easier to pull off interesting moves in DmC without knocking the character all the way back (a la DMC 3), you have absolute control over enemies in Devil Trigger.

So I guess getting an opportunity to really show off your favorite combos without any risk is what DmC offers instead of two or three extra moves. Oh, and flying around like a total badass.

So far as the moves/look not explaining his angelic side, I guess DMC 2 would be an even worse example (Lucia, a full-demon with angel wings). The 'angel' of death has a scythe, so I guess an angel doesn't have to appear heavenly.

Top Bottom