• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry's Future Isn't Tied to How Well Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition Sells

Veloran

No, it's the contrary. Quote:

"But that isn't to say that the latter was just a one shot, that game also got it's own next-gen re-release earlier this year."
It depends on how you interpret it. He says that DmC could have replaced DMC if it was if it was a big success (Which it was not), but also that it could have been totally swept under the rug if it had done even worse. He goes on to say that Definitive Edition was DmC's way of not being a one-shot failure, it's follow up.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
What has DmC's sales got to do in retrospect to DMC's future?

I thought the point here was to establish whether or not DMC 4: SE's sales are what's holding DMC's future together.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
What has DmC's sales got to do in retrospect to DMC's future?

I thought the point here was to establish whether or not DMC 4: SE's sales are what's holding DMC's future together.
Itsuno clearly said that if sales were really good, it would replace DMC series, and DMC4: SE wouldn't even been made.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Itsuno clearly said that if sales were really good, it would replace DMC series, and DMC4: SE wouldn't even been made.

Really? And what now they're saying that DMC 4: SE needs to sell well for a DMC 5? That just...I don't follow that way of thinking lol

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Never said anything was complicated about it.

I just don't get that train of thought. Did they really even want to continue the original series at all if it would've been scrapped altogether if DmC had been more successful? Clearly not.

But then that doesn't work out, so it's like "Oh well, let's just say that we 'might' do DMC 5 if DMC 4:SE sells well".

That kind of logic goes back on itself. Don't split one thing into two, then not even know what they really want to do anymore. Especially not at this point where they have little to no direction to seem to want to/be able to continue either. There's no sense of direction, that's the illogicality here.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Never said anything was complicated about it.

I just don't get that train of thought. Did they really even want to continue the original series at all if it would've been scrapped altogether if DmC had been more successful? Clearly not.
Umm thats why I said DMC4: SE wouldn't even be made, hens it's sales wouldn't be considered

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Umm thats why I said DMC4: SE wouldn't even be made, hens it's sales wouldn't be considered

I know, I was just over exaggerating the point that I find it silly really for them to of even got themselves into this position.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
So at first I thought the special edition and definitive edition of DMC4 and DmC were gonna determine which version of devil may cry was gonna Continue and had lost hope for the OS but apparently it wasn't a contest but a message that DEVIL MAY CRY WILL CONTINUE so what do u guys think of this and what u guys hope to see in DMC5?

Top Bottom