• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry's Future Isn't Tied to How Well Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition Sells

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i knew the whole DMC4 SE need to sell thing was bull ****
or at least a translation mistake

anyway hearing that he likes to hear fan feed back
maybe now we can see if we can get the DMC 2 outfit back in the next game

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'd do a backflip if I could.
I'd go on Ninja Warrior if I could.

747f5c4d5d0d8fc26582c6a9e929d06a.jpg

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I had hoped this was the case. Honestly, like half a year ago when I first heard people say that DMC4 SE needed to sell really well, *otherwise DMC wouldn't continue and they would go on with DmC*, I thought it was nonsense. Mainly because there was no evidence for it, and I couldn't see them wanting to continue with DmC, at least not in place of DMC. Then when I heard Itsuno say something like 'please show your support', it felt like it was mistranslated. But I never heard anything else about it, so I assumed it was true. The lesson is... don't make assumptions at all, I guess.

At least now I know Capcom isn't completely moronic. Not yet, anyway.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well that's cool. I didn't really understand why 'the future of DMC' would really need to soulfully rely on something as trivial as that.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I noticed another interesting thing. Itsuno claims DmC was actually just one shot ...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I noticed another interesting thing. Itsuno claims DmC was actually just one shot ...

No, it's the contrary. Quote:

"But that isn't to say that the latter was just a one shot, that game also got it's own next-gen re-release earlier this year."

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No, it's the contrary. Quote:

"But that isn't to say that the latter was just a one shot, that game also got it's own next-gen re-release earlier this year."
ah ok. Well I still don't believe Capcom will continue both. And I don't think Itsuno has any influence on this. So I still take this article with grain of salt than.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
ah ok. Well I still don't believe Capcom will continue both.

I don't think anyone does.

Of course Itsuno doesn't decide the future of the franchise, he's just a director. However he wanted to clarify that the whole "buy DMC4 SE or no DMC5" thing and the survey thing were in fact a misunderstanding.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Honestly after analysing both articles I kinda think that its even more depressing. In his first article in original translation it was like "I don't think i make another DMC game if DMC4 won't sell". Now take away DMC4 part and apparently Itsuno won't make another DMC game

outoftheblue

@Innsmouth Come on, Itsuno won´t be working on a DMC title the day he dies or retires.

I would be taking everthing said regarding this matter very loosly, because in the end he´s just going back on his own words. Mistraslation....my behind!

And either way, the Special Edition is doing beautifully, so I honestly think it´s a matter of time. I will say it again: DMC might not be their bestselling franchiese, but it still makes them money, lots of it. Their not going to shelf it. Not while it still works. And it does. Absolutly.

Top Bottom